SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THE_MASK 08-03-16 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodin (Post 2423752)
Thanks for the replies.

It's Oct 10, 1939. When I selected the british coastal orders, I left my base from Kiel and had been patrolling the various ordered sectors until I received a radio message saying that I'd been reassigned to Wilhemshaven. After I received no more orders to patrol certain sectors, I returned to Wilhelmshaven, selected the anchor and ended mission. I'm a bit confused now ;)

edit: Since sober said (unless Imisunderstood) that there is no maximum tonnage bar to worry about with this mod, I simply returned to base, though british coast is still available, as well as breaking fortress, and another mission as well

edit2: love your tutorial thread btw, theberbster!

Missions /objectives are time based . Go anywhere and sink what you like but remember the highlighted yellow .
Other missions will appear when historically available by time , not by tonnage . Wait for them to appear . When they appear simply go there without requesting it . Or request them while docked to get promotional points for the crew .

If you want tonnage to count then use KSD Commander program . See if you can rack up tonnage to beat other players .
Forget tonnage requirements .
Instead focus on ship sinkings to obtain these

- Promotional points for the crew - secondary patrol missions, spy infiltration ect...
- Points for new equipment - number of sunken ships/tonnage from anywhere in the world
- New sub offer - Rating points gained by sinking capital ships and tankers anywhere in the world
- Medals - Overall tonnage, sinkings of capital ships ''

If you sink neutrals then good luck with getting a new uboat .

THE_MASK 08-03-16 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potus (Post 2423690)
Thanks for the tip on the flags, never noticed that addition in the charts.

And i have not fooled around with the TDW's Options File Editor Viewer have to look into that then thanks!

Here is the cause for my confusion so far.

This is a screenshot from a save file after I engaged and sunk those Danish targets (figured lets have a go at it have a safe file just in case :p)

The captain log showing U32 the radio message showing U28 (have to change that in the TDW's Options File Editor Viewer then. )
notice the "attack target" message (this message came in after I reported those 2 Danish contacts back) So looking at the newly discovered flags book which i never used.... and going by the dates of when Denmark is on the allied side I would not be allowed to attack them right? For test purposes and the desire to see fireworks I did engaged those. No Bdu CTD though, so i guess those kills won't do me any good career and promotion points wise? Or is it better I just go to my older save file and just avoid those 2 Danish completely as i am probably waiting for that CTD Bdu message?

I think I got confused with neutrals/axis . if you sink neutrals then good luck with getting a new uboat afaik .

Bodin 08-03-16 06:57 PM

At the risk of cluttering the thread further: Sober, I thank you once again sir! :salute:

potus 08-03-16 08:27 PM

well i will treat this campaign as a fool around/test campaign untill i have my new PC

Its a bit overwhelming with all the mods in the beginning a lot of information to absorb on some of the concepts on campaign and tools but that makes it that much better :up:

you guys are probably tired of answering the same Q's over and over again :p
thanks for all the replies! :salute:

Bodin 08-04-16 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potus (Post 2423499)
I noticed the captain log that messages there are directed at U-32 whereas if I check my radio log everything is directed at U-28.

And here I always thought those were messages to an NPC uboat :doh:

So can I change from u-28 with TDW for the sake of KSD--is that a thing people do?

Edit: Also, I can't find myself in the 'elite flotilla' section of ksd. I'd ask on their forum, but don't understand the language... didn't see a lot of explanation in the pdf either. Any quick pointers would be appreciated. If I'm asking too many boring questions, I fully understand if you all want to toss me overboard :)

THEBERBSTER 08-04-16 05:33 AM

Hi Bodin
When you end your patrols in Wilhelmshaven you can select to 'request' any mission showing.
Remember that 28 days will be added to the patrol you have just finished unless you select the randomized option in KSD.
KSD will allow you the option to randomize 7 to 28 days.

The KSD 'Elite flotilla' will only show players using the 'realistic' 100% settings.

You can match your U-Boat number to your radio messages and KSD by making the change when in the bunker by using TDW's OFEV as I explained.
Peter

Aktungbby 08-04-16 02:19 PM

Welcome aboard!

Luigi1717!:Kaleun_Salute:
Quote:

Hi everyone I'm new to subsim so I'm not sure if I should be posting this here.

fitzcarraldo 08-05-16 09:26 PM

Welcome to SUBSIM Luigi!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

fitzcarraldo 08-05-16 09:31 PM

Radio and Music

Question: Is there some limit to the quantity of radio stations (radio sounds) and music (gramaphone) added to the game? I have a lot of music and radio stations in SH4. Is this possible in TWoS without ruin the stability of the game?

Many thanks and regards.

gap 08-06-16 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2424352)
Question: Is there some limit to the quantity of radio stations (radio sounds) and music (gramaphone) added to the game? I have a lot of music and radio stations in SH4. Is this possible in TWoS without ruin the stability of the game?

Many thanks and regards.

AFAIK there's no limit to the number of radio stations/music files that can be added to the game. Some file formats such as mp3 can make the game lesser stable though (to be safe, it is better sticking to the wav or ogg formats), and any mispelling in the ini file of scripted radio events will make the game to crash when the game tries finding the mispelled file(s). Problems like that are easy to track down, because no matter what the player does / where he is, the game will alway CTD exactly at the same game date/time. :salute:

fitzcarraldo 08-06-16 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2424407)
AFAIK there's no limit to the number of radio stations/music files that can be added to the game. Some file formats such as mp3 can make the game lesser stable though (to be safe, it is better sticking to the wav or ogg formats), and any mispelling in the ini file of scripted radio events will make the game to crash when the game tries finding the mispelled file(s). Problems like that are easy to track down, because no matter what the player does / where he is, the game will alway CTD exactly at the same game date/time. :salute:

Many thanks for the answer! I ever use ogg files in SH4.

Best regards.

Sjizzle 08-07-16 04:00 AM

Offtopic sorry for that

any one know how to fix the nvidia yellow light bulbs ? i have forgot it and seems that i can not fine the patch or the fix for :(

thx again and sorry for the offtopic

THEBERBSTER 08-07-16 04:17 AM

Hi Sjizzle
If you mean this one then it is in my tutorials downloads section.
nVidia missing lights > Enable JSGME
Peter

AtomicBetty 08-07-16 04:03 PM

Does the wind effect your course when running on the surface? It seems like my navigator is accounting for wind drift over time when he makes a dead reckoning fix. IE, I'm running on a course of 290 and the wind is blowing from 244 at 15 knots and my nav fixes keep showing me moving farther and farther SW with each fix.

THEBERBSTER 08-07-16 06:17 PM

Hi AB
That would be logical to expect all vessels to be affected by the weather.
Peter