SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 05-11-16 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 2403811)
I also got these error messages already two or three times. No idea what causes them to appear sometimes.

Same goes for you. Probably an indication of faulty game/mod installation. POst few screenshots if nothing else...

Unkki 05-11-16 11:53 PM

After chasing 2 merchant ships during the day, I carefully planned my attack to start at sunset. I set up my intercept and collected my data:

Bearing 0, range 950 meters, speed 7 kts +-, AOB 108 degrees.

2 torpedos hit,,, and bye bye. I surface and start using my canon to take out the other unarmed ship.

What I didn't see was that behind the smoke of the first target, there was a destroyer coming for me with full speed :/\\!! I dive and try to escape... but before I knew it the depth charges are exploding all around me :/\\!!. No room for errors!

Lesson learned, do not blindly surface... or you're gonna have a bad day! :up:

palmic 05-12-16 01:24 AM

Just a little HINT guys, i dont know if you know about that:

You can even plan where exactly will the sun be at your attack time to plan your position to attack from dark and see sun/moon behind your target.
- open chalkboard by shift+B, click small chalk, then update your last position fix by button there - your position fix lat/long will fill into inputs - good. Then click OK and update sun/moon data by little circle at lower left corner of chalkboard.
Now you'll see actual sunset/sunrise (bearing) at your current position. So you can position yourself to have target at that bearing when you'll attack.

You can of course even shadow your convoy till ideal time of moon with this data :up:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...board_info.jpg

vdr1981 05-12-16 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unkki (Post 2403943)
After chasing 2 merchant ships during the day, I carefully planned my attack to start at sunset. I set up my intercept and collected my data:

Bearing 0, range 950 meters, speed 7 kts +-, AOB 108 degrees.

2 torpedos hit,,, and bye bye. I surface and start using my canon to take out the other unarmed ship.

What I didn't see was that behind the smoke of the first target, there was a destroyer coming for me with full speed :/\\!! I dive and try to escape... but before I knew it the depth charges are exploding all around me :/\\!!. No room for errors!

Lesson learned, do not blindly surface... or you're gonna have a bad day! :up:

What a story! :up:

HW3 05-12-16 01:18 PM

Sailed into Wilmhelmshafen on the West side of the island, no crash. Sailed out of Wilmhelmshafen on the East side of the island, no crash. Time comp was at 1X.

auricom 05-12-16 11:02 PM

hey folks, i am running the monsun campaign and have just made it to the vicinity of the milk cow.

i have a flashing yellow icon at the top saying new objective, and a radio message that says i need to request resupply to recieve coordinates. my radioman does not appear to have a request resupply button anywhere.. has it been moved to a different spot?

halp! :)

HW3 05-13-16 02:39 AM

My radioman has resupply request in his dialog when I interact with him.

Trevally. 05-13-16 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auricom (Post 2404170)
hey folks, i am running the monsun campaign and have just made it to the vicinity of the milk cow.

i have a flashing yellow icon at the top saying new objective, and a radio message that says i need to request resupply to recieve coordinates. my radioman does not appear to have a request resupply button anywhere.. has it been moved to a different spot?

halp! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HW3 (Post 2404192)
My radioman has resupply request in his dialog when I interact with him.

Yes - HW3 is correct. You need to talk face to face with the radio op.
Tanker coords will be given and the resupply will be within 10km :up:

auricom 05-13-16 02:23 PM

ahh talk to the guy directly.. i didn't even think to try that.. thanks everyone!

HW3 05-13-16 04:03 PM

Your welcome, glad to help.:salute:

palmic 05-14-16 03:58 AM

[REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod

love to see more old wolves to play sh5 :up:

I rather socialize myself these days, than play, but I'll be back for sure, i don't want to throw everything what i learned about this awesome modpack away :)

BTW hey vecko, i would really love to support your awesome work via some donation as you do great work even about helping newbies and i understand it has to be very annoying to respond the same questions again and again...

You cannot spend so much time with that just like that, you need to compensate it by something! :)
And i think it would be fair to say thank you by small donation as you and modes basically fixed all this game.

It could seem to be unfair to get money for updating modpack because of modders, but it really can't seem to be unfair to let people support your time at this forum.

Just please don't use PayPal as i can't pay with that, probably just because I'm not from western longitude

palmic 05-14-16 06:00 AM

I had crash now, i saw some posts about crashes at last u11 so i just attach my win7 debug info if anyone else seen the same fault module at his crash - we could trace some bug there:
It happend just like that in english canal, no visible contact around, medium preciptations, light fog, no save/load for about 30 ingame hours..

Code:

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:        APPCRASH
  Application Name:        sh5.exe
  Application Version:        1.2.0.0
  Application Timestamp:        4bce9a96
  Fault Module Name:        Particles.act
  Fault Module Version:        0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:        4bce9a2f
  Exception Code:        c0000005
  Exception Offset:        0000b684
  OS Version:        6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:        1029

vdr1981 05-14-16 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2404414)
I had crash now, i saw some posts about crashes at last u11 so i just attach my win7 debug info if anyone else seen the same fault module at his crash - we could trace some bug there:
It happend just like that in english canal, no visible contact around, medium preciptations, light fog, no save/load for about 30 ingame hours..

Code:

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:        APPCRASH
  Application Name:        sh5.exe
  Application Version:        1.2.0.0
  Application Timestamp:        4bce9a96
  Fault Module Name:        Particles.act
  Fault Module Version:        0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:        4bce9a2f
  Exception Code:        c0000005
  Exception Offset:        0000b684
  OS Version:        6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:        1029

During or just after thunderstorm maybe? English channel again? :hmm2:

palmic 05-14-16 12:40 PM

During storm :-)

I just need to do one last trip there, i am moved to lorient now :-)

This was my first session after my 90kt patrol

Sent from phone

LCQ_SH 05-14-16 02:18 PM

resolution 16x9

Hi Vecko,

Will the mod resolution 16x9 from v1.4 will work with v1.5??

Is there any 16x9 for v1.5?

Thanks!