SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Aktungbby 02-09-16 10:19 AM

Welcome back

ptrells14!:salute:

ptrells14 02-09-16 04:27 PM

Thank you sir! :rock:

I do have an issue with the ship identification, I use Real Nav and do not play with the W&S addon, when I use the ship recognition manual and send the ship mast height to the TDC the XO still reads the generic "warship" or "tanker" etc etc caption. I have been sifting through the thread for an answer but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Damo 02-10-16 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptrells14 (Post 2380455)
Thank you sir! :rock:

I do have an issue with the ship identification, I use Real Nav and do not play with the W&S addon, when I use the ship recognition manual and send the ship mast height to the TDC the XO still reads the generic "warship" or "tanker" etc etc caption. I have been sifting through the thread for an answer but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You won't get the identity of the ship show up if you have the Identify Target button disabled, it's all down to you to confirm you are looking at the right ship and to set the torpedo running depth to what is necessary, as was the case in reality. You must still click the 'Send Mast Height to TDC' if you want accurate range measurements but you can do this manually too. If making a magnetic pistol shot, aim to run the torpedo 2-4 meters below the stated draft figure although to be honest, especially early war, or during bad weather you're better off going for Impact pistol shots as I always find Magnetic to be very 'hit and miss'.

See what I did there...? :nope:

kobiwaldi 02-10-16 02:19 AM

Quick notice as a long time player of sh3 - ccom...

Thank you for your wonderful Mod :D

Fxmuster 02-10-16 05:40 AM

Hi, is it possible to play Multiplayer Session with this Mod(s)?

ptrells14 02-10-16 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damo (Post 2380522)
You won't get the identity of the ship show up if you have the Identify Target button disabled, it's all down to you to confirm you are looking at the right ship and to set the torpedo running depth to what is necessary, as was the case in reality. You must still click the 'Send Mast Height to TDC' if you want accurate range measurements but you can do this manually too. If making a magnetic pistol shot, aim to run the torpedo 2-4 meters below the stated draft figure although to be honest, especially early war, or during bad weather you're better off going for Impact pistol shots as I always find Magnetic to be very 'hit and miss'.

See what I did there...? :nope:

Thank you for your reply, I figured that may be the case but I just wanted to confirm. I appreciate the info. Fair winds and following seas.:salute:

V/R
Fox

Aktungbby 02-10-16 10:32 AM

Welcome back

Fxmuster!:salute: after a long silent run!

excel4004 02-10-16 06:03 PM

Who knows what to do now? :doh:

Iam at the beginning of "EASTERN BRITISH COASTAL", so the first mission was to get to "AN7932"" and patrol there for about 48h in a zone of 80 km (04.10.1939).

I did this,48h without saving/leaving the game. But i still got no new mission and now its the 09.10.1939!!??

What should i do now? Still patroling this area ( In Mission objectives this Primary Objective is still "Pending" - [ Patrol area assigned. Reach AN7932 and start operations. Attack any enemy contact])?
Or should i go to the east side of England (Grimsby; Tyne) to the area of the original campaing of "EASTERN BRITISH COASTAL" and searching there for enemys?

Thanks for your help.

:subsim:

JT1981 02-11-16 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2380678)
Who knows what to do now? :doh:

Iam at the beginning of "EASTERN BRITISH COASTAL", so the first mission was to get to "AN7932"" and patrol there for about 48h in a zone of 80 km (04.10.1939).

I did this,48h without saving/leaving the game. But i still got no new mission and now its the 09.10.1939!!??

What should i do now? Still patroling this area ( In Mission objectives this Primary Objective is still "Pending" - [ Patrol area assigned. Reach AN7932 and start operations. Attack any enemy contact])?
Or should i go to the east side of England (Grimsby; Tyne) to the area of the original campaing of "EASTERN BRITISH COASTAL" and searching there for enemys?

Thanks for your help.

Hi friend,you will receive a message from bdu when you close patrol area,it said you should patrol the area in 200km(sometimes 250km) and stay for 48(sometime 72 hours),and when you stay enough time,the mission will compilish,and then you will receive another mission,order you patrol another area for 48/72 hours...so,my advise is when you finish first mission,you could attack convey or single merchant ,shoot all your torpedos and return base

palmic 02-11-16 09:24 AM

I dont care about these patrol missions anymore, all orders from BDu are pretty cheap. You know, you can sink 2 ships traveling from home base to first patrol spot by deck gun and the just write you "be more aggressive" just because you are still full of torps..

Just be sure you are in the circle they want you to be at that patrol if you want to accomplish it (i use ~10km smaller cirlce to be sure) and wait that 48hours, or 50, no more..

Even when you find some merchant around, dont care about patrol mission anymore, go kill it.

You'll receive nothing for accomplishing patrol missions.

palmic 02-11-16 09:30 AM

I found it not very punishable in WOS to stay submerged even when i have 60% of CO2.
Its just draining morale a little but everything seems to be operational.
Morale raise back quickly after emerging, so theres no punishment for suffocate crew.

I just think at this level of CO2 they would be already unconscious.
I was submerged more that 24h with base u-boat.

Awesome modpack anyway.. :up:

vdr1981 02-11-16 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2380785)
I found it not very punishable in WOS to stay submerged even when i have 60% of CO2.
Its just draining morale a little but everything seems to be operational.
Morale raise back quickly after emerging, so theres no punishment for suffocate crew.

I just think at this level of CO2 they would be already unconscious.
I was submerged more that 24h with base u-boat.

Awesome modpack anyway.. :up:

The crew will die after approximately 40 without surfacing. Other fatigue elements are not modeled in sh5...only moral(such as it is).

excel4004 02-11-16 02:20 PM

Quote:

You'll receive nothing for accomplishing patrol missions.
I dont think so, master THEBERBSTER wrote in his thread:

"How To Use The Kriegsmarine Grid Numbers" (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2267181&postcount=169)

Quote:

Each completed patrol area is worth 1 bonus point.
JT1981, thanks for helping but why do you think the patrol area is 200km? The object states 80 km.

To Berbster and vdr1981: Is this a bug what i had, or are this patrol missions always a mixture of time i must patrol and sink a certain number of ships?

Are these patrol missions, missions from the original campain or modded missions?

...and THANKS for this great mod!! :subsim:

THEBERBSTER 02-11-16 03:20 PM

My understanding as how Vecko has adapted his TWOS unlike the stock game where you had to achieve objectives, and had to finish a mission completely within the time date to fill the tonnage bar and get the campaign icons; this is no longer the case.

Another advantage TWOS has over the stock or modded game is that all tonnage counts.
The stock or modded game with the tonnage bar was unfair because you could sink ships in the patrol area and they did not count towards filling the tonnage bar, meaning you had to sink specific types of ships to count but, you did not know what they were.
This was:
EBCW 70,000 tonnes
NWA 80,000 tonnes
SWA 90,000 tonnes

Carrying out your patrol grid assignments adds bonus points that can be used to give you a better crew performance on their individual skills depending on how you spend those points.
Each time you request the same mission you are given either another 3 patrol grid objectives or you get a special mission.
The amount of tonnage you sink in general is important as it will help you to receive for example, a quicker upgrade from the VIIA to VIIB. There are other benefits as well as enhancing your career and the medals you receive.

Peter

excel4004 02-11-16 04:34 PM

Thanks THEBERBSTER for the explaination!

I stayed in the square of 20 km to 10 km in AN9232 and then it works.

One last question about this - THEBERBSTER, do you alwasy stay in this square or do you also search/patrol in these 80 km circles with sucessfull carrying out the patrol grid assignments?