SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

svedan 11-01-15 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2355113)
You checked "show processes from all users" ?:hmmm:

Yes, it has been ticked the whole time

vdr1981 11-01-15 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svedan (Post 2355117)
Yes, it has been ticked the whole time

I see, can you report your findings here? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...01#post2355001

THEBERBSTER 11-01-15 05:55 PM

Hi Vecko

Just to confirm svedan's findings that for some reason TWOS does not show the OSI.exe in all Processes ticked.

Peter

svedan 11-01-15 09:04 PM

I reinstalled the game. Osi.exe runs on the vanilla version. Then installed TWOS and osi.exe doesn't run anymore.

vdr1981 11-02-15 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svedan (Post 2355148)
I reinstalled the game. Osi.exe runs on the vanilla version. Then installed TWOS and osi.exe doesn't run anymore.

Did you try to disable 'disable U-play browser' patch with TDW gen.patcher?:hmmm:

svedan 11-02-15 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2355175)
Did you try to disable 'disable U-play browser' patch with TDW gen.patcher?:hmmm:

I tried it now and osi.exe runs when started with U-play

MaMa 11-02-15 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svedan (Post 2355232)
I tried it now and osi.exe runs when started with U-play

Hi svedan !

I see that you already tried this step and now i have confirmation about what was blocking this application, good find.

I gently ask you a further step since i can't do any test now : can you start the game with U-Play and follow the procedure steps pointed before by vdr1981 ? then continue with a savegame or start a new one to check if the campaign is updated correctly...

Your help would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks in advance :) !

svedan 11-02-15 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaMa (Post 2355247)
Hi svedan !

I see that you already tried this step and now i have confirmation about what was blocking this application, good find.

I gently ask you a further step since i can't do any test now : can you start the game with U-Play and follow the procedure steps pointed before by vdr1981 ? then continue with a savegame or start a new one to check if the campaign is updated correctly...

Your help would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks in advance :) !

I loaded my save I made from 31/5-1940 23:30, just before the swith from Coastal Waters to Happy Times. As soon as I entered the game I got the message that the campaign was completed. No problem starting Happy Times campaign, all seems good.

MaMa 11-02-15 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svedan (Post 2355254)
I loaded my save I made from 31/5-1940 23:30, just before the swith from Coastal Waters to Happy Times. As soon as I entered the game I got the message that the campaign was completed. No problem starting Happy Times campaign, all seems good.

Fantastic ! it seems that everything's all right ! :D

vdr1981 11-02-15 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svedan (Post 2355254)

Very, very nice!
Mama, you've made it! :up:

YoYo 11-02-15 04:41 PM

Just for info, but for sure - any advices welcome.

In every save from the first mission of Mare Nostrum (patrol CH76 and 73) I have CTD when Id like to load a game. Maybe traffic here is to big or something else? Tested 6x :wah: .

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2355041)
Hey Yoyo and Svedan...

Can you please try to trigger campaign ending with your last HT/CW savegame using this instructions...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=274:hmm2:

Good to know, I'll try it.

vdr1981 11-02-15 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoYo (Post 2355313)
Just for info, but for sure - any advices welcome.

In every save from the first mission of Mare Nostrum (patrol CH76 and 73) I have CTD when Id like to load a game. Maybe traffic here is to big or something else? Tested 6x :wah: .

Good to know, I'll try it.

General impression is that your game is rather unstable which is strange because I really cant remember when I saw CTD in my game during normal gameplay ...:hmm2: Have you recently add or remove some additional mods during your campaign?

Sounds like broken gamesave...Fin one that works and try to continue your campaign.

THEBERBSTER 11-02-15 05:07 PM

Hi Vecko

Uplay browser disabled.
Just to confirm that all missions in the first campaign changed from pending to finished apart from the last mission that I am currently playing.

75 manual saves completed, no problems.

Peter

vdr1981 11-02-15 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2355317)
Hi Vecko

Uplay browser disabled.

You mean, the patch that disables Uplay browser is disabled, right

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2355317)
Just to confirm that all missions in the first campaign changed from pending to finished apart from the last mission that I am currently playing.
75 manual saves completed, no problems.

Peter

Excellent, this means that when you reach 1/06/1940 you will be transferred to Happy times without any problems and need to do "sillentotto" workaround...:up:
Note that Mama's solution with TWoS is necessary only when expecting campaign transfer, on campaign ending. Before that date, you can load your gamesaves with or without setting OSI.exe priority, there will be no significant impact on campaign progress.
In the next patch I'm going to upload new Snapshot with with disabled Uplay browser patch. :yep:

THEBERBSTER 11-02-15 07:09 PM

Hi Vecko
Quote:

You mean, the patch that disables Uplay browser is disabled, right
Yes I mean't the patches.

Gamers who do not currently use TWOS but still have the tonnage bar but maybe updating their save games manually would they need to activate the osi in processes each time they load their game for the tonnage bar to work properly?

Peter