SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THE_MASK 08-01-15 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niwo (Post 2332918)
I know, but with silent hunter games you just have to deal with things like that. Its one of the very minor bugs these games have.

For example, major bugs are:
unable to save the game (after hours on patrol)
unable to load saved games (corrupted due to saving in the wrong area, coast, near ships etc. especially sh3)
crash to desktop
CO2 rising when surfaced
etc etc.

Think of it like you have to refit your ocular from time to time ;)

''unable to save the game (after hours on patrol)'''
I have played where I have had over 100 saves in a campaign .
''unable to load saved games (corrupted due to saving in the wrong area, coast, near ships etc. especially sh3)''
I get this occasionally if I muck around with mods during a campaign or when my computer card couldn't manage it .
''crash to desktop''
Only ever had a handful of ctds in SH5 in 5 years . Much more stable then SH3 imo .
''CO2 rising when surfaced''
I have never had CO2 rise except for the time I continued to stay submerged after the CO2 warning sign flashed .

fitzcarraldo 08-01-15 06:00 PM

Dear mates: I had a massive CTD with TWoS in Lorient starting a campaign - Drumbeat -via "silentotto" master key.

Some known issue in Lorient? I mean: ships etc. First ever CTD with TWoS. Not frustrated with it...

And a question: Is there some mod for change the background of the radio messages notepad? I see it and I think I'm on a nuke boomer. Too "laptopish" to me.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

vdr1981 08-01-15 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2333141)
Dear mates: I had a massive CTD with TWoS in Lorient starting a campaign - Drumbeat -via "silentotto" master key.

Some known issue in Lorient? I mean: ships etc. First ever CTD with TWoS. Not frustrated with it...

I've just started OD campaign and sailed out of Lorient without any problems...:hmmm:

Maybe you have forgot to save/reload the game in the bunker ?
Try to start OD campaign one more time but restart the game before that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2333141)

And a question: Is there some mod for change the background of the radio messages notepad? I see it and I think I'm on a nuke boomer. Too "laptopish" to me.

I know what you mean but I'm not aware of such mod...

fitzcarraldo 08-01-15 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2333156)
I've just started OD campaign and sailed out of Lorient without any problems...:hmmm:

Maybe you have forgot to save/reload the game in the bunker ?
Try to start OD campaign one more time but restart the game before that...

I know what you mean but I'm not aware of such mod...

1. I sailed out Lorient and few Kms. after the bunker I had the CTD. I save/reload game as instructed. Now I´m sailing North Atlantic (Happy Times), and no problem.

2. The MaGUI for SH5 has a radio message notebook similar to that in SH3. I will investigate if I could change it; if it is only graphics (cosmetics) or something more.

fitzcarraldo 08-01-15 09:47 PM

More questions...

If I install a Nozaurio´s skin for VIIB or VIIC (or other new skin): Is it needed renown for have it in the boat? I installed a Nozaurio VIIC via JSGME in TWoS. When I start campaign (Happy Times), I didn´t have the new skin in the boat (and no renown for upgrades, of course; I start via silentotto). Normal situation or another newbie ignorance?

All the best.

THEBERBSTER 08-02-15 06:00 AM

Hi fitz

Make sure you check the TWOS mod list in Post #1 before adding mods.
There is already a Nozaurio skin mod in TWOS it maybe similar in many ways to the one you have just added.

Peter

vdr1981 08-02-15 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2333168)
1. I sailed out Lorient and few Kms. after the bunker I had the CTD. I save/reload game as instructed. Now I´m sailing North Atlantic (Happy Times), and no problem.

So, on 2nd try you haven't experienced any CTD, correct?

vdr1981 08-02-15 08:11 AM

I've edited my recommendation for TC settings in the first post a bit...

This way TC will drop to 1 when crew/sensors detect something (regardless of if it is friendly, enemy or neutral unit) but only if TC is higher then x64(because of TC settings in TDW user options file)...This does not apply to enemy aircrafts though. TC will still drop to 1 anytime crew detect enemy plane... :˙ep:

All this means that TC will not constantly dropping to 1 if player wont to use some light TC during the convoy engagement.

Code:

TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=1,64
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=256
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=4
CharacterAnim=32
FriendDetected=512
EnemyDetected=512
RadioReport=512
Particles=32
PrayState=1
HunterState=1
3DRender=512
Maximum=512

fitzcarraldo 08-02-15 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2333252)
So, on 2nd try you haven't experienced any CTD, correct?

Correct, navigating now and no problems. Detected some ships but my objetive is the American coast (Drumbeat orders).

Many thanks!

fitzcarraldo 08-02-15 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2333239)
Hi fitz

Make sure you check the TWOS mod list in Post #1 before adding mods.
There is already a Nozaurio skin mod in TWOS it maybe similar in many ways to the one you have just added.

Peter

OK. I was thinking about the possibility to change the skin from start, without renown, as we can do in SH3 or SH4. It seems not (?).

All the best and thanks for the support.

vdr1981 08-02-15 04:51 PM

Patch 1 with a few tweaks for version 1.04 is now available in download section...Cheers :subsim:

fitzcarraldo 08-02-15 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2333391)
Patch 1 with a few tweaks for version 1.04 is now available in download section...Cheers :subsim:

Many thanks. Downloading now.

BTW, I add Nozaurio U 203 skin with emblems after all the mods and no problems.

Regards.

goodpoints 08-02-15 11:04 PM

Hi all,

I'm new to SH and SH5, though it's been sitting in my steam account for a while, but recently had a burst of sub interest. So far I'm really enjoying all the changes I've seen in Wolves of Steel, I do have a few questions though:

Is there a way to have the different time-dependent RealNav location reporting scripts transition automatically from one to the other? Or is manually stopping one and starting the next the only way?

When at decks awash I'm unable to use binoculars (mouse wheel), crew on deck watch officer commands, send radio messages, or use the Heading to View crew command. Is there a reason that these work at surface depth but not at decks awash?

When using the UZO, why am I unable to use the Follow Target crew command or the Identify Target weapons officer command? (I use the Wind & Smoke addon)

Is there some way I can adjust my heading by 1 degree increments? I noticed there is are entries in the TDW OptionsFileEditorViewer for a hotkey to increase/decrease heading/rudder (E and Q, respectively) without any modifier (shift, alt, etc.), but this seems to always conflict with a hotkey/default binding for opening charts (E) and something else that escapes me atm for Q.

Thanks in advance.

fitzcarraldo 08-03-15 05:38 AM

Question about sounds:

Is it possible to use Stormy's DBSM 1.3 mod?

I mean the complete mod not only the music.

Many thanks and regards.

THEBERBSTER 08-03-15 06:34 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > goodpoints :subsim:
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link. :salute:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community :yeah:
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning :)
Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos :ping:

You cannot use TDW's Generic File Patcher with the Steam download.
You need to use the work around found below.
Post #161 TDW’s Generic File Patcher Steam Installation Instructions By sirrawsrsalot

You can get a map fix at anytime by using the Dead Reckoning Icon from the Navigator.

Quote > When at decks awash I'm unable to use binoculars (mouse wheel), crew on deck watch officer commands, send radio messages, or use the Heading to View crew command. Is there a reason that these work at surface depth but not at decks awash?

Yes, because the temptation would be to use them all the time.

Quote > When using the UZO, why am I unable to use the Follow Target crew command or the Identify Target weapons officer command? (I use the Wind & Smoke addon)

Lock the target first with the space bar.
Identify the target.
Press the "'Gunners" 4th icon "Follow selected target" will turn yellow and lock in the middle of the target.

Quote >Is there some way I can adjust my heading by 1 degree increments?

Fixed with the latest TWOS Patch1

Hot keys can be set up for a number of operations by enabling them in TDW's Options File Editor Viewer.

Peter