SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Problems with end of the war (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=221968)

Ellu_llmatar_Juutilainen 09-18-15 09:17 PM

Problems with end of the war

I updated to widows 10, ( I have sh3 on steam) and when i tried to play, the game said the end of the war was 1943, and 44 and 45 were ''blank'' and wouldn't let me select anything, thanks for the help in advance.-illu :salute:

Aktungbby 09-18-15 11:13 PM

welcome aboard!

:Kaleun_Salute:Ellu_llmatar_Juutilainen!

raymond6751 09-19-15 05:32 AM

End of U-Boat war

After suffering huge sub losses in early 1943, Admiral Donitz recalled all boats. In effect, ending the Battle of the Atlantic. The subs were kept close, mostly, to Europe after that.

Congratulations on surviving so long!

UKönig 09-19-15 10:44 AM

I had a similar problem once.

It stopped my campaign after 12 patrols. Which, while historically accurate, is not much fun for a game. When I tried to load in base before mission 13, it said "the war is over!"
So I loaded patrol #12 again, and then saved outside the harbor and sailed to a different base and docked there. Then it gave me a new mission to sail back to my original base. Which I did. And then it allowed me to continue with patrol #14, as if nothing was wrong.
Never happened again, but if it does, then I have an idea of how to correct it.

Kapt Z 09-19-15 11:34 AM

Are we talking about starting a new career late war or a existing career that enters late war years?

I've never actually played a career that went past '42, but have started a few careers with SHCommander in '44 and '45 just to fart around in the harbor checking out the late war tech and turms. No problems at all even starting only a few weeks before the surrender.

I don't have Win10 and my version of SH3 is disk not Steam so I don't know if that is part of your issue.

HW3 09-19-15 02:09 PM

This problem has come up in years past but, I do not remember what the solution was. One thing for sure it is not related to Windows 10, it wasn't around back then.

Ellu_llmatar_Juutilainen 10-31-15 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kapt Z (Post 2345692)
Are we talking about starting a new career late war or a existing career that enters late war years?

I've never actually played a career that went past '42, but have started a few careers with SHCommander in '44 and '45 just to fart around in the harbor checking out the late war tech and turms. No problems at all even starting only a few weeks before the surrender.

I don't have Win10 and my version of SH3 is disk not Steam so I don't know if that is part of your issue.

well,my game says that '43 is the end of the war, I un-installed it and deleted all mods, etc, nothing helped. if ya can help at all it would be greatly appreciated.

GT182 11-01-15 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKönig (Post 2345689)
I had a similar problem once.

It stopped my campaign after 12 patrols. Which, while historically accurate, is not much fun for a game. When I tried to load in base before mission 13, it said "the war is over!"
So I loaded patrol #12 again, and then saved outside the harbor and sailed to a different base and docked there. Then it gave me a new mission to sail back to my original base. Which I did. And then it allowed me to continue with patrol #14, as if nothing was wrong.
Never happened again, but if it does, then I have an idea of how to correct it.

Help was right here by UKönig. Read the above again. That's probably the only way you'll be able to keep your career going.

Sailor Steve 11-01-15 07:57 AM

The stock game does not let you start a new career after 1943. The major supermods all fix that.