SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Apologies to France from Australia. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=250944)

troopie 11-01-21 07:44 AM

Apologies to France from Australia.

Just wanna let any French members know that the average Aussie is not impressed with the way our current government handled the scrapping of the sub deal.

:nope:

We do generally have a sense of honour and great respect for our friends, and we certainly consider France a great friend.

Our current government's failure to honestly consult the French regarding our changing strategic ambitions for our fleet was despicable, and notifying your government via text-message after the fact is an astonishingly gutless act that does not reflect the average Aussie's values.

I can't do much about the political events that have occurred, but hopefully you can understand that 'anyone' can be elected, and they wont necessarily be a typical citizen.

I hope you don't hold it against all of us.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Aktungbby 11-01-21 10:41 AM

Welcome back!

troopie!:Kaleun_Salute: after a long silent run.

Exocet25fr 11-01-21 06:25 PM

Hi Troopie :)

Thanks a lot for your support message !:03:

Of course, each one do generally have a sense of honour and great respect for our friends, it's the case for all people of the free world, the pain is our corrupted governements ONLY, not the people....!:03:

Amitiés de France !:salute:

troopie 11-03-21 06:19 AM

Thanks Aktungbby. I ditched Windows and steam and have since discovered Flightsims :), so more than just a little quiet here. All these new WWII subsims are looking really promising though. Hopefully one of them ends up providing an independent dowload.
It's fantastic to see we are not at UBI's mercy any more. Neal's project looks to have come along in leaps and bound too. Great to see.

Exocet25fr. Thankyou. I'm heartened to see that you understand. Today our current 'leader' refused to apologise. :nope: I am now even more stunned. I apologise again in his stead. It's a shame I have do that. This is really unbelievable. I am terribly embarrassed.

Mat. Great vid, I hadn't seen that before. But let's not turn this into a political partisanship discussion, or character assassination though. There is a politics thread for that. Let's keep this as a place for people that are affronted by our governments treatment of France to have a place to share their apologies.

Cybermat47 11-03-21 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troopie (Post 2776965)
Mat. Great vid, I hadn't seen that before. But let's not turn this into a political partisanship discussion, or character assassination though. There is a politics thread for that. Let's keep this as a place for people that are affronted by our governments treatment of France to have a place to share their apologies.

Fair enough, my apologies to you. It’s just been a somewhat personal matter for me ever since I fought those fires.