SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] S3D - Silent 3ditor (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571)

Hitman 11-28-07 03:56 AM

:o :D :up:

drool ... droool .... drooool ...... DROOOL!!!!

VonDos 11-28-07 04:16 AM

wow!

:o :o :o

:rock: :rock:

swdw 11-28-07 09:57 AM

Many thanks for everything you've done so far. Being a newbie, I'd be less than half as productive w/o S3D. As it develops it seems you'll see even more cool stuff coming out from various modders. It'll also encourage some very creative people that would be intimidated by hex editors and tweak files to take the plunge.

All around an invaluable tool.

BTW, seeing the 3D model reminded me of the feature request I was going to bring up.

Can you give S3D the ability to show
1 the center of gravity?
2 a graphical representation of the zones?

It would be nice if you could see a wireframe view of the zones overlaying the model. Then use a tree view of the zones in a window that would place a new zone as its created , and highlight a selected the zone and allow you to modify it and see things like repositioning, resizing, etc. That would make it much easier to add new models to the game too.

We had a tool like this for the open plane engine that allowed you to see the 3D model of the aircraft, and overlayed the hit boxes, the physics boxes and positioned the aircrafts CoG at the 0,0,0 coordinates os you could see the changes as you made them. Once that tool was relesaed, there was an explosion of additional aircraft, new terrains, and ground objects added by users (ove 50+ aircraft in 15 months).

Anyway, I hope this description makes sense. And thanks again for all the hard work you're doing.

skwasjer 11-28-07 10:53 AM

1. I'm sure this is possible, but I need to know where I can find this info and any related formulas. I'm not really into the game data/variables/formulas itself. If it's just a single vector, then that would be easy enough.
2. Yes, a zones editor is planned (you're not the first to ask :)).

First basic model support though ;)

nautilus42 11-28-07 12:17 PM

Clone Funktion?

how about to clone Units with your very fine Tool? I like it very much.

skwasjer 11-28-07 01:40 PM

Cloning is already in the upcoming release :up:

nautilus42 11-28-07 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwasjer
Cloning is already in the upcoming release :up:

I`m your greatest Fan:up: Five big stars for your great Tool *****

11-30-07 02:29 AM

Skwasjer, I just wanted to say a big thank you for this great mod tool. This is like heaven using your tool compared to Mini Tweaker. So easy and quick. No more tweak files! You are a god. :up:

swdw 11-30-07 02:57 AM

Quote:

1. I'm sure this is possible, but I need to know where I can find this info and any related formulas. I'm not really into the game data/variables/formulas itself. If it's just a single vector, then that would be easy enough.
2. Yes, a zones editor is planned (you're not the first to ask :)).

First basic model support though ;)

Yeah, I'm very happy with one step at a time. Things seem to be more solid that way.

As for the rest, you da man . . .you da man . . .you da man . . .
:up: :|\\ :()1:

Thank you again for everything you've done so far. In my book you're a genius :know:

kapitan_zur_see 12-01-07 09:02 PM

Quote:

For the 'drool' factor. Modelsupport (import/export/view) as you all know won't be in v0.5 public unfortunately. But I just couldn't resist tickling those that are waiting for it:rotfl: :arrgh!:

http://sh4.skwas.net/temp/s3d_sneak_models.jpg

Ok, back to work on the release version :88)

ARGGHHHH :dead::dead::dead:
Damn, i could gladly do with an obscure almost unuseable completely user-unfriendly version of the 3d part if that could allow me to make the textures not glitches with even lots of pain and 5 to 6 aspirins and teaming up with a messy pack3D as a side tool lol

keep up the good work!! :up::up::up:

skwasjer 12-01-07 09:29 PM

:rotfl:

Evil huh? :88)

kapitan_zur_see 12-01-07 10:26 PM

Quote:

:rotfl:

Evil huh? :88)

you bet :yep: ;)

tater 12-01-07 10:47 PM

The 3d part would make something I'm working on right now so very much easier...

Can't wait for it :D

tater

DeepIron 12-02-07 12:44 AM

Quote:

The 3d part would make something I'm working on right now so very much easier...
Oh yeah.... :up:

kapitan_zur_see 12-02-07 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepIron
Quote:

Oh yeah.... :up:

I Second that also!! :hmm:
Come on skwas! there are priorities... :smug: Focus on that 3d part eheh, that's the very next step if we want breakthrough new mods! we're rather at a stand still now waiting for new tools...

What??
Who said i wasn't completely disinterested saying that?!? :stare:
me, not objective???
:know:

tater 12-02-07 01:00 PM

Will any of the versions in the pipes deal with stuff like this:

EventLaunchDepthCharge
-Properties

ShellCounter
-Properties

Right now they are black boxes.

tater

skwasjer 12-02-07 06:05 PM

tater, they are controllers with no actual data/managable properties. Such a controller tells the engine of the behavior of the object (node) it is linked to, nothing more. Basically it's sort of a state flag...

There's quite a few other controllers that are the same, no data. I don't specifically know what they mean/control though - simply because well, I don't mod :smug:. I'm sure others know...

[edit] There are other controllers that are unknown in the current S3D though. The only controllers that will remain uneditable in the next S3D are the ones that have animation (3d or speech) data...

loreed 12-02-07 09:21 PM

installation problem

Has anyone seen this problem:

"This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic".
I did a search for this error message and what I found was way, way above my pay grade so I was hoping that someone here knows what this means and more importantly, how to fix it.

Thanks

Update: it was one of those Vista mysteries. I still don't know exactly why it finally installed but it did. Even though the install was stopped by Vista, all the files were extracted to the skwas directory. after much proding and poking in the security and admin tolls area, I clicked on the executiable in the skwas subdirectory and it ran and installed the program without a hitch.

Great program by the way, now that I have it running I don't know how I lasted this long without it.

UBOAT234 12-03-07 12:22 PM

There will be a version with import export, or is something impossible? ;)

tater 12-03-07 01:08 PM

Import/export for non 3d stuff is already possible, I use it all the time.

The ability to grab a "chunk" of stuff to do it with would be very cool (say a parent node, and all the nodes below that use its ID as their Parent ID (along with any daughters there, as well).