SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] S3D - Silent 3ditor (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571)

g_BonE 10-13-07 08:55 AM

well if you feel like letting a beta-tester home in on the stuff give me aline. if not just take your time ! keep it up !

skwasjer 10-16-07 09:00 AM

I've worked through my final todo's and will be finetuning the release/updating the setup package soon. I will be running my test scripts tonight and if all is well (iow no major issues found), it will be ready for beta-release.

I am now looking for a select group of modders for the pre-beta release for some 7-14 days (depending on what they find), because so much has changed, and I would like it to be as stable as possible before the major public gets it.
This means I need some of you to have a real good look at this release, and give me feedback on it.

This does NOT mean telling me about new features, I need people to really test the tool, the UI, and the data it produces (in game) to verify if it works as it should. Testing means also redoing old work (for verification purposes, you know what the result should be already in such cases, so you can tell if S3D does it right). I'm not looking for modders to use this pre-beta to create new mods, ok?

Until the test period is over, I will take a break on further development and will support the testers while they are testing. After this, I will take some more time to fix whatever critical things are found.

If you are interested in doing this for the next few days please post here. Please state which OS and OS language you are using, and if it's 32/64 bit, so I can also make sure a variety of platforms is being tested.

Please note that I handpick from everyone that signs up for this, so if you don't get a pre-beta copy, accept it and wait for public beta. I want to keep the pre-beta group small, so if I get alot of response I've got no choice but to do it this way...

Once I've picked the testers I will post their names here and will ask everyone to send me an e-mail so I can send them a copy.

Thank you...

[edit] If you've offered to beta-test before I appreciate it but I won't be searching back up through this thread. So, do it again, now is the time!

l3th4l 10-16-07 09:54 AM

i'll probably have some time on my hands in the next few days as i've settled in and studiying is paced slowly right now. I think i'm gonna re-do some of the particle effects and see where that leads... reporting anything i'll find along the way, of course :)

I'm using vista 64 in english atm.

g_BonE 10-16-07 03:19 PM

well... im using a german xp sp2 and have the next 3 days off. one of the things i wanted to do is compare the submarine .sim files and make a mod for personal purposes. might aswell check out the torpedo, dephtcharge and guns sim-files... drop me a line if your willing to submit to (if language barrier=true then (limited(true))) testing results...

leovampire 10-16-07 04:03 PM

I will help you out testing skwasjer

But before you say yes or no to it does S3D in this test phase touch new files in the game or still the same type only?

But it might be hard to find people not willing to make new mod's with it as I am sure most are hard at it right now.

I will do what I can to test it for you though in way's you ask but can not guarantee that it will not be work released once I have tested it in game to make sure all is well.

I know what results I should see from adjustments I make.

tater 10-16-07 04:08 PM

I'd help, but I feel I lack the ability to check the files vs files changed using traditional methods, so I might miss something.

I'm better for the "beat it up on the job" type of testing :)

tater

skwasjer 10-16-07 10:33 PM

The only new file type this release supports is Sdl. I've tested this already myself, and it works perfectly. There's only one file so that was easy enough. The problem is with the other file types. With over 2000 stock files I simply can't test them all, not even using test scripts...

It's not really a problem to use it on mods 'in progress', but my problem is, I need verification. If you only work on new things, and it appears stuff don't work as expected, you may conclude that the S3D-beta fails, or that the changes you made are faulty. To avoid this, I have to be sure you (or me) can verify it by other means.

If anyone feels the current public alpha worked fine for a (small) mod they made, you should recreate it from scratch it using the next release. You can then compare the two versions in game, and send the files to me for a more exact (binary) comparison. It shouldn't be that much work the 2nd time around, and then the verification is there.

leovampire 10-16-07 11:02 PM

A good test for me would be the lightning work

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwasjer
The only new file type this release supports is Sdl. I've tested this already myself, and it works perfectly. There's only one file so that was easy enough. The problem is with the other file types. With over 2000 stock files I simply can't test them all, not even using test scripts...

It's not really a problem to use it on mods 'in progress', but my problem is, I need verification. If you only work on new things, and it appears stuff don't work as expected, you may conclude that the S3D-beta fails, or that the changes you made are faulty. To avoid this, I have to be sure you (or me) can verify it by other means.

If anyone feels the current public alpha worked fine for a (small) mod they made, you should recreate it from scratch it using the next release. You can then compare the two versions in game, and send the files to me for a more exact (binary) comparison. It shouldn't be that much work the 2nd time around, and then the verification is there.

Seeing it deal's with 2 differn't file types and a few hundred nodes and I know exactly how it should work and act that would be my best test work to start from scratch and see how it does.

skwasjer 10-17-07 08:52 PM

I ran into a few minor issues using my test scripts which needs fixing first. Nothing big, but takes a few more hours time. Tomorrow (fri) I don't have any time though, so I will release this weekend... Thanks for your patience :)

leovampire 10-17-07 08:55 PM

no problem buddy take your time

Quote:

I ran into a few minor issues using my test scripts which needs fixing first. Nothing big, but takes a few more hours time. Tomorrow (fri) I don't have any time though, so I will release this weekend... Thanks for your patience :)

I am sure no one is going any where any time soon LOL!!! What your doing is complicated and hard so slow down's and problems happen and are understood.

UBOAT234 10-18-07 01:43 PM

I can test it with .dat, .sim, and zon file ecc. ... Of unit ship.
With guns .dat file and others. All format image and conversion.
I don't have experience with particle system.
Some things work in hex and little work with c++.

My PC Systems are 3:
W XP 32 and 64. W Vista all version.
All are in Italian language.
If I may be of help. I am here :up:

Ducimus 10-22-07 12:30 PM

Ive finally gotten around to checking this program out (old crumudgeon with TT's tweaker who's too stubborn to check out this "new fangled stuff").. and i just have to say.....

This program is ....
AWESOME!

WilhelmTell 10-22-07 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducimus
Ive finally gotten around to checking this program out (old crumudgeon with TT's tweaker who's too stubborn to check out this "new fangled stuff").. and i just have to say.....

This program is ....
AWESOME!

:D
And it's so much easier to handle. Hopefully the new version arrives soon. (No, don't rush, Skwasjer:) )

Anti_Ship_Fella 10-23-07 02:06 PM

can anyone post the DIRECT link to the net. framework version to install for S3D

skwasjer 10-23-07 02:16 PM

Quote:

This program is ....
AWESOME!

:D :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anti_Ship_Fella
can anyone post the DIRECT link to the net. framework version to install for S3D

See my first post.

On the progress, some real life issues got me occupied again.

I'll make christmas!!! (I hope :rotfl: )

leovampire 10-23-07 02:31 PM

NDB we will wait of course LOL

Quote:

Quote:

This program is ....
AWESOME!

:D :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anti_Ship_Fella

See my first post.

On the progress, some real life issues got me occupied again.

I'll make christmas!!! (I hope :rotfl: )

Seeing we have no choice :rotfl: Don't worry about it!

UBOAT234 10-27-07 12:24 PM

Bump!
Some News?

l3th4l 10-27-07 02:32 PM

some update would be cool. did you get the test version out, yet? unforseen problems? i'd love to help if i can :)

skwasjer 10-27-07 03:33 PM

I'm sorry, next to the usual busy schedule, my father was hospitalized over a week ago for heartproblems. I haven't touched S3D since then :/

He's doing a bit better now though, and is back home. I'm really sorry for the delays every time. I wish I could release the current version, because there's so many improvements to enjoy. Hope it will be soon :damn:

tater 10-27-07 04:01 PM

Best wishes for his speedy recovery!

tater