SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Texas Red 09-19-20 08:19 AM

Will we be getting an update soon, hopefully?

Its been awfully quiet here, I hope that this mod is not dead!

vdr1981 09-19-20 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the beast (Post 2696257)
Will we be getting an update soon, hopefully?

Its been awfully quiet here, I hope that this mod is not dead!

If we hunt in silence it doesn't mean that the mod is "dead". :) It's "Silent" Hunter after all! :):salute::salute:

kapuhy 09-19-20 01:42 PM

Something that I noticed during multiple recent museum-scrollings through all units - there are a bunch of ships/planes "played" in game by another unit, which do not show normally in museum - like B-18 Bolo, Hudson, Ventura ("played" by Sunderland) and SC-497 Subchaser "played" by Armed Trawler.

Are the above units included in campaign files (I don't mean actual modeled units but these "invisible in museum clones")? So, if someone was to, say, import or model SC-497 or Bolo :oops:, would it just be simple matter of replacing clone with new unit?

vdr1981 09-19-20 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2696311)
Something that I noticed during multiple recent museum-scrollings through all units - there are a bunch of ships/planes "played" in game by another unit, which do not show normally in museum - like B-18 Bolo, Hudson, Ventura ("played" by Sunderland) and SC-497 Subchaser "played" by Armed Trawler.

Yes, those are clones. SH5 still have good number of those "proximity" air/sea units.

Quote:

Are the above units included in campaign files (I don't mean actual modeled units but these "invisible in museum clones")? So, if someone was to, say, import or model SC-497 or Bolo :oops:, would it just be simple matter of replacing clone with new unit?
Yes, we could just replace the unit and enable it in the museum...:yep:

Texas Red 09-19-20 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2696277)
If we hunt in silence it doesn't mean that the mod is "dead". :) It's "Silent" Hunter after all! :):salute::salute:

:haha::up:

Keep us posted on the updates!

kapuhy 09-20-20 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2696325)
Yes, we could just replace the unit and enable it in the museum...:yep:

Good to know :03:

By the way, did you have any problems whatsoever with PB4Y Privateer? I noticed that while stock models are rather consistently within 3-4 k. polys for single engined and 5-6 k. for bombers, imported models polycount varies wildly, biggest outlier being PB4Y with 160671 polys (or about as much as 27 Sunderlands). I was wondering if this caused any issues for game engine?

vdr1981 09-21-20 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2696486)
Good to know :03:

By the way, did you have any problems whatsoever with PB4Y Privateer? I noticed that while stock models are rather consistently within 3-4 k. polys for single engined and 5-6 k. for bombers, imported models polycount varies wildly, biggest outlier being PB4Y with 160671 polys (or about as much as 27 Sunderlands). I was wondering if this caused any issues for game engine?

Maybe some little game lag when unit is loaded but nothing significant...:hmmm:

kapuhy 09-22-20 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2696673)
Maybe some little game lag when unit is loaded but nothing significant...:hmmm:

Good :) I won't have to be so stingy with polys then.

adrians69 09-22-20 05:16 AM

Loving the latest edition of the mod, the new wooden lifeboats look awesome!!

Blackhorse11ACR2003 09-23-20 12:10 PM

The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod Installation Question

I am looking to purchase SH5 and from what it looks, do I just need the JGSSME installation in order to download and install this megamod? Or should it be copied to a different directory?:Kaleun_Salute:

kapuhy 09-23-20 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhorse11ACR2003 (Post 2696964)
I am looking to purchase SH5 and from what it looks, do I just need the JGSSME installation in order to download and install this megamod? Or should it be copied to a different directory?:Kaleun_Salute:

You can download a detailed installation instruction here.

fitzcarraldo 09-23-20 06:26 PM

Quote:

The mod has an autoinstaller. It's easy. Install SH5 v1 2. Then start the game and exit. Run the installer of TWoS. Read the installation instructions.

JSGME is installed during the installation of TWoS, for optional mods.

Good luck!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

tonschk 09-24-20 11:44 AM

Quote:

Do not install SH5 1.2.0 with in "Program Files (x86)" in your "Drive C", if I understood properly it is necessary to install SH5 1.2.0 in a separate folder in which you have removed the write protection of such folder to enable TWoS to work

flokost 09-27-20 03:48 PM

Hello sailors!

After a long break from action in SH3-GWX, I am considering this fine looking mega mod for my rusty SH5 boat.

One of the SH3-GWX features that I would really love to see also with this mod, is the sense of travelling in the open sea, the way the boat rolls and pitches over the waves and water splashes over the bridge.

Can someone share a video with the SH5 sub in the open rough sea with TWoS mod applied ?

Aktungbby 09-27-20 04:00 PM

Welcome aboard!

flokost!:Kaleun_Salute: