SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Cyborg322 11-02-17 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2522981)
Optional will be then...:up:

I'm also preparing one more optional mod which will allow temporally neutral nations to use only illuminated ships until they join allied or axis coalition.

Really good idea most welcome


Smoke as an option ok too. Would be interested to see how it looked in game, from the screenshots it looks a little over the top in volume and density, it would be a bonus if it was configurable.

"Still" Screenshots can be a little deceiving tho .

Simon
:subsim:WOLVES OF STEEL MEGAMOD

SS Norholm 11-03-17 04:52 AM

Yup, options are good! This mod just keeps getting better and better! o7

gambla 11-03-17 07:08 AM

hello guys,
ran into an issue last night. It was night time, good weather, calm seas, nearly perfect visibility but I still was unable to lock two ships neither in attack periscope nor UZO. I tried many times, even reloaded a save game. Surfaced, I was able to lock through binos, no problem. Not sure if bug or intended gameplay, I dont see any realistic point in not being able to lock the target ships ? Previously, locking targets worked perfectly fine.

vdr1981 11-03-17 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gambla (Post 2523144)
hello guys,
ran into an issue last night. It was night time, good weather, calm seas, nearly perfect visibility but I still was unable to lock two ships neither in attack periscope nor UZO. I tried many times, even reloaded a save game. Surfaced, I was able to lock through binos, no problem. Not sure if bug or intended gameplay, I dont see any realistic point in not being able to lock the target ships ? Previously, locking targets worked perfectly fine.

Reduce distance to target, command "Battle stations"...

And guys (for who knows which time), please include at least a screenshot of your JSGME or exported modlist in your "I have a problem" posts...

ghickey 11-03-17 06:09 PM

Sunrise / Sunset times
 
It's October 14th 1939, and my sunrise and sunset times are 2 hours off of what they should be.

The sunrises, in game, at 10:42 and sets at 20:13 in Iverness area in Scottland. The farmers almanac says it's supposed to be 7:44 and 6:21pm. So 3 hours off....I've noticed the issue before and wondering how to fix.

loukylouk 11-03-17 07:13 PM

Regarding the Enigma machine
 
Just a quick question. I have spent the required time in my patrol area and have not received any follow up orders from BDU. I have received the crew skill point and the yellow flashing symbol however. I was just curious if there was something I could do to trigger them sending me my new orders.

This has happened to me once before but i was submerged.


Thanks guys

Shane.

vdr1981 11-03-17 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loukylouk (Post 2523286)
Just a quick question. I have spent the required time in my patrol area and have not received any follow up orders from BDU. I have received the crew skill point and the yellow flashing symbol however. I was just curious if there was something I could do to trigger them sending me my new orders.

This has happened to me once before but i was submerged.


Thanks guys

Shane.

Check your Captains log. The message from BdU should be there...

loukylouk 11-03-17 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2523296)
Check your Captains log. The message from BdU should be there...


Thank you sir, I'll do that now.

vdr1981 11-04-17 08:31 AM

Preparing The Wolves of Steel v2.0.9e for this evening or tomorrow afternoon...:salute:



v2.0.9e changelog:
- New warships type: Gorizia Heavy Cruiser, Italian
- New warships type: London Heavy Cruiser, British
- New warships type: Bourrasque Destroyer, France
- Distance between units/ships in large convoys generally reduced by 100m approximately.
- Improved appearance of RAOBF colored graticules, more precise markings and cleaner look.
- Fixed misplaced traffic in few axis ports.
- Temporally neutral nations will from now utilize both darkened and illuminated merchant vessels. Once joined one of the opposed coalitions, the nation will use darkened ships only (except American illuminated coastal traffic which appearance has been extended to early 1942 in order to simulate conditions encountered by U-boat captains on eastern American coast during the opening stages of "2nd Happy Times" and Operation "Drumbeat").
- Added support for ultra wide triple screen (21:9) in game/display resolutions.
- Added support for two new optional TWoS 2.x.x addons (Harbors Chimney Smoke and Neutrals Exclusively Illuminated until [Date])
- AM1544 to AN1544, patrol grid fix.
- Museum.cfg, hidden few new duplicated ship variations.
- TWoS crew finally crew beard (except Beno of course, he still doesn't have it). Added Kevinsue's Bearded Crew TWoS addon permanently.
- Japanese warships museum and campaign CTD fix (*Ship.cfg, MaxSpeed).
- Various file, nations roster and campaign layers fixes and fine tuning tweaks.
- Updated TWoS credits page. Latest outstanding TWoS supporter/donor: Thomas "excel4004" Pentenrieder - Thank You very much Captain!

Muckenberg 11-04-17 09:46 AM

:Kaleun_Applaud::Kaleun_Thumbs_Up::Kaleun_Salute:

Xall 11-04-17 10:26 AM

Beards! Yes!!!!!
A must : D

fitzcarraldo 11-04-17 10:39 AM

Great! A lot of improvement! Many thanks! :Kaleun_Cheers::Kaleun_Cheers:

Wonder if my campaign savegame will work with the new update: the distance between ships could affect the saves....mjmmmm....

PM for you, Vecko.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

SS Norholm 11-04-17 11:11 AM

Good timing Vecko!
Just returned to port again.

Thanks very much.

:Kaleun_Salute:

SS Norholm 11-04-17 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2522410)
Hi John
Post #64 Open Horizons II > Campaign Dates > Bases > U-Boats
It will show on going until the date is passed when it will then change to finished.
Peter

Hey Pete, as we discussed, I can confirm now that 'Strategic Supplies' does indeed start on 1/1/41. And not 1/11/40.

Just finished my patrol and saved. Date is now 2/1/41 (January 2nd) and 'Strategic Supplies' has popped and is now available.

Cheers bud. :Kaleun_Cheers:

excel4004 11-04-17 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Norholm (Post 2523405)
Hey Pete, as we discussed, I can confirm now that 'Strategic Supplies' does indeed start on 1/1/41. And not 1/11/40.

Just finished my patrol and saved. Date is now 2/1/40 (January 2nd) and 'Strategic Supplies' has popped and is now available.

Cheers bud. :Kaleun_Cheers:

So whats the mistake now in your answer!? When its available? Popped up and available at 1940 or confirmed and starts at 1941?? :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.