SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Faamecanic 06-27-17 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2495576)
Yes, equipment names names are in German but detailed descriptions bellow are still in English...:yep:

Thanks vdr! and THANKS for all your work (and other modders that have contributed).... :Kaleun_Salute:

Skvid 06-28-17 08:35 AM

Does this pack comes with options file editor? I can't seem to find it in games files

vdr1981 06-28-17 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skvid (Post 2495683)
Does this pack comes with options file editor? I can't seem to find it in games files

Check TWoS documentation folder for "how to use" OFEV instructions.
OFEV desktop shortcut should also be automatically created on first mod extraction...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skvid (Post 2495249)
Which is a pain when i need to maneuver through shallow straits (ie around denmark) because i need to constantly eyeball the shores.

I cant even get the XO dialogue (space) in the middle of the night to enter mast height into tdc, even though im likely less than 2km from target

You do understand that real navigation is completely optional feature ?

Use Battle stations when you expect contact(s) (smartly of course) to increase "awareness" of your watch crew and other stations...

Faamecanic 06-28-17 07:26 PM

Ok so a quick question... and please don't make me walk the plank for this:

I have very limited time for play sessions (between work , kids , wife)... I know way back in the day I found a way to re-enable contact tails... can some kind soul help me do this. I need my training wheels back :D and for now I don't have the time to use Real navigation and full manual TDC.

Barring getting tails (it doesn't take much to figure out course and bearing)..... I thought I had everything set right to NOT have to do the manual TDC, but it seems like maybe I don't. I can seem to hit the broad side of a barn. What settings do I need to make sure and set to turn off Manual TDC?

Maybe this holiday season (when I have 3 weeks off from work) I will hone my skills and take the training wheels off. I have tried a search for the last 40 min and cannot find an answer.

Thanks in advance all.

Faamecanic 06-28-17 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2486386)

And how do I get these dials? I for the life of me cant figure out how to set my depth!! Very bad when I made two polish DD's mad at me (with horribly missed torpedo shots) and all I have is crash dive in 60M of water..lol

vdr1981 06-29-17 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faamecanic (Post 2495862)

Barring getting tails (it doesn't take much to figure out course and bearing)...

Adding back contact tails is possible but I cant remember right now which files are responsible for this feature...:hmmm: Cant right now but I'll take a look as soon as I find some spare time...

Quote:

And how do I get these dials?
Just switch to SH3 UI style with Options File Editor Viever (check FAQ and documentation folder for "How to use" instructions)...

Skvid 06-29-17 02:54 AM

Faamecanic - Hold shift to access different types of gauges, F1 shows the keybinds.
To get the gauges you asked in your post you would need to edit some options: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2521

Mainly in dials tab change values from 200 to 400.

Now, does anyone know how to change TDC dials to be bigger, or from SH4 or SH3?

THEBERBSTER 06-29-17 05:01 AM

Hi Faamecanic
Might help a bit until Vecko sorts it out.
Map Contact Colors (Red-Blue-Green) Mod Replaces The Grey Color Ones Used In Mega Mods > Enable JSGME
Peter

Faamecanic 06-29-17 07:02 AM

Thanks all. And thanks VDR ... no rush as I can figure bearing out, but as a person with training wheels I wouldn't mind having that back for a few patrols.

Last question, I have spotted and reported the Polish fleet in the first patrol mission. I am at periscope depth and have fired two torps....

I THINK I have easy mode non manual TDC on as my XO options only say "Turn auto tdc off". So I fire two eels and it seems like they are NOT on auto tdc. Are there any settings I may be missing?

fitzcarraldo 06-29-17 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faamecanic (Post 2495973)
Thanks all. And thanks VDR ... no rush as I can figure bearing out, but as a person with training wheels I wouldn't mind having that back for a few patrols.

Last question, I have spotted and reported the Polish fleet in the first patrol mission. I am at periscope depth and have fired two torps....

I THINK I have easy mode non manual TDC on as my XO options only say "Turn auto tdc off". So I fire two eels and it seems like they are NOT on auto tdc. Are there any settings I may be missing?

Do you unmark "manual targeting" in the general options when in Bunker, before patrol? I suppose yes.

You can mark your target with space key and block the visuals with "X" key. In early war, there are many failures with eels. Autotargeting donīt means in TWoS "secure torpedo impact".

In my early times with TWoS, I use autotargeting, and there were a lot of missing/prematures.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 06-29-17 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2495980)
Autotargeting donīt means in TWoS "secure torpedo impact".

Exactly...:yep:

Faamecanic 06-29-17 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2495980)
Do you unmark "manual targeting" in the general options when in Bunker, before patrol? I suppose yes.

You can mark your target with space key and block the visuals with "X" key. In early war, there are many failures with eels. Autotargeting donīt means in TWoS "secure torpedo impact".

In my early times with TWoS, I use autotargeting, and there were a lot of missing/prematures.

Best regards.

I hit spacebar and X. The target is like 1000m away, with a bearing 350 to my sub (almost dead ahead). I shoot my eel and it acts like it just goes straight...at bearing 0 missing the target.

I'll have to double check that "Manual Targeting" is checked off.... I think it is....but will have to check.

vdr1981 06-29-17 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faamecanic (Post 2496048)
I hit spacebar and X. The target is like 1000m away, with a bearing 350 to my sub (almost dead ahead). I shoot my eel and it acts like it just goes straight...at bearing 0 missing the target.

I'll have to double check that "Manual Targeting" is checked off.... I think it is....but will have to check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgbzTzg1k0w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWbRum4NwKs

:salute:

Faamecanic 06-29-17 08:01 PM

If you were a fine dame vdr....I would give you a big kiss. but for now a

:Kaleun_Salute:

Will have to do :up:

Skvid 06-30-17 05:21 AM

Weather seems to keep getting stuck, conditions dont change until i reload the game, which randomizes the weather.

A couple of changes in wind speed and direction happen at the start, but after that it just stays absolutely the same for days...

Also, ships at longer distances appear to be sinking, sometimes only funnels are visible, is this how game simulates curvature of the earth? Because it doesnt really add up. I.e I can see the sandy beaches of a coast behind the ship that is half sunken, or if im in the open sea, the horizon line is a bit higher than the ship (or more like a funnel sticking out of the water)

Any idea what might be causing it? I didn't install any other mods.