SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Captain_AJ 06-17-14 09:54 PM

never mind got it LOL

Lastman 06-18-14 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2217080)
Nothing is wrong here, it's just your angle measurement, it's not 100% accurate (and never will be) . Also target is pretty far away...

Here what will happen when target is just a little bit closer...
http://s17.postimg.org/vwm6gsmlr/SH5...7_09_23_47.jpg

little question.... How do you have a so clear e smooth ship in from yours periscope?
when I look a ship it looks all pixelated, especially the thin parts such as mast and ropes

vdr1981 06-18-14 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lastman (Post 2217368)
little question.... How do you have a so clear e smooth ship in from yours periscope?
when I look a ship it looks all pixelated, especially the thin parts such as mast and ropes

I don't know...Antialiasing maybe?:hmmm:

Captain_AJ 06-18-14 03:15 PM

Question Again

2 questions here for ya .. I am currently on patrol in the med I see that was release of patch 4 . should I wait till I port ? also within the mod accurate german flags are installed , but I dont see the flag on my boat . anything that I need to do ?

thanks VAD :yeah:

vdr1981 06-18-14 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimuraijn (Post 2217490)
2 questions here for ya .. I am currently on patrol in the med I see that was release of patch 4 . should I wait till I port ?

I think it's better to wait until you reach the port...
Quote:

Originally Posted by kimuraijn (Post 2217490)
also within the mod accurate german flags are installed , but I dont see the flag on my boat . anything that I need to do ?

thanks VAD :yeah:

This is not "sub flags mod", this one only adds swastika to the game...Unfortunately, sub flag mod in combination with this modlist will always result in CTD...

mattius 06-19-14 06:47 AM

One a couple of little question to save me much reading:-

1.What advantages does this MOD have over Sobers Mods, if any?

2. I have a pretty powerful PC & get 60fps at all times. Are there any options/Mods to get the Graphics better than those realized in The Wolves Of Steel Mod?

Many Thanks,
:hmmm:

Captain_AJ 06-19-14 06:56 AM

VDR Said .. This is not "sub flags mod", this one only adds swastika to the game...Unfortunately, sub flag mod in combination with this modlist will always result in CTD...

Thanks for the reply .. Question again . I wanted to make the hydro sound more clearly as it appears to be sporadic in holding sound on a contact , or listening for that manner . I went to the Options Py file under "fix broken Hydro sounds . I checked and all options as true and than went back to the game , when I tried to go back to the hydro station I would get a CTD as soon as I clicked that station . The question is. did you as a author of your mod decide to make contacts behave like this at the hydro station ? I went to the ioptions editor and set the hydro back too what it was before . CTd did not happen after that . What was the idea behind this concerning the hydro station ? I do not know what historical evdiance that would make this more realistic .. I can live with it I always have played at 100%

Thanks VDR

vdr1981 06-19-14 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimuraijn (Post 2217628)
VDR Said .. This is not "sub flags mod", this one only adds swastika to the game...Unfortunately, sub flag mod in combination with this modlist will always result in CTD...

Thanks for the reply .. Question again . I wanted to make the hydro sound more clearly as it appears to be sporadic in holding sound on a contact , or listening for that manner . I went to the Options Py file under "fix broken Hydro sounds . I checked and all options as true and than went back to the game , when I tried to go back to the hydro station I would get a CTD as soon as I clicked that station . The question is. did you as a author of your mod decide to make contacts behave like this at the hydro station ? I went to the ioptions editor and set the hydro back too what it was before . CTd did not happen after that . What was the idea behind this concerning the hydro station ? I do not know what historical evdiance that would make this more realistic .. I can live with it I always have played at 100%

Thanks VDR

This must be due to "realistic hydrophones" optional mod...If you like, you can remove it and continue your campaign...You can also check this thread...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=208473heck

vdr1981 06-19-14 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattius (Post 2217627)
1.What advantages does this MOD have over Sobers Mods, if any?

2. I have a pretty powerful PC & get 60fps at all times. Are there any options/Mods to get the Graphics better than those realized in The Wolves Of Steel Mod?

Many Thanks,
:hmmm:

Well, the main advantage is obvious...This is single file download (almost) while Sober's maintaining classical modlist. This is also the biggest disadvantage too, because of limited customization options.

Regarding graphics, not much really. Maybe you could try some Sober's lights mod or realistic contrast...

Captain_AJ 06-19-14 02:24 PM

Understand better

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2217646)
This must be due to "realistic hydrophones" optional mod...If you like, you can remove it and continue your campaign...You can also check this thread...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=208473heck

Indeed this is a better and seemingly more realistic than when TDW came out with his exe patch . it enhances the hydrophone to higher degree .. Keeping it this way after reading and watching the videos on you tube .. Thanks Again VDR for your explanation :up::ping:

vdr1981 06-19-14 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimuraijn (Post 2217758)
Indeed this is a better and seemingly more realistic than when TDW came out with his exe patch . it enhances the hydrophone to higher degree .. Keeping it this way after reading and watching the videos on you tube .. Thanks Again VDR for your explanation :up::ping:

Keep in mind that TDW it selves isn't so impressed with the mod. The mod is very buggy and unfinished (you'll see for your selves first time when you encounter large convoy), but it has good potencial so I decide to save it as optional mod for TWoS. The real thing will be when TDW decide to step up to the task and create his version of realistic hydrophones...:yep:

mattius 06-20-14 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2217650)
Well, the main advantage is obvious...This is single file download (almost) while Sober's maintaining classical modlist. This is also the biggest disadvantage too, because of limited customization options.

Regarding graphics, not much really. Maybe you could try some Sober's lights mod or realistic contrast...

Many Thanks! :)

Jaystew 06-22-14 08:04 PM

My Windows install got porked have to redo everything. Trying to redownload the mod, dropbox says you are over your file hosting limit. Any idea when that clears up?

Philbo 06-23-14 01:43 AM

Hey Guys,

thanks for the great mod!

I canīt download the 1.02, because the Dropbox got too much traffic.
Any idea, maybe a second Download Location?

Thanks!

vdr1981 06-23-14 01:44 AM

It seems to me Dropbox is the same crap like others file hosts...:nope: Looking for solution...

Try mediafire download again...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6h...Steel_1.02.rar