SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Is this forum abandoned or still has some people on it? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=255339)

PreciseCoconut2 04-28-23 01:41 PM

Is this forum abandoned or still has some people on it?

I've recently found Silent Hunter 3 from some old videos on youtube and i decided to try it out, and it's been pretty addicting. But every time i didn't know what to do and searched it on Google, this forum shows up. And every single message seems to be from 2005 to 2009, and it's kinda like a Internet time capsule. Are there still active people? And if so, how many?

Onkel Neal 04-29-23 07:57 AM

Welcome to Subsim, and SH3. This forum is still active but most of the people who play SH# these days have pretty much said everything there is to say about it. So, enjoy the bountiful archive of tips and mods, it's all here waiting for you! :Kaleun_Salute:

bstanko6 04-29-23 03:19 PM

Many folks here are glad to help you. You can click my signature if you need help with manual targeting and such!

FUBAR295 04-29-23 03:36 PM

Welcome aboard ! :Kaleun_Salute:

Folks here will be glad to help you out with any questions you may have. :salute::yeah::03:

Google can also be your friend finding stuff here, as the site search engine leaves much to be desired. :yep:

HW3 04-29-23 07:00 PM

Welcome Aboard!

u crank 04-29-23 08:44 PM

Welcome to SubSim PreciseCoconut2.

A lot of really smart people here and they love to help out.

:salute:

Mister_M 04-30-23 02:24 AM

Of course it's still active ! :ping:

Jimbuna 04-30-23 02:39 PM

As already stated, there are a great many of us, old and new still around.

Welcome Aboard :Kaleun_Salute:

mookiemookie 04-30-23 04:35 PM

We're all dead, and figments of your imagination. boo!

Aktungbby 04-30-23 07:31 PM

Welcome aboard!

PreciseCoconut!2:Kaleun_Salute:

CTU_Clay 05-09-23 08:20 AM

Welcome to SubSim PreciseCoconut2.

-clay
:salute:

iambecomelife 05-10-23 04:13 AM

It'll never be abandoned as long as I draw breath! And if I may disagree a little bit with Onkel Neil - I and several die hards still have a lot to say! Although it is definitely quiet compared to 2007, I am not alarmed; I would say it is just part of the natural switch from mass-market, big developer/Ubisoft supported projects (like the Silent Hunter series itself) to boutique projects kept alive by amateur enthusiasts, working for a smaller fanbase. These projects include entirely new simulators like Wolfpack and mods like GWX Knights Cross & Wolves of the Kaiser, that intend to really push the modding envelope. There are some absolutely huge breakthroughs in the pipeline; it's just that several development teams (including my own WWI modding team) are spending much more time on modding than advertising/posting. Silent Hunter 5's moddability was a bit of a disappointment, but its predecessors have actually aged quite well - thanks to the magic of Silent 3ditor and other modding tools... With a little luck, SH3 and SH4 will be unrecognizable in 2-3 more years. And the forums at subsim will be here to document the revolution. So stay tuned! And welcome. :up:

Kapt Z 05-19-23 09:24 AM

I have been here for years. Don't post very often, but enjoy reading what others are up to. :Kaleun_Salute:

Rebel 05-19-23 10:27 AM

I'm still playing

i started as rebel as of today i am now the old man . all be in the light:subsim:

Tigerzhunters 05-19-23 01:28 PM

Veterans are starting to surface From His Uboat :haha: