SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

AKD 04-11-19 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2602739)
You should start a campaign first, and then create a journal and change your hull number. This is because starting a campaign actually creates the necessary files. Do not worry, you can do this while on patrol.

Basically you should create a journal file, and then save and exit your game once you are well clear of the harbor and any shipping, and then launch KSD commander to see your hull number and make the changes in the Options File Editor Viewer.

Okay, I will try this procedure with a new campaign start.

Quote:

The real navigation position script is activated as long as you keep it activated. You can stop it at any time in the automation menu. You can also run multiple scripts together, but I would not advise to have the battlestation script running all the time. If will very quickly fill up your map with useless navmarks. This could have an impact on performance.
Only use it during an engagement, or while sneaking into a harbor. You can keep the regular position fix script active during that time.
Having both active seemed to block the normal automatic celestial fix, or ability to get a celestial by request, perhaps because each time the battlestations script has him start calculating a dead reckoning position, it interrupts a celestial fix, which I suppose makes sense, but even when I deactivated the battlestations script, I continued to have problems with getting a celestial.

Quote:

Do you want to have automatic targeting of ships? I can not help with that. I only play with manual targeting so I need to measure or plot the target data. (PS, click on the Video in my signature to see how that is done).
No, playing at full realism with Real Navigation. I'm just talking about the ability to select the target and start feeding data to the man on the TDC, or do you mean manually inputting all your gathered data into the TDC by flipping the switch and directly manipulating all the dials?

Tonci87 04-11-19 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKD (Post 2602743)
Okay, I will try this procedure with a new campaign start.

Having both active seemed to block the normal automatic celestial fix, or ability to get a celestial by request, perhaps because each time the battlestations script has him start calculating a dead reckoning position, it interrupts a celestial fix, which I suppose makes sense, but even when I deactivated the battlestations script, I continued to have problems with getting a celestial.

No, playing at full realism with Real Navigation. I'm just talking about the ability to select the target and start feeding data to the man on the TDC, or do you mean manually inputting all your gathered data into the TDC by flipping the switch and directly manipulating all the dials?

Your navigator will fail to get a celestial fix if the weather is bad, or if you are submerged (decks awash counts as submerged to the game). In that case he will calculate your position by dead reckoning.

Yes I mean flipping the switch and manually inputting the TDC data by using the dials.

XenonSurf 04-11-19 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKD (Post 2602742)
When I receive a radio message from BdU it says "U-**"; no number. Maybe because I made and saved other changes (for UI) in OFEV before starting my first patrol? Maybe I need to reset OFEV to default?

I cannot explain why this happens, also I'm playing without Real Navigation and easier options, so my messages could be different in their substance .

But about the OFEV: Be careful what you change and check immediately if what you want takes effect. Also once the OFEV is open you can only save 1 time, after that you must quit and restart it. There is a *.bat file in the folder to reset the OFEV to default if necessary.

THEBERBSTER 04-12-19 05:56 AM

Hi Guys
As long as you have started a new career or have an existing career you will have at least one saved game the first one always being 00000000.
KSDCommander reads the saved game so for example if you have a new career and are in the bunker you should be able to get your U-boat number from KSDCommander before you start your first mission.
You can go to the OFEV and setup your Captain's name and U-Boat number.
If you have not been into the OFEV before you will need to follow the TWoS installation instructions first.

Peter

AKD 04-12-19 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2602749)
Your navigator will fail to get a celestial fix if the weather is bad, or if you are submerged (decks awash counts as submerged to the game). In that case he will calculate your position by dead reckoning.

Yes I mean flipping the switch and manually inputting the TDC data by using the dials.

Thanks again all. Got a hull number in game now.

Does the navigator report failure to get celestial because of being submerged when other conditions are blocking this, because I was getting this message while fully surfaced.

Also, does your RAOBF tutorial vid use a particular mission? Would be easier to follow along with the same setup first.

Tonci87 04-12-19 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKD (Post 2602915)
Thanks again all. Got a hull number in game now.

Does the navigator report failure to get celestial because of being submerged when other conditions are blocking this, because I was getting this message while fully surfaced.

Also, does your RAOBF tutorial vid use a particular mission? Would be easier to follow along with the same setup first.

Yes, I used the historical mission "Tutorial TDC" I should add that to the video description.

Even if fully surfaced the weather conditions might not allow a celestial fix. I think that in these cases you will get a journal entry that a celestial fix is not possible.

promitheas 04-13-19 03:41 PM

Hello all!
I was directed here from one of my own threads,

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2603103)
What I mean is: the TWoS mod is using some under-mods to make some of the radio messages display in German, and this is probably what you want to get rid off. If you take this out, then really all the text should be in English. Go ask in the TWOS thread to know how to do this. At the end, it's about the right Menu.txt file.

And I would like to know if the "under-mods" Xenon kindly mentioned do indeed affect the language of the management window text. E.g. the crew window, or the sub systems window (go to my thread where I have included links to screenshots I took of what I mean).

Simply put, I would like German audio, English text. If there are some mods that can affect this, please tell me what to do. Mod list at end of post.

Thank you,
promitheas

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 5\TWoS_Parts]

TWoS FX_Incr. Flooding via Zones
TWoS Map Contact Colors
TWoS Remove Sub Flags
TWoS SM Interior_Food Stocks
TWoS UI cmd_Radio Reports_Auto Target ID
:Kaleun_Salute:

excel4004 04-14-19 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2601534)
Just a small update to consolidate few stuff, download links are in my signature...Enjoy and happy hunting! :salute:

v 2.2.11 Changelog:
- Added Gutted's solution for annoying repetitive crew voices when using certain in-game functions: torpedo settings (salvo, depth, speed, pistol settings), map course plotting ect...
- The visual sensor affected by available light for all AI units modifier has been changed from 0.0 to 0.5. This should effectively reduce overall spotting distance of all in game AI units. (Disable all patches in your Generic Patcher and restore the snapshot again to activate the changes*)
- External torpedoes reserves transfer cool-down time has been reduced from seven to two days.(this tweak requires new campaign start*)
- Reduced accuracy of 3-inch and 4.7-inch guns used on some allied merchant ships.
- Special thanks to the latest outstanding TWoS supporters/donors: Michael Von Franck, Charles Dellipizzi, Stephen Allen and Robert Lansdell.

:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:

Thanks for the last update Vecko! :salute:

So, this update is for that all AI enemys see/detect me much/a little bit later?

I install the new patch in port and after installing 2.2.11 i disable all patches and restore the snapshot?

:subsim:

vdr1981 04-14-19 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2603272)
Thanks for the last update Vecko! :salute:

So, this update is for that the all AI enemys see/detect me much/a little bit later?

I install the new patch in port and after installing 2.2.11 i disable all patches and restore the snapshot?

:subsim:

Yes and yes. :yep:
And thank you very, very much for your donation Sir! :salute::salute::salute:

AKD 04-15-19 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2603272)

vdr1981, could you provide some more detail on the installation procedures for a patch? I'm pretty sure I just ran the installer, followed prompts to deactivate mods, finished install and reactivated mods. I didn't see any prompts about restoring snapshot, so wondering if a I missed a step I need to do manually.

Says 2.2.11 at top and everything seems to be working fine, although I am learning that problems are not always readily apparent.

XenonSurf 04-15-19 12:17 PM

^^

Yes, I also wonder: I have used the simple update to 2.2.10 after a full package 2.2.x, but I didn't restore the snapshot another time.

To be clear: after installing the Full package, I simply went through the install of the OFEV (by clicking many times over over until the 9 menus appear), restore snapshot and then save. After that I just have run the update to 2.2.10 without doing anything further, not doing restore snapshot a 2nd time.

So is it ok to not 'restore snapshot' after update? In my game, all is normal, my OFEV changes apply correctly.

hauangua 04-16-19 02:42 AM

Hi Vecko I wanted to send you a PM but your mailbox is full.
If you have alternative mail,can send me a PM?
Many thanks
:salute:

vdr1981 04-16-19 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKD (Post 2603421)
vdr1981, could you provide some more detail on the installation procedures for a patch? I'm pretty sure I just ran the installer, followed prompts to deactivate mods, finished install and reactivated mods. I didn't see any prompts about restoring snapshot, so wondering if a I missed a step I need to do manually.

Says 2.2.11 at top and everything seems to be working fine, although I am learning that problems are not always readily apparent.

Just install the update like any other, then start Generic Patcher, disable all patches and restore the snapshot...:yep:

vdr1981 04-16-19 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2603599)
Hi Vecko I wanted to send you a PM but your mailbox is full.
If you have alternative mail,can send me a PM?
Many thanks
:salute:

Try now...:salute:

AKD 04-16-19 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2603674)
Just install the update like any other, then start Generic Patcher, disable all patches and restore the snapshot...:yep:

This is assuming I've previously installed TWOS updates. I did the v2.2.10 full install, which I think automatically started Generic Patcher. That was my very first encounter with anything related to SH5. The update comes with no instructions and the install screens give no messages about Generic Patcher or restoring a snapshot.