SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Fifi 06-21-18 12:41 PM

No I don’t think so
It requires the RPM hydrophone mod

THEBERBSTER 06-21-18 01:16 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > NorCal88
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Taki1980 06-22-18 03:15 AM

I found Trevallys RAOFB Tutorial for estimate Speed with the RAOFB Finder. But the Pictures are missing. I know stonaims Tutorials but hard to find the Info there. Anyone got Tutorials written with Text and Pictures for the Attack Disc and the RAOFB Finder?

Edit: Okay i found the Tutorial on wich Red Marker i have to read the Speed of the Targetship. But i got a Question: How Accurate is this Method on diffrent AOB`s? What are the variables? Im not moving and the measurement is same accurate with AOB of 10° and AOB of 70°? And do i have to Multiply the Values with x4 if im not zoomed in on the Scope like with Masthight and Shiplenghts?

chipsranger 06-22-18 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2557628)
Hi Vecko
This is from page 337
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=5046

I use this mod and can recommend it.
Peter

:Kaleun_Applaud:

NorCal88 06-23-18 05:25 AM

Figured out the issue. I did the “Run as Administrator” option for all apps, created the game in a location other than Ubisoft golfer and kept the main.cfg file.

Thank you for all the info on this forum it helped a lot. I was so happy to hear the Star Trek music when it started up haha

Capt Codetrucker 06-24-18 05:20 PM

THANK YOU! & German "USS Nautilus"-Style Operations

First and foremost... Thank You! Thanks for everyone's hard work in bringing this to the sub-surface masses! Bon voyage!

Now, back to my post...

Can I use SH5 for experimentation of mimicking the USS Nautilus?

I know the primary objective of the Silent Hunter and other sub games and simulations is blowing things up and surviving by skill, wits and luck to live long enough to do it again. My interest and goals of using SH5 are...
  • practice and hone my real-world pilotage, ded-reckoning and sextant skills of CelNav...
  • mimic the adventures of the USS Nautilus, especially the under-the-icepack voyage...
  • practice my captain's stealth skills of insertion and detection-avoidance while making my excursions.
Some of you may be wondering why I chose a 1940-ish subsim to perform Cold War experiences? You might ask about why I don't use "Sub Command," "Dangerous Waters," "688-I," etc. since they are Cold War specific? The answer is, SH5 (modded) is the only truly pilotage, ded-reckoning and CelNav capable simulation I have come across. Every other subsim out there has a love affair with the whole GPS-moving-map-know-exactly-where-you-are paradigm and neither does any surface shipsim. Since I am in the process of reinstallation and modding of my Silent Hunter 5 (Steam version), I don't know if I will be satisfied, but we're gonna give it a whirl!

JOHNLAMARRE 06-24-18 11:17 PM

MODS are not working at all help

Aktungbby 06-25-18 01:10 AM

welcome aboard!

JOHNLAMARRE!:Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 06-25-18 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNLAMARRE (Post 2558760)
MODS are not working at all help

Welcome aboard! :Kaleun_Cheers:

What do you mean for "MODS"? The addon mods in JSGME? You can activate them via JSGME (select one and "pass" it from left to right).

TWoS doesn't need additional mods to work. If you want to experiment with another mods, put them in the TWoS Parts folder and activate them via JSGME.

Best regards and enjoy SUBSIM!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 06-25-18 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Codetrucker (Post 2558725)
First and foremost... Thank You! Thanks for everyone's hard work in bringing this to the sub-surface masses! Bon voyage!

Now, back to my post...

Can I use SH5 for experimentation of mimicking the USS Nautilus?

I know the primary objective of the Silent Hunter and other sub games and simulations is blowing things up and surviving by skill, wits and luck to live long enough to do it again. My interest and goals of using SH5 are...
  • practice and hone my real-world pilotage, ded-reckoning and sextant skills of CelNav...
  • mimic the adventures of the USS Nautilus, especially the under-the-icepack voyage...
  • practice my captain's stealth skills of insertion and detection-avoidance while making my excursions.
Some of you may be wondering why I chose a 1940-ish subsim to perform Cold War experiences? You might ask about why I don't use "Sub Command," "Dangerous Waters," "688-I," etc. since they are Cold War specific? The answer is, SH5 (modded) is the only truly pilotage, ded-reckoning and CelNav capable simulation I have come across. Every other subsim out there has a love affair with the whole GPS-moving-map-know-exactly-where-you-are paradigm and neither does any surface shipsim. Since I am in the process of reinstallation and modding of my Silent Hunter 5 (Steam version), I don't know if I will be satisfied, but we're gonna give it a whirl!

Really never I go so far to the North, so I don't know what there is in the far Arctic in SH5. In SH4 you have a wall of ice (AKA Game of Thrones Ice Wall), and you can't pass it to the North Pole....

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Tonci87 06-25-18 04:21 PM

I have a question regarding AI destroyers

Can they run out of depth charges?

Historically something like a V and W class destroyer had about 30 depth charges on board at the start of the war.
So it would have to break of its submarine hunt eventually.
How is this handled in game?

JOHNLAMARRE 06-25-18 10:50 PM

I tried everything and nothing

palmic 06-26-18 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2558887)

Historically something like a V and W class destroyer had about 30 depth charges on board at the start of the war.

Yes they can, i have many times situation that destroyer just kept my location until new arrived.
Sometimes i escaped, sometimes not :)

Jimbuna 06-26-18 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2558887)

Most definitely :yep:

THEBERBSTER 06-26-18 03:09 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > JOHNLAMMARRE
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Did you follow these instructions carefully?
Post #433 A Pictorial Step By Step Guide Through The Wolves Of Steel (TWOS) Installer > Pictorial