SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

italianmarine 05-30-18 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2555100)
You shouldn't do that...I think that some of the available rendering patches can cause the problems you have described. Reinstall the game according to install instructions and try again.
Before that and for quick testing, disable manually all rendering patches and see what will happen. Waiting for your reply...:salute:

Thanks for the advise. Will do.

Aldarean 05-30-18 12:36 PM

Stadimeter

Hi,

I have the same problem leeszaj describes a few sites ago: when I use the Stadimeter (locking button is red) all my TDC settings are reseting to zero. Any ideas where the problem is? leeszaj downloaded Version 2.1.2 to solve the problem but I can't find an 2.1.2 installer.

Using:
Vanilla WoS 2.2.5
Uplay Version of SH5
Windows 10

italianmarine 05-30-18 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2554997)
Your OFEV config file should be automatically configured during the mod installation...
You only have to open TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file, edit it and save...

Any error messages during TWoS installation?

by the way. when installing again right now it tells me that the .NET Framework 4 can`t be installed since it is already part of win 10 or a higher version is installed already.

italianmarine 05-31-18 03:10 AM

just small update. after two installs it works fine now.
My mistake was that after the game was downloaded from uplay, I didn`t start the game first. That resulted that some files haven`t been installed and caused the crash. Now everything works fine.

Only the manual TDC against fast warships is driving me crazy. :-) but friendly airplanes took care of them.

vdr1981 05-31-18 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by italianmarine (Post 2555252)

Only the manual TDC against fast warships is driving me crazy. :-) but friendly airplanes took care of them.

Use auto TDC instead...:salute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgbzTzg1k0w

vdr1981 06-02-18 11:28 AM

Ahoy Captains! :salute:
Here's a small update with several tweaks and fixes and of course, a big thank you for all TWoS donors and supporters!

v2.2.6 changelog:
- Reduced appearance of Brazilian merchant ships in allied convoys in order to avoid player's unnecessary penalty points for neutral kills.
- Fixed "Panama_T" group, Norwegian merchant replaced with Panamanian.
- Revised and tested scripted historical events and units transfers.
- Reduced UnderwaterDispMap effect (light refraction).
- Several minor "under the hull" tweaks and fixes.
- Special credits to the Captains who have supported my work in last two months trough the available TWoS PayPal link: Jason Jara and Andrew Zamic, Peter "Theberbster" Scott and Jan "Muckenberg" Somsag - who have also made several donations so far, and especially to Andreas Vogt for his enormous 100 euro donation which left me quite speechless!

Check my signature for download links and install instructions and...

Happy hunting!

:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:

fire-fox 06-02-18 12:22 PM

downloaded and redownloaded the 2.2.0 to 2.2.6 update, but when trying to run ( after Avast has scanned ) - tried with admin rights also and still same

[Window Title]
C:\Users\chris roscoe\Desktop\patch's and mod's\Silent Hunter Mobs\SH5\The Wolves of Steel 2.2_Update_v2.2.6.exe

[Content]
Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

[OK]

vdr1981 06-02-18 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fire-fox (Post 2555658)
downloaded and redownloaded the 2.2.0 to 2.2.6 update, but when trying to run ( after Avast has scanned ) - tried with admin rights also and still same

[Window Title]
C:\Users\chris roscoe\Desktop\patch's and mod's\Silent Hunter Mobs\SH5\The Wolves of Steel 2.2_Update_v2.2.6.exe

[Content]
Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

[OK]

It's your antivirus. Disable the protection or submit the file for the analysis...

fire-fox 06-02-18 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2555660)
It's your antivirus. Disable the protection or submit the file for the analysis...

Thanks Vdr that got it - sorry should have spotted that was the course.

+1 beer owed. :Kaleun_Cheers:

vdr1981 06-02-18 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fire-fox (Post 2555669)
Thanks Vdr that got it - sorry should have spotted that was the course.

+1 beer owed. :Kaleun_Cheers:

:Kaleun_Cheers::salute:

chipsranger 06-03-18 11:13 AM

Loading screen lock

In a clean installation of the SH5 Uplay version I made the whole process of installing The Wolves of Steel 2.2 from the PDF file and starting with Uplay locks on the loading screen.

First I started the SH5 without Mods and everything normal, after the installation of the TWoS hangs in the loading.
What would be the problem?
Thank you
:hmmm:

vdr1981 06-03-18 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipsranger (Post 2555810)
In a clean installation of the SH5 Uplay version I made the whole process of installing The Wolves of Steel 2.2 from the PDF file and starting with Uplay locks on the loading screen.

First I started the SH5 without Mods and everything normal, after the installation of the TWoS hangs in the loading.
What would be the problem?
Thank you
:hmmm:

"Loading" screen or "black" screen? Give it a couple of minutes...

chipsranger 06-03-18 11:35 AM

Loading screen lock

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2555815)
"Loading" screen or "black" screen? Give it a couple of minutes...

Loading screen :hmmm:

Locks in the loading screen more or less at 70%

chipsranger 06-03-18 11:38 AM

PC

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipsranger (Post 2555816)
Loading screen :hmmm:

Proc. FX8350
Memo 16GB
Nvida GTX 1070
Windows 7 Prof.

chipsranger 06-03-18 11:52 AM

Acquired SH5 on Steam

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipsranger (Post 2555818)
Proc. FX8350
Memo 16GB
Nvida GTX 1070
Windows 7 Prof.

Acquired SH5 on Steam