SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THEBERBSTER 12-15-17 06:06 PM

Hi fitz
When I saw this was a major update I thought oh no here we go again but no problems with any SH versions.
TWOS players with Windows 10 at sometime are going to get this automatic update from Microsoft so beware.
The only thing I did a while back was to stop Nvidia from updating my drivers as their updates are for the latest game releases and not needed for Silent Hunter.
Peter

fitzcarraldo 12-15-17 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2530871)
Hi Guys
I have just had a Microsoft Creator update to the 1709 Fall version.
This included an updated driver version to 388.13 which has not caused any problems.
Peter

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2531181)
Hi fitz
When I saw this was a major update I thought oh no here we go again but no problems with any SH versions.
TWOS players with Windows 10 at sometime are going to get this automatic update from Microsoft so beware.
The only thing I did a while back was to stop Nvidia from updating my drivers as their updates are for the latest game releases and not needed for Silent Hunter.
Peter

Probably that's the problem: the GC drivers. I will try to recover a previous GC update.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

ODESIT 12-16-17 03:45 AM

file "\data\Env\EnvColors_Tropical_A_luv.cfg"
[Weather=0.Angle=40]
no value "AmbientColor_Down="
(seen in another file also)

this is error?

Aktungbby 12-16-17 03:49 AM

welcome aboard!

ODESIT!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 12-16-17 05:31 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > ODESIT
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Aniuk 12-16-17 05:33 AM

Nvidia driver

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2531171)
Well.... I updated to this Fall Creator and SH5 didn't work in any way....I needed to recover the previous W10 and all is fine. How did you for a working SH5 under the Fall Creator? I have a Nvidia GC with latest update. DVD version of SH5 and TWoS 2.1.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

SH5 with TWOS under the fall creator update is running fine for me with all NVidia drivers beginning with the 388.xx At the moment I use driver version 388.59. Perhaps a clean install of the nvidia driver will work for you.

Kind regards

Aniuk

Pikes 12-16-17 08:52 AM

Warning

I went through the well described process absoutley fine. Went to launch the game and it wouldn't. After 20 mins I determined my antivirus had deleted SH5.exe because it was acting oddly. It was not restorable from quarantine so I had to repeat the entire process.

Lesson learned: Create an exclusion for the SH5 installation folder for your antivirus FIRST.

Swordfish95 12-16-17 11:43 AM

New to wolves of steel

Good day fellow captains,

i just installed this wonderful mod, I just got a question, is there any way of disabling the rusty textures mod? As I like my submarines nice and clean :salute:

Thanks in advance and good hunting

Aniuk 12-16-17 11:57 AM

SH5 TWOS antivirus

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pikes (Post 2531307)
I went through the well described process absoutley fine. Went to launch the game and it wouldn't. After 20 mins I determined my antivirus had deleted SH5.exe because it was acting oddly. It was not restorable from quarantine so I had to repeat the entire process.

Lesson learned: Create an exclusion for the SH5 installation folder for your antivirus FIRST.

But before you do that: check the downloads with your antivirus program. On some antivirus programs you can and should if possible mark the changed sh5.exe as 'trusted by user' (e.g. Norton antivirus) and do not exclude the SH5 installation folder (it is a bit drastic to do so).

Check this out:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=208655

THEBERBSTER 12-16-17 01:05 PM

Hi Guys
AVG anti-virus is very picky when it comes seeing exe files.
I have to make exceptions for all SH exe applications.

TWOS updates will be blocked by AVG for up to 2 hours while it checks the file out if I do not turn it off first.
Peter.

Aktungbby 12-16-17 01:49 PM

welcome aboard!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish
Good day fellow captains,

Swordfish95!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 12-16-17 03:23 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Swordfish95
Quote:

is there any way of disabling the rusty textures mod?
This was removed in update v1.06.04

Swordfish95 12-16-17 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2531385)
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Swordfish

This was removed in update v1.06.04

Whoops, turns out that I got an older version installed (Downloaded it some time ago but never installed it, silly me...)

Will reinstall the new version then, thanks a lot :D

KevinBijsterveld 12-16-17 06:42 PM

the wolves of steel won't work

Hi Guys,

I've installed tWoS exactly as instructed. When I start the game it seems to work. I start a new campaign and everytime the opening video is supposed to start, the game crashes.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Aktungbby 12-16-17 08:43 PM

welcome aboard!

KevinBijsterveld!:Kaleun_Salute: