SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

palmic 11-18-17 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2526045)
You are out of luck this time. Love how realistic Sh5 is! Hehe.. :yep:

If it would be really realistic, most of us would never attack any ship ;)

Cyborg322 11-18-17 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2526100)
If it would be really realistic, most of us would never attack any ship ;)

Your Dishonourable Discharge is in the Post :Kaleun_Salute:

gambla 11-19-17 03:58 AM

Thank you all guys :salute:

Spy missions:
After a little tweaking of my in-bunker-time and some reloading save-games, I got the campaign transfer working and the first mission is a spy mission, lol

Convoys:
It felt realistic not to instantly bump in lots of convoys but was worried that something might be broken or I missed anything.
However there were clear radio messages from BDU to head for a certain planquadrat for expected convoys. Of course this was no guarantee to find the convoy. Is this implemented or limited by the game ?
(just reading Werner's "Eisiger Atlantik" again)

p.s. Fingers crossed and prayers for the submariners of ARA San Juan, currently missed in the south atlantic. :(

booby 11-19-17 04:17 AM

TIIe torpedo status

Hi im enjoying playing Twos,

but i dont understand why TIIe 'Eto' Torpedo Speed/Range is 28Knots/3000m?
It is "cold" status and if heated to 30°C/85°F the Speed/Range is 30Knots/5000m.

U-boats has Pre-heat mechanics in Front and Rear torpedo tube and its reserve except external storage.

I know SH5 has Pre-heat ability but it extend range only 15%.

so Plz change TIIe status or ability status. :Kaleun_Crying:

THEBERBSTER 11-19-17 04:34 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > booby
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

alber99 11-19-17 06:25 AM

Hi,

Where can I find an updated-compatible version of "TWoS UI cmd_Auto Ship Recognition"?

I agree it's unrealistic, but I've always preferred the automatic mode, and I certainly don't plan to use it with vessels 20 km away....

excel4004 11-19-17 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alber99 (Post 2526198)
Hi,

Where can I find an updated-compatible version of "TWoS UI cmd_Auto Ship Recognition"?

I agree it's unrealistic, but I've always preferred the automatic mode, and I certainly don't plan to use it with vessels 20 km away....

Have a look: :salute:

fire-fox 11-19-17 07:48 AM

so after a clean reainstall after running CCleaner

added TwoS install to 2.09e then ran through config for generic patcher.

came across a polish V&W destroyer in Danzig bay and sank it no problem though when hitting F7 didn't get the ''ALARM'' :arrgh!: and all the hatches stayed open.

anything changed for that o should I clear out and reinstall again ?

gambla 11-19-17 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fire-fox (Post 2526233)

came across a polish V&W destroyer in Danzig bay and sank it no problem though when hitting F7 didn't get the ''ALARM'' :arrgh!: and all the hatches stayed open.

There are options for various delays and other stuff you can change via TDW's user option application, I recall it's in data/applications - default value is about 10 seconds or so to simulate watch entering the boat.

I changed it back to 0 as it felt weird without the immediate bell ringing. Also the LI was always on standby to run the crash dive procedure.

alber99 11-19-17 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2526214)
Have a look:

:salute:

Oh I missed that! Thank you very much, Sir!! :salute:

fire-fox 11-19-17 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gambla (Post 2526245)
There are options for various delays and other stuff you can change via TDW's user option application, I recall it's in data/applications - default value is about 10 seconds or so to simulate watch entering the boat.

I changed it back to 0 as it felt weird without the immediate bell ringing. Also the LI was always on standby to run the crash dive procedure.

No I ,wan there was nothing...

When using any other versions hit F7 there is an alarm cry and all the hatches slam shut. But I'm getting nothing.

Looking at generic patcher every thing looks to be disabled? Though I did follow the steps. Think I'll leave it for another day and start off from another clean install.

Cyborg322 11-19-17 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booby (Post 2526174)

It is "cold" status and if heated to 30°C/85°F the Speed/Range is 30Knots/5000m.

U-boats has Pre-heat mechanics in Front and Rear torpedo tube and its reserve except external storage.

Hi booby

The Torpedo Range is determined by the speed . You have Slow Med Fast . Slow gives the longest range but has the disadvantage of easier evasion. The changes in range between are considerable

The Pre- Heat ( In Theory) Works by Heating the Electrolyte in the Battery speeding up the chemical reaction involved which, in turn, allowed the battery to deliver peak performance. In the same way as it is difficult to start a car on a cold day

So it not going to make a huge difference but it the right circumstances could be useful a 15% Improvement is the norm

With the G7e type Torpedo you only have a slow speed so there is no option to change range

G7a Speed 44 - 40 - 30 Range 5 - 7.5 - 12 km
G7e ( TII) Speed 30 Range 1.8km
G7e ( TIII) Speed 30 Range 5km

So if its range you want stick with the G7a
In most situation you would use fast torpedoes at under 1km in anycase

Hope that helps

Simon

booby 11-19-17 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg322 (Post 2526294)
Hi booby

The Torpedo Range is determined by the speed . You have Slow Med Fast . Slow gives the longest range but has the disadvantage of easier evasion. The changes in range between are considerable

The Pre- Heat ( In Theory) Works by Heating the Electrolyte in the Battery speeding up the chemical reaction involved which, in turn, allowed the battery to deliver peak performance. In the same way as it is difficult to start a car on a cold day

So it not going to make a huge difference but it the right circumstances could be useful a 15% Improvement is the norm

With the G7e type Torpedo you only have a slow speed so there is no option to change range

G7a Speed 44 - 40 - 30 Range 5 - 7.5 - 12 km
G7e ( TII) Speed 30 Range 1.8km
G7e ( TIII) Speed 30 Range 5km

So if its range you want stick with the G7a
In most situation you would use fast torpedoes at under 1km in anycase

Hope that helps

Simon

I think TIIe was treated more carefully that maintained its max potential.
many report says that TII2 shoot from 5km range.

Cyborg322 11-19-17 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fire-fox (Post 2526233)

Hi Firefox

Try this first

You have to be below deck first

Also ALT Tabbing in game can bug the game and sometimes results in the crew staying on top which in turn stops the all the hatches from closing

Simon

palmic 11-20-17 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booby (Post 2526174)

Haha, there is soooooooooo many things at TWOS which you could blame, but still it is most imersive and realistic ww2 sub sim i ever played and i dont believe there will be any better anymore :)