SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

fitzcarraldo 11-10-17 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2524448)
What kind of issues did you recognized when used saved files from submerged sub!? :salute:

I can save with a submerged boat, with destroyers persecuting me in suface, and reload it wihout problems. The same under depth charges, and not stabilized (submerging or surfacing; in mouvement hortizontal and vertical); the game reloads OK in my installation.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 11-10-17 10:46 AM

Weather changes in TWoS

Question:

What is the rate of change of weather in TWoS (or SH5 in general)? I navigated (HT campaign) for a week and only had a change of weather (to 14 m/s wind, clouds heavy, without rain), save the game and when reload it, the weather was (visually) 5 m/s, partial clouds (the report continued to tell 14 m/s, cloud heavy). From that, after a month navigating to my asigned area (mid of atlantic, Happy Times campaign), no changes of weather, ever 5 m/s, clouds partial, report 14 m/s, clouds heavy). Will I have some heavy storm some day?

Is there some trick to induce some bad weather in TWoS?

Many thanks and regards.

excel4004 11-10-17 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2524499)
I can save with a submerged boat, with destroyers persecuting me in suface, and reload it wihout problems. The same under depth charges, and not stabilized (submerging or surfacing; in mouvement hortizontal and vertical); the game reloads OK in my installation.

Regards.

Thanks for report, good news! :salute: I cant remember that i got an issue with a submerged save, with the last versions of TWoS. Thats why i asked palmic.

Question: - What was the minimum range for the torpedo attack!? 300m? :hmmm:

- ..and yes Vecko, that was agood question, is there a changing from duds behaviour implemented in the sim with advance war years??

vdr1981 11-10-17 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2524531)

- ..and yes Vecko, that was agood question, is there a changing from duds behaviour implemented in the sim with advance war years??

Yes...The settings are contained within torpedoes sim files IIRC...

vdr1981 11-10-17 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2524504)
Question:

What is the rate of change of weather in TWoS (or SH5 in general)? Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

As far as I know weather changes in sh5 are completely random with tendency for more dynamic changes from, let's say, June to September ...

Joaoperru 11-11-17 12:47 PM

I need a little help, about a ctd which is really bugging me.
November 1940. Chase a convoy. Everytime i attack it, the game ctd after a while. Sometime even before i fire my torps. Some times when i hit with them, sometime when i escape dds. Sometimes when it's 1x sometimes when it's 16x or more. Maybe it's something within the convoy i dont know. Or something i've done wrong before the encounter, even if i did the things that i usually do.

First days in a new patrol. First convoy encountered. Starting from a save from i think 30-40 kms from the convoy. It's not in sight, but i think it's in the "bubble".

What should i do? What could cause the issue? For future experiences.

Cyborg322 11-11-17 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joaoperru (Post 2524708)
November 1940. Chase a convoy. Everytime i attack it, the game ctd after a while. Sometime even before i fire my torps. Some times when i hit with them, sometime when i escape dds. Sometimes when it's 1x sometimes when it's 16x or more. Maybe it's something within the convoy i dont know. Or something i've done wrong before the encounter, even if i did the things that i usually do.

First days in a new patrol. First convoy encountered. Starting from a save from i think 30-40 kms from the convoy. It's not in sight, but i think it's in the "bubble".

This is probably best answered by Vecko but I can say saves without any contacts remotely close are better "in the bubble" as you say. There could be other reasons

I have had a situation where as soon as a torpedo hits I got a CTD, this was in my case a Corrupt Save. I backtracked a little and I was Ok again. This was an isolated incident I've not had for a long time tho

Sauroketh 11-11-17 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zarak85 (Post 2524353)
hammer mod....
aber seit ich das mod pack installiert hab, is mein komplettes spiel auf englisch... is das normal, oder hab ich was falsch gemacht?

------------------------

awesome mod....
since i installed the mod, the entire game is in english (german before)...
... is it normal, or did i something wrong?

Soweit ich weiß, gibt es keine deutschsprachige Version der Modifikation und sie ist auch nicht geplannt. Trotzdem bin ich unter denen, die die Aufgabe gerne übernehmen würden.
As far as I know there is no German version of the mod and such isnät planed, as well. In spite of it I am one of those who would eagerly accept this issue.

excel4004 11-11-17 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauroketh (Post 2524715)
Soweit ich weiß, gibt es keine deutschsprachige Version der Modifikation und sie ist auch nicht geplannt. Trotzdem bin ich unter denen, die die Aufgabe gerne übernehmen würden.
As far as I know there is no German version of the mod and such isnät planed, as well. In spite of it I am one of those who would eagerly accept this issue.

-----> http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215259 :salute:

Sauroketh 11-11-17 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2165720)
[CENTER][NOT FOR STEAM VERSION!]

One more question...
I feel somehow puzzled :ping: by merchant vessels approaching Britain under neutral flags (say, Dutch, Irish, Spanish, Danish) and identified as "Rare cargo ships".
They increase my tonnage rate if I sink them, but it is somehow not fair.
Or sinking them decreases the renown? Or what negative effect does sinking them have at all?
I have distinct orders from BdU regading ships under Greek flag, for example - for British cargos are frequently disguised by this flag and so on. But what about all the others?
Would be grateful if someone explains this bloody thing.:k_confused:

Sauroketh 11-11-17 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2524716)

!!!
Oh danke vielmals!!!!!
Oh thanks a lot!!!!

palmic 11-11-17 04:32 PM

Quote:

This is happening to me always, after i kill some neutral or friendly unit, minutes, or hours after.

Are you sure you didn't sunk such ship?
(Sh5 unfixable bug)

Dadio85 11-11-17 06:11 PM

external camer fixed to u-boat

Since a few days I enjoy playing SH5 again, thanks to this great megamod. But one question I have is still unanswered.
Besides the free external camera, is there a camera view, which is fixed to the u-boat and moves with it? As far as I remembered, in the past when I played SH5 with the first upcoming mods, it was possible to have this camera view and even from other units - if they were spotted by your crew.

Aktungbby 11-11-17 06:19 PM

welcome aboard!

Dadio85!:Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 11-12-17 02:37 AM

Quote:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2657
Did You start new cammpaign with twos only?