SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

redline202 10-19-16 03:12 PM

Hi.
TWOS is great, especially Expansion Pack RC2, look's really stable.
Keep up the good job! :salute:

Just one little thing...i would really, really like to be able to click those two special abilities from the menu like in pic.
https://s21.postimg.org/iad7n3ndz/pic1.jpg
I know..you will say go speak to crew and ask them. But i would really love to have that in the menu like in pic.
Do you know how to enable those two buttons to be functional?

Cheers!

vdr1981 10-19-16 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redline202 (Post 2441563)
Hi.
TWOS is great, especially Expansion Pack RC2, look's really stable.
Keep up the good job! :salute:

Just one little thing...i would really, really like to be able to click those two special abilities from the menu like in pic.
https://s21.postimg.org/iad7n3ndz/pic1.jpg
I know..you will say go speak to crew and ask them. But i would really love to have that in the menu like in pic.
Do you know how to enable those two buttons to be functional?

Cheers!

I agree :yep:, but that would require TDW NewUIs scripts editing, which I don't know at all. Maybe we could ask SkyBaron for help...

redline202 10-19-16 03:39 PM

Yeah, i figured it would not be that easy, maybe he can help if he is not too busy...

Cheers!

Lanzfeld 10-20-16 04:48 AM

I would just like to chime in to say that way too many of the merchants burn when hit by torpedo. Almost all of the ships sunk in World War II that were not tankers never caught fire. There was always an dull thud and a large column of water and then wrecked deck plates and flooding but very very rarely any fires.

In SH3 NYGM got this correct and I hope SH5 can do the same.:Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 10-20-16 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld (Post 2441722)
I would just like to chime in to say that way too many of the merchants burn when hit by torpedo. Almost all of the ships sunk in World War II that were not tankers never caught fire. There was always an dull thud and a large column of water and then wrecked deck plates and flooding but very very rarely any fires.

In SH3 NYGM got this correct and I hope SH5 can do the same.:Kaleun_Salute:

You can try to disable some fire effects in Zone.cfg file by adding ";" in front of line with effect definition.

Runt31 10-20-16 08:24 PM

UZO/Sextant CTD

Hello everyone, I may not have searched the forums enough, but I keep getting CTD when I try to bring stuff up like the UZO, Sextant, and others that I will remember later. I have the steam version of SH5 but I have gone through and got TWoS to work for the most part. Can anyone help or at least point me in the right direction?

Edit: Nevermind, found a typo in a .cfg file...everything ship-shape and back to sea.

Warham 10-21-16 03:18 AM

Some questions:
1) Is there snow in TWoS?
2) Are there mines?
3) Does crew have summer and winter uniform? Or maybe there are another mods for this.

vdr1981 10-21-16 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warham (Post 2441886)
Some questions:
1) Is there snow in TWoS?

Only as texture on the ground...no snow storms ect...

Quote:

2) Are there mines?
Thousands...:)

Quote:

3) Does crew have summer and winter uniform? Or maybe there are another mods for this.
There is a mod for that, cant remember the name though...:yep:

vdr1981 10-21-16 10:52 AM

Finally, in 1.06 CO2 gauge will work as it should...:yep:

https://s6.postimg.org/yh0e40gz3/SH5...1_16_10_21.jpg

Tonci87 10-21-16 11:20 AM

Awesome news!

allandidonifajardo 10-21-16 11:45 AM

hello kamarades , i am using silent hunter 5 with wolves of sttel 1.06 megamod and generic patcher and i have 2 questions :
1 - any solution for 21;9 ultrawide displays ?
2 - i finished baltic operations and start breaking the fortress (09-11-1939) but baltic operations appears on going .... why ?? a bug ??

thanks kamarades

Warham 10-21-16 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2441934)
There is a mod for that, cant remember the name though...:yep:

Then i have an idea. I can replace models and textures for crew uniform
depending on time in the game by ksdcommander.

And maybe there is some mod which replace rain textures to snow. Then I can make auto replace for it too.

And i want to say that AI and DM of uboot is very good in this modpack. My brave captain Paul van Dyk died today. After the deep bomb explosion the boat started to sink and sat down on the bottom on 150 meters. I tried to surface and surrender but not enough compressed air. And then re-hit the bottom and sank. For the memory of my captain and my crew this awesome foto which made near Narvik in april 1940:

http://i82.fastpic.ru/big/2016/1021/...f327b2bd9f.png

Are there any tips how to repair uboat to remove flooding?

vdr1981 10-21-16 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allandidonifajardo (Post 2441975)
1 - any solution for 21;9 ultrawide displays ?

Hm, no...Since I can't select such resolution in order to tweak camera file...It has to be done by user.

Quote:

2 - i finished baltic operations and start breaking the fortress (09-11-1939) but baltic operations appears on going .... why ?? a bug ??
No, not a bug...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warham (Post 2441976)
Then i have an idea. I can replace models and textures for crew uniform
depending on time in the game by ksdcommander.

And maybe there is some mod which replace rain textures to snow. Then I can make auto replace for it too.

Sounds very cool!
BTW, when can we expect new KSDC version because I would like to implement it in TWoS 1.06?

Warham 10-21-16 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2441984)
BTW, when can we expect new KSDC version because I would like to implement it in TWoS 1.06?

I haven't enought time too add new aces. But I can just replace - to : and share this version.

vdr1981 10-21-16 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warham (Post 2441988)
I haven't enought time too add new aces. But I can just replace - to : and share this version.

Rgr that, ready when you are...:up: We can add new versions with aces then in regular updates...

Quote:

Are there any tips how to repair uboat to remove flooding?
Keep your ass out of gun sight? :D

Just kidding..Hard to say, in TWoS some hull damages are not repairable at all without dry dock (aka end patrol in bunker) . Cheef's special abilities and battle stations state should speed up repairs a bit though...DOnt forget to disable all silent state commands when you wish to stop the flooding. Dont use TC more than x2 when laying on the sea bed (or dont use TC at all)