SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 09-02-16 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2431500)
No..I didn't try because I had planned to do a new install and use silentotto to start a new campaign. I've been doing "Total Germany" for so long I decided to have a change. Also I had been messing with so many different files I thought it might be a good idea to make a clean start.

Rgr that, thanks...:up:

I have also edited few tips in FAQ section in order to make them, if possible, more understandable and to reflect latest megamod changes ... Feel free to check them...:yep:

THE_MASK 09-02-16 03:16 PM

Do you have the problem with the view tilting all the time when looking thru binos/uzo , clicking on crew below decks etc ? I have it in my mega mod .

LesBaker 09-02-16 06:36 PM

Updated Flag Chart

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2431364)
Yes, I think that's a stock game chart and it misses few nations added with OHII. My dds editing skills are not up to the task to fix this. Maybe someone else will...:hmm2:

It's better to use flags shown in recognition manual...

Have updated the Flag Chart to include the missing nations China,Cuba,Faroe Island Iceland and Nicaragua.
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/o...psrrdvdtts.png
Here is the file.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8s...c/FlagChart.7z

Les

palmic 09-03-16 03:18 AM

Yeah thank you Les, awesome! :up:

skin-nl 09-03-16 05:58 AM

Thanks LesBaker for the updated flag chart :yeah:
But where do i put the flagchart directory :oops:

Michael

LesBaker 09-03-16 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skin-nl (Post 2431655)
Thanks LesBaker for the updated flag chart :yeah:
But where do i put the flagchart directory :oops:

Michael

Replace the FlagChart.dds file in Data/UserCharts folder with the new file.

Les

skin-nl 09-03-16 07:52 AM

Thanks les

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G388F met Tapatalk

Nobon 09-03-16 02:09 PM

Greetings,
I am around a little more than 13.000 tons, (and one Hurricane MK1 plane..)
on coastal waters mission- Happy as I can be, with realnav, full manual targeting, etc. - completed the patrol mission objective fair and square aswell, got my second enigma msg on the mission :D can't wait to read it-

For the last two, I torpedoed a Hog islander, alone but in the vicinity of 32454 destroyers and gunboats, all went down on my arse, luckily somehow they lost track after 3-4 hours, started to search in a wider angle, and then went away. And a Granville type freighter, on that case the destroyer arriving somehow lost my track on the start- arrived to the wrong spot, I was outbound to Northeast, with flank speed underwater, 130 meter deep.
I like the fact that I have a chance NOT to be found on the first blink, (then need to shake them off) it seems it changed!

1.: BUT I cannot tell you the first two kills, that was travelling together, as it seems my ship log doesn't save even when I tick "save every line to shiplog", only if I save it myself in every few minutes
(one was a small or medium tanker, the other was I think a WEPS cargo? Quite small. If I reload, I can view my ingame captain`s log, but I can`t share that one...)
ANd we all know that a CTD WILL happen after a long time, for like, after hours of harassing by a destroyer, and you have to reload. And if I reload to the state where I'm running from the destroyer, and the ships are sinking, then nothing is going to be in the shiplog for some reason...
And somehow I think it can also overwrite itself... Even if it was saving the events of sinking those two, by reloading, then saving the log it was maybe overwritten by zero data.. Simply no events on the time when the ships were sunk.

2.: Also, I started the game with KSDcommander, hoping that it will update my data on server, but even my -local- file shows crazy data, an august date, (I did not tampered with august) and a note stating a change of port to Kiel from Memel, then from Kiel to Wilhelmshaven....

It seems that no matter how I restart KDScommander, click on update stats, etc., it does not load my current stats.
Yes, I have one profile, and SH5 in documents are having the right path.

What can be the cause? How can I make it read my latest stats, AND make it to update my profile on the server aswell? (that one shows even older data)

Kumando 09-03-16 03:49 PM

Been away for a awhile and i see that the send contact report and patrol report are missing, is this right or did i mess something in the install?

THEBERBSTER 09-03-16 05:04 PM

3 episodes now available.
Episode 2 dedicated to the Enigma machine.
Post #236 Shaefer’s 2016 Season 3 Silent Hunter 5 (TWOS v1.05) YouTube Videos
Peter

THEBERBSTER 09-03-16 05:11 PM

Hi Nobon
KSD only updates IIRC in the bunker not on patrol.
Peter

Nobon 09-03-16 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2431812)
Hi Nobon
KSD only updates IIRC in the bunker not on patrol.
Peter

Thank you :)

I keep that in mind.

Now Im thinking about a new kind of ship`s log to put together.
Just an idea yet- but it intrigues me that ALL the detailed information about patrol, ships sunk, radio logs, direction changes, and etc. are avaliable scattered in different save files.. KSD has something like this I think, but I see potential for a fullscale, over detailed, real smelling paper-imitating nice html log like sh3 commander had.

I will see if I have time to develop something

vdr1981 09-04-16 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2431580)
Do you have the problem with the view tilting all the time when looking thru binos/uzo , clicking on crew below decks etc ? I have it in my mega mod .

Hmm, not really...:hmmm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LesBaker (Post 2431601)
Have updated the Flag Chart to include the missing nations China,Cuba,Faroe Island Iceland and Nicaragua.

Thanks LesBaker...:up:

kevinsue 09-04-16 05:52 AM

Hello Vecko, I hope you're not ready to release a new Update in the near future because I'm just about to leave Lorient on my second patrol..:D

palmic 09-04-16 07:36 AM

You can continue with your patrol on new twos versions i do it always.
Sometimes you just need to reinstall whole game, if vecko recommend it...

Sent from phone