SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 04-01-16 11:09 AM

Here's small tip although I can see that you are already very successful in your campaign...:up:

I think that, just like in real life, you shouldn't rely too much on draft values from recognition manual. Instead, you should reduce your torpedoes depth for meter or two in order to compensate for any possible inaccuracy and the success will follow... :yep:. Torpedo explosion 1m bellow keel or right next to it will most of the time have the same outcome. :yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2394226)
Does someone know how i could add magui tdc, rudder and so into twos? I would really like to try it, but i don't want to lose great Veco contribution.

Only Sjizzle can answer this but I really doubt that it is possible...Magui is completely different UI mod and it is totally incompatible with TDW NewUIs...

vova78 04-01-16 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2394228)
Here's small tip although I can see that you are already very successful in your campaign...:up:

Thanks Vecko! :) I have also been following your progress through the KSDCommander:salute:

vdr1981 04-01-16 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vova78 (Post 2394214)
The main problem with multiple skins on the same ship loaded through the Roster folder, that they are tied to LOD1 and when the camera goes away and loaded LOD2 always become visible texture standard collection which contains LOD2 (Example scrins: 1, 2, 3, 4. )

So to get rid of this problem on the ship have to appoint .gr2 (LOD1) and _LOD.gr2 (LOD2) same texture (or camouflage, or standard gray - the main thing that they were the same).

It follows that in order to get rid of the glitch with the change of textures when changing LODs - only one texture can be assigned to one ship. And the second option - to put up with this little glitch and leave multi texture from ships as is.

Hmm...Thanks for braking it up.
I'll keep that in mind while deciding how to bypass the issue...:hmm2:

vova78 04-01-16 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2394233)
Hmm...Thanks for braking it up.
I'll keep that in mind while deciding how to bypass the issue...:hmm2:

I had the idea: that it is necessary to find a setting that is responsible for it at some distance LODs switchable between LOD1 and LOD2 and to increase the distance LOD1 to such an extent that the switch is no longer in sight.

palmic 04-01-16 12:33 PM

It would be nice if uzo would not be so much influenced by waves.
This way I'm forced to submerge before attack even at night with calm sea while real night attacks was done primarily from surface by Uzo

excel4004 04-01-16 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2394254)
It would be nice if uzo would not be so much influenced by waves.
This way I'm forced to submerge before attack even at night with calm sea while real night attacks was done primarily from surface by Uzo

Absolutly right! :yep::down:

Is there any way to fix it!!? :hmmm: Pls do it to make night surface attacks possible, at least when the weather is calm.

Subwolf 04-01-16 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2394274)
Absolutly right! :yep::down:

Is there any way to fix it!!? :hmmm: Pls do it to make night surface attacks possible, at least when the weather is calm.

You have the stabilizer option in the realism settings.

Subwolf 04-01-16 02:30 PM

With this mod, on a dark cloudy night, at what distance do you attack? I was spotted 2000 meters away bow facing a convoy. How did they do that in 1940 :hmmm:

excel4004 04-01-16 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subwolf (Post 2394282)
You have the stabilizer option in the realism settings.

Me and palmic play on 100% realism and want this level also in the future cause 100% realism is the challenge. But it isnt 100% realistic how the uzo behaves at the moment. :D

vdr1981 04-01-16 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2394288)
But it isnt 100% realistic how the uzo behaves at the moment. :D

I wouldn't agree on this...The UZO is coupled with the U-boat... I don't think that using actual stuff was any easier, especially if we know that U-boats were very unstable platforms...

Subwolf 04-01-16 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2394290)
I wouldn't agree on this...The UZO is coupled with the U-boat... I don't think that using actual stuff was any easier, especially if we know that U-boats were very unstable platforms...

But we all know the movement of the boat is just a little too much. Even in the bunker it moves up and down like a cork in a bathtub. It's just another Ubisoft flaw...

vdr1981 04-01-16 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subwolf (Post 2394294)
But we all know the movement of the boat is just a little too much. Even in the bunker it moves up and down like a cork in a bathtub. It's just another Ubisoft flaw...

So what is the problem then, U-boat movement or gyro stabilized UZO?

palmic 04-01-16 02:56 PM

[REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod

I don't believe most of kaleunen submerged because of unstable Uzo, everything what's uzo usable now is checking particular bearing. When i have to attack with it on calm water i can't even measure optical height by large optic at +- 10 bearing. + i found boat starts to move much more after you start to use uzo (few seconds after that) i don't need to have this, but it seems to me a little much unstable now :)

Btw i don't think it was so unstable because of floating tanks on both sides.
At least it should not move so much at 14 knots at 90/270 ;)

vdr1981 04-01-16 03:08 PM

What you guys could do is to :

- try to use "Frendly deck gun waves" addon mentioned in FAQ section
- experiment with your own waves settings located in SeaParameters.cfg file
- Disable "no stabilized view" option in game settings

But gyro stabilized UZO is a "no go" in Wolves mod...:)

excel4004 04-01-16 03:15 PM

Quote:

everything what's uzo usable now is checking particular bearing
!Yes..and then the actuall setting is a fail.:-?

Quote:

But gyro stabilized UZO is a "no go" in Wolves mod...:)
I also think so. A little, small movement of the UZO to make it a little bit harder to attack on the surface but having then the opportunities of the surface movement from the sub.

That would be a good balance in my opinion. At the moment its only like no movement(realism settings not 100%) or full movement without any chance to aim. :down:

So every attack is in periscope depth, or who attacks with 100% realism setting surfaced without pressing "break" all the time?:D