SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Damage to Torpedo Tubes and Moving Torpedos (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=255554)

sortofredhead 06-07-23 11:13 PM

Damage to Torpedo Tubes and Moving Torpedos

I was depth charged and received damage to Tubes 1, 3 & 5 such that they will not open. They have torpedoes in them.

Is there any way to move the torpedoes from those tubes into the remaining good forward torpedo room Tubes (2, 4 & 6). I have tried dragging to those tubes and to the reserved spots but they just go back into the btubes they came from. Thank you for any assistance.

propbeanie 06-08-23 07:54 AM

Usually, that damage does not show on your boat's damage screen either. Think of it as the outer doors are damaged and not able to keep the sea out of the tube. Therefore, you cannot open the inner doors and put a torp back on the rack... But, there is no way to do that in the game anyway, and in real life, while they could pull a torpedo, such as the Type 18 to recharge the batteries, it would most likely have been impossible to change the rack to be able to change the tube used anyway. One thing about the game though, your torpedoes will continue to reload into the other tubes, while in real life, it would have been very difficult, if not impossible to move the torpedoes off the racks behind the damaged tube to other racks for use... I could be wrong, but I do know that I would not want to be on the boat if they were trying to do that... maybe while on the surface, they could use the loading crane to help, but that would take a good while to accomplish. :o

sortofredhead 06-08-23 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2870974)
Usually, that damage does not show on your boat's damage screen either. Think of it as the outer doors are damaged and not able to keep the sea out of the tube. Therefore, you cannot open the inner doors and put a torp back on the rack... But, there is no way to do that in the game anyway, and in real life, while they could pull a torpedo, such as the Type 18 to recharge the batteries, it would most likely have been impossible to change the rack to be able to change the tube used anyway. One thing about the game though, your torpedoes will continue to reload into the other tubes, while in real life, it would have been very difficult, if not impossible to move the torpedoes off the racks behind the damaged tube to other racks for use... I could be wrong, but I do know that I would not want to be on the boat if they were trying to do that... maybe while on the surface, they could use the loading crane to help, but that would take a good while to accomplish. :o

Thanks for your reply!

1Patriotofmany 06-09-23 12:16 PM

Try turning autoload off if it's not.

sortofredhead 06-09-23 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany (Post 2871174)
Try turning autoload off if it's not.

Great point, and I did try that, btw, but it did not allow it still. Thank you for your suggestion though.