SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Red Storm Rising (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   RED STORM RISING Campaign feedback (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=87668)

Molon Labe 01-26-07 04:07 PM

Equinox: To disable waveriding, exit the mission and go to the options screen from the main title. It is on the "game" tab. But, it's not going to help you...

Bill: The FFG isn't getting pushed into the dock. It's grounded. Apparently 1.04 increased the draft of the FFG.:damn:

Edit: SCS Confirms that 1.04 corrected the draft of the FFG from the previous model.

Bill Nichols 01-26-07 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molon Labe
Equinox: To disable waveriding, exit the mission and go to the options screen from the main title. It is on the "game" tab. But, it's not going to help you...

Bill: The FFG isn't getting pushed into the dock. It's grounded. Apparently 1.04 increased the draft of the FFG.:damn:

Edit: SCS Confirms that 1.04 corrected the draft of the FFG from the previous model.

I concur, :damn: :damn: :damn:

Equinox 01-27-07 07:59 AM

RSR: Mission #1

Does anyone know what to do about this new development?

davelacey 01-27-07 08:16 AM

Why do I wish I'd read this before installing the patch......... :damn:

Bill Nichols 01-27-07 11:12 AM

Updated files to fix the problem in the first RSR mission, caused by the 1.04 patch, are now available on my site. Glad to be of service!

:sunny:

Equinox 01-29-07 12:38 PM

RSR: Mission #1

Thank you Mr. Nichols with your prompt repair of this problem. The fixes worked just fine. Also, thanks to all else for the suggestions and support.

Smooth sailing all!

Bill Nichols 01-29-07 12:53 PM

Glad to be of service!

:sunny:

loynokid 02-16-07 10:07 PM

Awesome Campaign

Liked the Campaign, keep up the good work...

MBot 03-14-08 02:58 AM

Finaly managed to play the campaign (most of it). Realy great job Bill, a spectacular campaign for a spectacular game. Thank you very much.

I don't know if you are still making missions for DW, but how about a campaign about the the operations of ARA San Luis during the Falklands War (using the Kilo)?

Bill Nichols 03-14-08 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBot
Finaly managed to play the campaign (most of it). Realy great job Bill, a spectacular campaign for a spectacular game. Thank you very much.

I don't know if you are still making missions for DW, but how about a campaign about the the operations of ARA San Luis during the Falklands War (using the Kilo)?

Thanks for the kudo. As you might suspect from the date of the the last update to my site, I've not been into DW lately. Too many other things on my plate, between job and grad school.

I have every intention to getting back to sea, but can't promise when it might be.

-Bill

SirHiggins 01-24-09 10:32 AM

Hi, first of all very creative missions:up:
But sometime i've got some problems, at the 3rd mission there were two blue-death, and at mission 2, some CTD without any warning etc.
I use RSR + LWAMI 3.08.
Any idea? ThX

Bill Nichols 01-25-09 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirHiggins
Hi, first of all very creative missions:up:
But sometime i've got some problems, at the 3rd mission there were two blue-death, and at mission 2, some CTD without any warning etc.
I use RSR + LWAMI 3.08.
Any idea? ThX

I doubt this is a scenario issue. Anyone else seen this happen in missions 2 & 3??

LoBlo 01-25-09 11:33 AM

I've not encountered the problem, no.

horrgakx 05-23-11 07:54 AM

I had an issue with campaign mission 2 I think, where you have to find and force a sub to the surface.

I located the sub, it was doing a constant 15kts at 800ft in a direction something like 249deg. I followed it and followed it. Eventually we reached the edge of the map. I tried constant pinging for hours and even launched a torp to scare it but it just kept going.

I gave up and restarted whereupon the sub surfaced and the mission completed fairly quickly. I have no idea what I did to make it surface though!

Molon Labe 05-23-11 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horrgakx (Post 1668892)
I had an issue with campaign mission 2 I think, where you have to find and force a sub to the surface.

I located the sub, it was doing a constant 15kts at 800ft in a direction something like 249deg. I followed it and followed it. Eventually we reached the edge of the map. I tried constant pinging for hours and even launched a torp to scare it but it just kept going.

I gave up and restarted whereupon the sub surfaced and the mission completed fairly quickly. I have no idea what I did to make it surface though!

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=88062