SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   The Wolves of Steel: Bugs, glitches and issues thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238315)

kapuhy 03-03-19 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2594849)
SH5 was a very broken/unfinished game. TWoS fixes most of it, but there is still a lot of give and take when it comes to playing it. The question becomes how bad do you want your supermarks?

If I was to choose, I could live without destroyed marks but supermarks and nav fixes are rather handy when returning to game, to avoid having to pinpoint location of both myself and everything around me again...

bstanko6 03-03-19 03:16 PM

True. I’m going to try the “continue” method just to see the benefit.

vdr1981 03-03-19 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2594851)
If I was to choose, I could live without destroyed marks but supermarks and nav fixes are rather handy when returning to game, to avoid having to pinpoint location of both myself and everything around me again...

Load your saved journal file when you load the gamesave. This feature (journal entries, navmarks, supermarks) works as intended, I never noticed any problems with it. Destroyed marks are bugged, yes.

kapuhy 03-03-19 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2594864)
Load your saved journal file when you load the gamesave. This feature (journal entries, navmarks, supermarks) works as intended, I never noticed any problems with it. Destroyed marks are bugged, yes.

Ok, here's what I do:

- Launch the game
- after "saved games were synchronized from the server" prompt, main menu appears.
- In the "ship's journal" section my saved journal file is selected by default
- I select "Load game", select my savegame and "load", then the game loads with destroyed marks but without supermarks and nav fixes. Journal itself does load just fine though.
- If I select "continue campaign" (I only currently have one save file so it uses the same), upon loading there are all supermarks and nav fixes I made but no destroyed marks...

I tried reselecting my journal from the "Ship Journal" in main menu before loading game, it made no difference.

GeneralDeath99 03-10-19 01:16 AM

I just updated TWoS mod to is current new state and i have two glitches that I've noticed right in the beginning. One is minor and the other is game breaking for me. The small issue is a ui box that says "User charts (scrollable)" but there is nothing in them and it doesn't go away nor is there any option i see to make it disappear. The other issue that is more game braking is when i talk to the man where he briefs me on missions and i select the mission, I can escape after that and i'm stuck in that map. There is no X mark to click, ESC button is not doing anything. Nothing. I have to shut down the game because im stuck in that view. If anyone knows a fix to any of these; most important the latter of the two, Id be very grateful. :Kaleun_Salute:

bstanko6 03-10-19 01:43 AM

@generaldeath...
Is your game updated to v1.2? You are having a lot of issues. TWoS is the easiest mod to activate. Maybe you have a bad file!

GeneralDeath99 03-10-19 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2596043)
@generaldeath...
Is your game updated to v1.2? You are having a lot of issues. TWoS is the easiest mod to activate. Maybe you have a bad file!

Actually I did find an X to exit out of that map view, it was just extremely hard to see but that black ya box is still there and also I noticed that the Automation UI Scrips are missing! Nothing under the categories section. I thought TWoS added this in there mod pack. I’m pretty sure I installed everything correctly. Spent a few hours of reading and looking at bugs other people had to make sure I was doing everything right

bstanko6 03-10-19 02:14 AM

I've always used escape in that captains mission map. Where is the X at?

Fifi 03-10-19 02:20 AM

The little X box to escape the mission request map is completely hidden by the plastic reflection of the map.
It is located at top right map, just at the angle...
The escape key doesn’t escape the map at all. So better find this little X :03:

Would be cool to change this X stuff by a better one visible!

THEBERBSTER 03-10-19 05:33 AM

Hi Guys
Turned off destroyed marks in the OFEV which has allowed me to save games close to where ships are sunk without any save games loading problems.
Peter

Zuzi00 03-13-19 06:35 PM

Not sure if this a bug or not.I started in 1944 and very quickly after start and reloaded save my Radio men told me there is an important message for me.I take this but I can not find it anywhere.Also in the Log (key k) is nothing.Whats wrong with this?I am new at the game so perhaps I overlook something.

bstanko6 03-13-19 06:38 PM

After many tests and tinkering it is true, continue game vs load game yield different results.

Continue game brings back your supermarks no problem, just be sure to delete the auto save before exiting. You never want to start with the auto saves, they are unstable.

Loniak 03-14-19 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spillmester (Post 2587088)
Report via celestial, gives me weather report? Task never seem to complete

me too

kapuhy 03-14-19 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loniak (Post 2597010)
me too

How long did you wait? It takes navigator up to 45 minutes to complete celestial fix.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2596804)
After many tests and tinkering it is true, continue game vs load game yield different results.

Continue game brings back your supermarks no problem, just be sure to delete the auto save before exiting. You never want to start with the auto saves, they are unstable.

Exactly. Here's two screenshots I've taken upon loading the same savegame file:

1. Using "Load game" option:

https://i.imgur.com/GgLmi4A.jpg

2. Using "Continue Campaign" option:

https://i.imgur.com/ST0xpK9.jpg

Note that while supermarks and navigation fixes are not visible loading via "Load game", destroyed marks are only visible then...

bstanko6 03-14-19 06:07 PM

I tested and I confirmed kapuhys issue.