SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Shaefer 01-08-16 07:48 AM

Hey guys! :rock:
I`ve been away from the forums for a few weeks, was about to fire up the good old SH5 today. I`m in recording mood today...
So pardon me if this has been adressed earlyer, I don`t feel like browsing...:O:
I`ve updated to patch 14, and was having a look at my realism settings to make sure all was good to go, when I noticed that realism only show 70% with everything checked except external view....:o
Has the realism been lowered in WOS? Is it a bug? A visual glitch? Is my game destroyed? Do I have to change my signature?

Hecki Stafman 01-08-16 08:05 AM

Quote:

Grossdeutscher Rundfunk New Remix 1939-1945_CTD Fix
Where can I find this? and what is this fix doing?
google didn't found anything :wah:

MCM 01-08-16 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2371562)
I`ve been away from the forums for a few weeks, was about to fire up the good old SH5 today. I`m in recording mood today...
So pardon me if this has been adressed earlyer, I don`t feel like browsing...:O:
I`ve updated to patch 14, and was having a look at my realism settings to make sure all was good to go, when I noticed that realism only show 70% with everything checked except external view....:o
Has the realism been lowered in WOS? Is it a bug? A visual glitch? Is my game destroyed? Do I have to change my signature?

It is specially lowered for you that you can do a lot of new videos in your lets play session :D:yeah: a lot of people urgently waiting for new videos to come and to last this as long as possible you got a "easy" version :up:

Sorry can't help you but I am very pleased to see that you are doing more vids. I think just play on and see if everything is normal.

vdr1981 01-08-16 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2371562)

Welcome back Shaefer! :salute:
It's a new trick of mine...:)
Only players who use real navigation and have Wind & Smoke addon disabled will be able to select 100% realism. Note that displayed realism percentage will have impact on players renown...:yep:

palmic 01-08-16 08:30 AM

Hey! I am using RN and have only 75% with all settings most realistic with smoke addon :)
I thought its just hardcore feature to note how is the game realistic in comparison with real life situation :)

Shaefer: is TheNorseCast your youtube channel? :salute:

Shaefer 01-08-16 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2371567)
Welcome back Shaefer! :salute:
It's a new trick of mine...:)
Only players who use real navigation and have Wind & Smoke addon disabled will be able to select 100% realism. Note that displayed realism percentage will have impact on players renown...:yep:

Thats naughty, and I like it...:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2371569)
Shaefer: is TheNorseCast your youtube channel? :salute:

Yes!

palmic 01-08-16 12:30 PM

Great, ill take a look, thanks!

whiskey111 01-08-16 02:29 PM

I have one question, perhpas not the most smarter one :D

Does patch 1.4 upgrade version 1.3 to version 1.4 or does it fix some bugs in version 1.4 ?

Generally, I'm looking the way to upgrade my installed 1.3 version to 1.4 (I hope this is possible).

Thanks for help.

THEBERBSTER 01-08-16 03:12 PM

I will save Vecko the trouble.:)
Each patch comes with its own document readme that will inform you of all the changes that have happened.
Unless stated all patches are cumulative.
Peter

whiskey111 01-08-16 03:26 PM

List of changes doesn't say too much for me. But, in every changelog it is written that The Wolves of Steel 1.04 should be enabled so I understand this patch is not dedicated for someone who needs upgrade The Wolves of Steel 1.03 to 1.04.

However, is it possible at all ?

vdr1981 01-08-16 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiskey111 (Post 2371678)

However, is it possible at all ?

No...You should download latest 1.04 version and patch, reinstall the game and that's it...Can not confirm that two versions will be gamesave compatible though...

whiskey111 01-08-16 03:55 PM

OK, thanks a lot :)

vdr1981 01-08-16 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiskey111 (Post 2371688)
OK, thanks a lot :)

You're welcome! Also, in a few days I'm going in with new v1.05 with a lot of new features...:yep:

Mikemike47 01-08-16 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2371692)
Also, in a few days I'm going in with new v1.05 with a lot of new features...:yep:

Will v1.05 have RSD with the english descriptions for the sub sections again? Others have commented on it in the past, too

Thanks again for your work on these two great mods and all the help you have provided elsewhere.

MCM 01-09-16 02:51 AM

Thanks again vdr1981 and all of your team to improve this game further and further and help that this rare simulation type stays alive. Without you we would not have a uboot game at all now. How many people are still working on this mega mod? How many things can still be improved before it is really perfect or not anymore editable?

Can you give us some more detailed informations what improvements we can expect? Is it worth beginning a new campaign now or when will you probably release it? (then I will wait)

Have a very nice weekend everyone :sunny: