SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Jittery menu graphics in Windows 7 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=177091)

bob2alien 11-14-10 08:42 PM

Jittery menu graphics in Windows 7

Hello, I recently bought silent hunter 4 on steam and the graphics in some of the menus are, the best word I can come up with is "jittery." I'm wondering if this has occured for anyone else and if anyone knows how to fix it.

RodBorza 11-15-10 03:05 AM

I have SH4 with Steam on Win7 and it works pretty fine. Do you have the patch 1.5 (U-boat missions)?

Maybe that's the problem.

WernherVonTrapp 11-15-10 03:26 AM

Can you tell us a little more about your system there Bob? I'm sure it's a newer system if you're running Windows 7 but a little more info might help us, to help you.
Is your system a Laptop or Desktop PC?
Do you have a dedicated graphics card or integrated graphics?
How mch system RAM do you have?
Did you download SHIV Gold Edition (with the U-Boat Expansion Pack)?
;)

bob2alien 11-15-10 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodBorza (Post 1535542)
I have SH4 with Steam on Win7 and it works pretty fine. Do you have the patch 1.5 (U-boat missions)?

Maybe that's the problem.

I have the U-boat missions so that's not the problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WernherVonTrapp (Post 1535548)
Can you tell us a little more about your system there Bob? I'm sure it's a newer system if you're running Windows 7 but a little more info might help us, to help you.
Is your system a Laptop or Desktop PC?
Do you have a dedicated graphics card or integrated graphics?
How mch system RAM do you have?
Did you download SHIV Gold Edition (with the U-Boat Expansion Pack)?
;)

Here are the specs.
Desktop PC
Grahpics card: ATI Radeon HD 5850
RAM: 6 GB
And I did not download the gold edition. I bought the U-boat missions seperately.

RodBorza 11-15-10 10:51 AM

Well, your system specs are way over the required toplay the game, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Maybe it has something to do with vertical sync. Did you try to change it to sincronize your video card with the screen refresh rate?

bob2alien 11-15-10 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodBorza (Post 1535656)
Well, your system specs are way over the required toplay the game, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Maybe it has something to do with vertical sync. Did you try to change it to sincronize your video card with the screen refresh rate?

I disabled vsync in SH4 and that fixed the problem, thanks.

WernherVonTrapp 11-15-10 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob2alien (Post 1535684)
I disabled vsync in SH4 and that fixed the problem, thanks.

Ah, OK, glad you got it squared away. I was about to suggest you go into your graphics card's control panel and start poking around at the settings. I'm glad everthing is copesthetic.:D

bob2alien 11-16-10 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WernherVonTrapp (Post 1535845)
Ah, OK, glad you got it squared away. I was about to suggest you go into your graphics card's control panel and start poking around at the settings. I'm glad everthing is copesthetic.:D

So am I. While it didn't make the game unplayable, it was incredibly annoying and hard on the eyes.

RodBorza 11-16-10 05:03 PM

Glad it worked out for you , mate!
Enjoy the game!
And after that, install some super mods on it.
They make a great game, greater! :yeah: