SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Modern Naval Warfare (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=320)
-   -   Modern Era Submarine II (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=245312)

maslas 05-29-20 10:15 AM

Modern Era Submarine II

We are discussing with the SubSim community the feasibility of a modern submarine simulator called...

Modern Naval Warfare

https://youtu.be/OSJUMZ62Onk

by the MaslasBros

:)

Aktungbby 05-29-20 11:38 AM

Welcome aboard!

maslas!:Kaleun_Salute:

Julhelm 05-29-20 02:29 PM

Well do you have something to show?

maslas 05-29-20 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julhelm (Post 2673805)

It is understandable that you do want evidence of what I am proposing here.
But I said "I have the means" not a ready to launch product, because if I did then I wouldn't ask for the communities opinion on this matter but marketize it.

Wouldn't I?

Unless you are seeking evidence for my teams capacity on this matter. Which is acceptable too. Please clarify.

maslas 05-29-20 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2673751)
maslas!:Kaleun_Salute:

:Kaleun_Cheers:

Texas Red 05-30-20 04:09 PM

Yes this sounds like a good idea but do you have any screenshots or anything? Or you just proposing an idea for someone else to do?

maslas 05-31-20 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the beast (Post 2674038)
Yes this sounds like a good idea but do you have any screenshots or anything? Or you just proposing an idea for someone else to do?

Thanks for the direct answer. :)

No I am not proposing an idea for someone else to do. I am researching if it is worth to put effort and of course money on a quality project of such genre.
I opened this post to gauge the interest...

As for the second half of your first question... Now let me think :hmmm:

Amiral Crapaud 06-01-20 12:36 AM

I'd buy that! (for more than a dollar though :Kaleun_Wink:)
But my feeling is that if you're motivated, you should go for it - you won't get from the subsim forum alone the sort of attention/support (especially the financial kind) you would need to know in advance that your game is viable. If you have the technical skills & the funding to spare, going for a prototype sounds like the safe and efficient way.

At any rate, just so we're clear, except if you're making it multistation but still fun (aka much simplified), your glass ceiling is - best case scenario - the audience reached by Cold Waters. Make it multistations but require people to learn to operate an actual sonar to play it and you're in Dangerous Waters zone. If you're looking for a way to make your life easy, there are better ways. :03:

I am making a carrier simulation myself, and if I ever get to half the numbers of Cold Waters, I'll die a happy man :D

Cheers and best of luck

Hawk66 06-01-20 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maslas (Post 2673732)
Hi again,

After a stormy night my yesterdays post got sunk. Reemerging from the deep with the same question.

We have the means for a Modern Era SubSim like Dangerous Waters but with modern AAA Graphics, Multi-station Coop, Story driven and dynamic campaign.
We are targeting on the following Submarine classes for starts:
  • Virginia Class
  • Astute Class
  • Type 214 or 212
Will the community of SubSim support a project like that?

I am really sorry for those who did answer and I didn't get the chance to return back to them.

That sounds all nice but frankly if your goal is to earn money or even just settle your expenses, this community will not be sufficient, I guess.

Have you already experience with a complex simulation project like this ?

maslas 06-01-20 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amiral Crapaud (Post 2674365)
I'd buy that! (for more than a dollar though :Kaleun_Wink:)
But my feeling is that if you're motivated, you should go for it - you won't get from the subsim forum alone the sort of attention/support (especially the financial kind) you would need to know in advance that your game is viable. If you have the technical skills & the funding to spare, going for a prototype sounds like the safe and efficient way.

At any rate, just so we're clear, except if you're making it multistation but still fun (aka much simplified), your glass ceiling is - best case scenario - the audience reached by Cold Waters. Make it multistations but require people to learn to operate an actual sonar to play it and you're in Dangerous Waters zone. If you're looking for a way to make your life easy, there are better ways. :03:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk66 (Post 2674366)
That sounds all nice but frankly if your goal is to earn money or even just settle your expenses, this community will not be sufficient, I guess. ...

Truly guys,
These are the answers that I was looking for, thank you :Kaleun_Cheers:
Quote:

... Have you already experience with a complex simulation project like this ?

Don't want to brag about it... but we have what is needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amiral Crapaud (Post 2674365)
...I am making a carrier simulation myself, and if I ever get to half the numbers of Cold Waters, I'll die a happy man :D...

Best of luck to you too!

Other thoughts or opinions are acceptable too. So keep it coming!

Julhelm 06-01-20 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maslas (Post 2674367)
Don't want to brag about it... but we have what is needed.

What have you worked on or produced before? Any artist worth his salt can produce fancy graphics. It's the other stuff that is challenging.

sonicninja 06-01-20 03:07 PM

Sounds good to me, I left the Navy before I got a chance to serve on an A Boat so this would be my opportunity I guess as an ex T Boat submariner, bring it on :Kaleun_Applaud:

FPSchazly 06-01-20 05:08 PM

I feel like it's a rhetorical question to ask if we would support such a game. Yeah, of course! I feel like this would be the easiest of your obstacles to hurdle. What else do you need?

maslas 06-03-20 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julhelm (Post 2674375)
What have you worked on or produced before? Any artist worth his salt can produce fancy graphics. It's the other stuff that is challenging.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPSchazly (Post 2674522)
I feel like it's a rhetorical question to ask if we would support such a game. Yeah, of course! I feel like this would be the easiest of your obstacles to hurdle. What else do you need?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julhelm (Post 2673805)

Quote:

...Have you already experience with a complex simulation project like this ?

These are all reasonable questions guys!
But let me make a proper introduction to our studio first.
We are professionals in the corporate environment both on IT and Software Development sectors with 25years experience.
We are also the creators of the FlatUniverse multiplayer space shooter that is being used as a testbed for many technologies that we are going to use on a project like this (networking, sensors, ai, graphics, data serialization etc).

We are the MaslasBros and that is what we propose...

Modern Naval Warfare

:salute:

kyrgiannis 06-03-20 02:04 AM

And here is a direct link to our first teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSJUMZ62Onk

We hope you like it!