SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   The joke thread II (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=236653)

Jimbuna 04-23-24 08:01 AM

The topic of the day at Army Airborne School was what you should do if your parachute malfunctions. We had just gotten to the part about reserve parachutes when another student raised his hand.

“If the main parachute malfunctions,” he said, “how long do we have to deploy the reserve?”

Looking the trooper square in the face, the instructor replied, “The rest of your life.”

Platapus 04-23-24 03:50 PM

Did you hear about the woman who couldn't stop collecting magazines?

She had issues.

Jimbuna 04-24-24 10:33 AM

With a pile of 300 resumes on his desk and a need to pick someone quickly, my boss told me to make calls on 50 and toss the rest.

“Throw away 250 resumes?” I asked, shocked. “What if the best candidates are in there?”

“You have a point,” he said. “But then again, I don’t need people with bad luck around here.”

Platapus 04-24-24 03:12 PM

What’s the best air to breathe if you want to be rich?

Millionaire.

Jimbuna 04-25-24 08:53 AM

The English language often got the better of my German grandfather, a pastor. During one service, he announced that two members of his flock were getting married.

“You’re all invited to the wedding,” he told the congregation. “And also to the parish hall afterward for the conception.”

Platapus 04-25-24 02:52 PM

Where do armies belong?

In your sleevies.

Jimbuna 04-26-24 05:05 AM

Randy Pausch is a renowned computer science professor, but that didn’t carry much weight with his mother. After he got his PhD, she introduced him to friends by saying, “This is my son. He’s a doctor, but not the kind who helps people.”

Shadowblade 04-26-24 11:48 AM

"Jesus loves you" is a wonderful thing to hear in church.

But a horrible thing to hear in a Mexican prison.

Jimbuna 04-26-24 12:26 PM

Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow internet to see who they really are.

Platapus 04-26-24 05:38 PM

Why do nurses like red crayons?

Sometimes they have to draw blood.

Jimbuna 04-27-24 09:26 AM

About a week after my son left for boot training, I happened to go into his room for an afternoon nap. His bed was still warm and cozy, and I seemed to feel his presence. I wrote and told him that either my mind was playing tricks on me or some supernatural phenomenon had comforted me.

I was still trying to figure out the “miraculous” warmth when his reply came. “Sorry, Mother, I forgot. Turn off my electric blanket.”

Jimbuna 04-28-24 01:09 PM

Mr. and Mrs. Shaw were on safari in Africa, walking through the jungle. Suddenly a huge lion sprang out of the bushes and seized Mrs. Shaw, dragging her off.

“Shoot!” she screamed to her husband. “Shoot!”

“I can’t!” he shouted back. “I’ve run out of film!”

Jimbuna 04-29-24 01:32 PM

After finishing our Chinese food, my husband and I cracked open our fortune cookies.

Mine read, “Be quiet for a little while.”

His read, “Talk while you have a chance.”

Platapus 04-29-24 04:20 PM

Why did the cowboy adopt a wiener dog?

He wanted to get a long little doggie.

Jimbuna 04-30-24 12:51 PM

A last-minute filer walked into our state income tax office and handed me his returns. Just as he did, a peal of laughter could be heard in another room.

Glaring at me, he grumbled, “What are they doing back there, counting the money?”