SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Indie Subsims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   IronWolf VR (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=230319)

ionizedphil 03-08-17 10:21 AM

IronWolf VR

Hi there, we’re releasing a room scale VR submarine game on Steam Early Access next week and wanted to introduce ourselves to your community.

We’re a 2 man team from the UK, having previously enjoyed playing the Silent Hunter series, we felt that a submarine game was a great fit for VR. We have ended up with IronWolf VR, it’s definitely more on the arcade end of submarine games than a study sim. We found from user testing that we needed to make missions shorter to be comfortable in current VR headsets.

You can see our dev logs and trailer on our YouTube channel here, feel free to ask us any question.

Aktungbby 03-08-17 10:33 AM

welcome aboard!

ionizedphil!:Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna 03-08-17 11:14 AM

Welcome to SubSim phil :Kaleun_Salute:

Feldpost 03-13-17 04:07 PM

Ahoi ionizedphil,

i just finished my first missions in your game :Kaleun_Cheers:

I like the way you implemented the interior of the submarine, suits very well for roomscale VR!
Nice effect when you drown :D - Great job so far for a two man team!

I fully understand, that you aim for a more arcardish submarine game, but since you posted in subsim.com, you will also get some constructive critics :salute:

I would suggest:

* use relative bearings instead of absolute compass bearings
especialy for Hydrophone and Periscope, maybe let the compass-rose rotate around the hydrophone, but the top should be ship-ahead and not north :up:

* i like the Idea/Implementation of the rudder control (manual and assist/set course), just rename 'Rudder assist' to 'Set Course'... :03:

* switching manual and 'rudder assist' could also switch a strategic and a tactical map view... (for future releases)

* the turn rate of sub is much to high... your base game has a lot of potencial for typical evade situations, in VR!!. There should the rudder be manual, the map 'roughly' based on hydrophone...

I already love your periscope (for not roomscale-VR-subsimmer: lol, you actualy walk around the periscope and it feels plausible :up:) and dive control, also your anti-air implementation.

Maybe this is a local bug on my setup?
* I don't hear the engines of other vessels, neither over hydrophone or when i dive directly under them...

wishes for the future:
* able to enter the 'bridge position' - binoculers, basic steering from bridge (like: course 10° port, engines half) - get the sub in an attack position from bridge position...

Your VR game has the potiential for things like no sub-game before: ..evade... VR strength: hearing the destroyer from left... claustrophobie.... depth charges take X- seconds for y - meters...!

- Feldpost

EDIT: i fully understand the 180° turn when switching the compartment for roomscale reasons (like in 'chair in a room'), but the 90° turn when entering and leaving the bridge? ;)

spec24 03-13-17 06:32 PM

Just saw your game on EA on Steam. Very exciting! Looking forward to playing!

Raven77 03-14-17 04:19 PM

Looks great! Also I sent you a pm. but I dont see it in the sent folder so im going to copy it here just in case

Hello there I came across your game on steam. I was wondering if you needed any voice work done for your game? Narration work for trailers or in game character work etc?
I have attached my demo below, ive done voice work for some indie titles and mods.
If there is any voice work you are needing I will be happy to do a audition line reading to see if I match what you are looking for.
Thanks
Christinasvoice.yolasite.com

Your project looks fantastic.

agathosdaimon 03-14-17 09:22 PM

The game looks great and its got some good feedback so far

I dont have VR - so there is absolutely no way to play this? could you enable it to have keyboard controls for those of us without VR?

THE_MASK 03-16-17 04:01 AM

Maybe some weather effects could be implemented next . Night , Rain/fog .
I notice everyone is talking normal while being pinged . It would be good if you could implement something like , When pinged the players voice decibel level effects detection chance .

Onkel Neal 03-16-17 05:45 AM

:Kaleun_Wink: Very cool! Posted.

Even Sean Connery likes it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR8wcHSvbSU

NightFromTheWest12 03-16-17 10:30 AM

Games like this make me want to get a HTV vive.
Keep up the good work.

Aktungbby 03-16-17 12:03 PM

welcome aboard!

Raven77!:Kaleun_Salute:

PL_Andrev 03-17-17 04:21 PM

Convoy hunting video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbG1amXdTxA&t=332s

THEBERBSTER 03-18-17 05:37 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > ionizedphil & Raven77
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community:salute:

Gwenydd 03-18-17 06:42 AM

question

Any chance this will be Oculus Rift compatible in the future?

THE_MASK 03-18-17 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwenydd (Post 2473469)
Any chance this will be Oculus Rift compatible in the future?

There are comments on the steam forum where people are already playing with Oculus .