SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   SH3 Newbie Guide, FAQs, Tactics & Tips, Links, & other helpful stuff (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=96026)

Jimmyc_1 07-28-17 09:22 PM

Problems

Hi guys, you will be getting sick of me now posting but I have run into a problem. I have tried downloading the grey wolves gold patch and it wont install. I have tried downloading the 2015 version and that also wont install. I have tried looking for the silent hunter 3 patch to 1.4b and cant find that either. I have spent around 4 hours downloading these two mods and looking at how to install them and no luck at all. If anyone can guide me in the right direction please do. By the way I am no IT geek I just like to play, so if anyone can provide me with simple instructions I would be most grateful. Thanks.

Jimmyc_1 07-28-17 11:39 PM

Hi guys, yes its me again. Now the subject of mods, because I play SH3 direct through uplay I'm now getting to understand that I cannot use mods, is this correct. I guess I wasted my money on purchasing the game direct through UBI and not buying the CD. Oh well onwards and upwards.

Jimmyc_1 08-14-17 07:48 AM

Hi guys hopefully someone can help? I have the SH3 dvd trying to install and installshield is coming up with a box asking if I want to repair modify or something else and when I click an option the install closes. I have been trying to install it for weeks now and its getting quite frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

blackswan40 08-14-17 09:03 AM

hi there jimmyc_1

sounds like you still have SH3 Files from a previous install ensure theres no SH3 files on your computer also any SH3 Mods you have unpacked including the Commander Mod even the SH3 folder in your documents folder if that has your campaign career Campaign save copy it to a usb stick then delete it now reinstall SH3 all should be fine run SH3 then it will make a new SH3 folder in your documents for your Campaign
reinstall the Commander Mod
then just delete the new one and replace with SH3 folder on usb stick with your career save on and your good to go
please let me how you get on

THE PRIDE RUNS DEEP AT SUBSIM WE LOOK AFTER OUR OWN :Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna 08-14-17 12:08 PM

Adding to the above: You should also clean out your registry files to ensure all traces of a previous install are eradicated.

John Kurtz 10-11-17 07:26 PM

Donations

Can anyone tell me how to make a donation using a VISA Credit Card and NOT Paypal? Paypal won't let me use their service as I live in a 3d World Basket Case Country. I just love SH3. Am looking forward to Wolves of The Kaiser.:Kaleun_Salute:

Aktungbby 10-12-17 03:26 AM

welcome aboard!

John Kurtz! :Kaleun_Salute:

Murph89 01-04-18 09:53 AM

Hello all, I recently picked up SH3 on steam during the winter sale and done a few of the training scenarios. Now I want to add some mods. I've followed the "steam conversion" instructions by BL!ITZKR!EG. Would the new folder I made for the game files be where I put JSGME to activate mods?

propbeanie 01-04-18 11:25 AM

If I understand you correctly, "yes". JSGME goes in the "root" of you game's directory (folder). ie: "C:\ Games \ Ubisoft \ Silent Hunter 3 ..." (hopefully, you are not still in a Program Files type directory). Once you run JSGME the first time, it will create a "MODS" folder, such that you'll have "C:\ Games \ Ubisoft \ Silent Hunter 3 \ MODS (along with Data and other folders). That MODS folder is where you put the mod(s) that you're going to use.

Lone Wolf 71 09-24-18 08:29 AM

Torpedo Problem

Hi, i've recently started playing the modded version of SH111. The problem i'm having is that after i've used my 3 torpedoes the 2 spare are not reloading, this is frustrating. Any ideas?

VONHARRIS 09-24-18 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Wolf 71 (Post 2569911)
Hi, i've recently started playing the modded version of SH111. The problem i'm having is that after i've used my 3 torpedoes the 2 spare are not reloading, this is frustrating. Any ideas?

Welcome abroad
You have to drag them to an empty slot to reload
Make sure the crew is rested otherwise they wont work to reload the tubes

Use SH3 Commander to avoid crew fatigue

von Zelda 09-24-18 10:45 AM

torpedo reload

Press "I" to bring up the ammunition load out screen. Type II u-boats should begin with torps in 1, 2, & 3 and two additional reloads.

Is auto reload, in the top left hand corner, checked? If yes, the additional reloads should automatically load assuming you have enough sailors in the forward torpedo room.

If unchecked, you must manually click and drag them to a torpedo tube.

Depending on your realism setting and the number of crew in torpedo room, it can take a bit of time for the torpedo to actually move. You'll be able to see the status as it is being moved.

Some or all of this, you may already know but I hope this is helpful.

Sugardust 05-28-19 03:09 PM

Identifying Ships to Sink

Howdy. I'm pretty new and have gotten a hold of most of the game's mechanics so far but one thing I'm having a problem with is knowing what ships I'm actually allowed to sink.

Do I just have to look up online what nations were at war with who at the time? Is there a way in game to know?

hauangua 05-29-19 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugardust (Post 2611840)
Howdy. I'm pretty new and have gotten a hold of most of the game's mechanics so far but one thing I'm having a problem with is knowing what ships I'm actually allowed to sink.

Do I just have to look up online what nations were at war with who at the time? Is there a way in game to know?

Hi Sugardust and welcom to subsim :Kaleun_Salute:
you play with stock game or modded?
If modded ,which your mod list?
in the stock game when you go to the navigation map the enemy ships are colored in red
http://i66.tinypic.com/2nhp2yv.jpg

Sugardust 05-29-19 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2611890)
Hi Sugardust and welcom to subsim :Kaleun_Salute:
you play with stock game or modded?
If modded ,which your mod list?
in the stock game when you go to the navigation map the enemy ships are colored in red

Thanks for helping. Here's my modlist either way.

GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - No Medals on Crew
MFM - Improved
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
MaGui F
MaGui F FIX for GWX3 v3-2017
OLC's Modified Searchlight Beams for GWX3
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi - Single Exhaust for Type II
b25_Louder_Diesels