SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Jimbuna 05-01-18 01:05 PM

Welcome to SubSim elbolcze :salute:

avers 05-02-18 10:33 AM

i just installed TWoS 2.2.5 and i must say i love it and its amazing.

Mud112th 05-03-18 02:05 PM

I have, after a break and dedicated time to my passion of flight sims, gotten into SH5 with TWOS mod. Awesome sim, so thank you so much for that. I have heard horror stories of the unmodded SH5.

I'm facing two little problems though:

1) When I open the map, I cannot zoom or move the map about. After some time I discovered there is a tool open on the map by default with a large transparent area around it. Once I move this tool with its border out of the way, I can operate the map properly. (see screenshot below)

2) On calm sea, doing 9 knots I asked the navigator to give me a celestial nav fix, and after some time he always aborts it due to submerging. But we are nowhere near submerging.

http://www.112th.net/SH5Img@2018-05-03_20.54.04.jpg

Best regards,

Mud

vdr1981 05-03-18 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mud112th (Post 2551773)
I have, after a break and dedicated time to my passion of flight sims, gotten into SH5 with TWOS mod. Awesome sim, so thank you so much for that. I have heard horror stories of the unmodded SH5.

I'm facing two little problems though:

1) When I open the map, I cannot zoom or move the map about. After some time I discovered there is a tool open on the map by default with a large transparent area around it. Once I move this tool with its border out of the way, I can operate the map properly. (see screenshot below)

2) On calm sea, doing 9 knots I asked the navigator to give me a celestial nav fix, and after some time he always aborts it due to submerging. But we are nowhere near submerging.

DO you use any TWoS unrelated mods Mud?

Mud112th 05-03-18 03:32 PM

I do have a deck gun sound mod, and the Equatool by AVM.

But I already had this issue before enabling those mods, right after the clean install. I even did a full clean reinstall. What I have not done yet is redownload TWOS.

My file size of TWOS 2.2.5 is (2.200.077.833 bytes)

vdr1981 05-03-18 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mud112th (Post 2551776)
I do have a deck gun sound mod, and the Equatool by AVM.

Deck gun sound is OK but Equatool is probable causing your problems...

Quote:

Quote:

But I already had this issue before enabling those mods, right after the clean install.

This is hardly possible...

Quote:

My file size of TWOS 2.2.5 is (2.200.077.833 bytes)
Exactly...:yep:

Mud112th 05-04-18 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2551777)
This is hardly possible...

Well, it is still the case. I disabled Equatool because you made me doubt myself now, but the issue persists. :)

The tool shown in my screenshot is also not one present in Equatool. It looks quite different.

One thing that perhaps sets off my setup from most people's is that I have a 1920x1200 screen. I have the aspect ratio fix 8x5 installed.

All in all it's not a major issue. I just move that beginning tool and its area to the side and then everything is working fine. Including Equatool.

The other thing with the navigator interrupting the celestial fix, I never had in the past on calm seas.

Mud112th 05-04-18 02:41 AM

As for the celestial fix, it appears that doing 9 knots may rock the boat a bit more than other speeds.

coro 05-04-18 03:16 PM

bugs? sorry cause i'm newbie

after installing this mods, so far no problem, and by the way thank you, this mod remind me for das boot movie :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up::Kaleun_Applaud:
but after i start new game, i have message for problem for opening new missions, but game can work correctly, any solutions for sove this?

THEBERBSTER 05-04-18 03:41 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > coro
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3-4-5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

avers 05-04-18 08:39 PM

How do i bring up the identification manual in the periscope?

ZorroJusticiero 05-05-18 06:20 AM

Agradecimiento

Muchas gracias por su gran trabajo, necesito saber si el Megamod steel wolves pack Full expansion 2.2 to 2.2.5 se puede descargar directamente AL directorio y si va al gestor de mODS, Y HAY QUE ACTIVAR ALGO . gRACIAS

THEBERBSTER 05-05-18 06:27 AM

Hi avers
You can use the shortcut key E or the Icon.
https://s14.postimg.cc/rl2xgify9/Tog...ility_Icon.png

Peter

fitzcarraldo 05-05-18 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZorroJusticiero (Post 2551906)
Muchas gracias por su gran trabajo, necesito saber si el Megamod steel wolves pack Full expansion 2.2 to 2.2.5 se puede descargar directamente AL directorio y si va al gestor de mODS, Y HAY QUE ACTIVAR ALGO . gRACIAS

Tú debes descargarlo y tiene un installer (exe file). Sigue bien las instrucciones para la configuración final de tus preferencias. Debes tener SH5 con el update 1.2.

Bienvenido a bordo!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

desepticon 05-05-18 09:38 AM

Map Colors

Apparently, you can change the color of the map tools by right clicking them. I tried a few out, but the options I tried don't seem to stand out too well from the map background and are hard to see. Anyone have any suggestions for values that look good?

Also, I've been playing around with the scope filter colors. I found that setting it to white (255,255,255) with an alpha around 20-29, depending on moonlight conditions, greatly improves visibility at night.