SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

palmic 03-25-16 04:47 PM

as i expected, thanks :salute:

Husksubsky 03-25-16 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsier (Post 2392118)
I didn't know that there was a stock command using the same key combination, but I see why you would disable it. Since it's an intentional feature and not a "bug", I'll be happy to work around it :up:

I will probably appreciate it even more once I start playing with real nav, but I decided to play the first campaign on only 60% realism to get used to the basic tactics again and to be able to check my increasingly manual targeting solutions against the TDCs to spot methodical mistakes early. If I learn a wrong method for manual targeting and never hit anything once I start with real nav, I'll never be sure if it's just really bad luck, me not understanding real nav or me making constant mistakes is to blame...

Thanks for your reply and all the work and thought you and your fellow moddes put into this. Without it, SH5 would not be playable.

Regards,
Kelsier

Never give up :salute:
Im not really sure where excactly you struggle, but things can be done simple.
If you hear a closing contact just draw a bearing line from a reference point that can be wherever. Wait six minutes then draw a new bearing line. Then draw a line between the two lines where you think ship goes.
If you think about it you now know a lot about target. Approx speed is already given by hydroguy.
Then start to move in position and plot yourself from reference point and take new readings. Its fun .
Thats just one of many methods. Good hunting

palmic 03-25-16 07:52 PM

Bwahahah, now i sunk Cimarron with Medium class troop transport even they were zigZaging as hell! :arrgh!:

It was salvo of all 4 eels from standing position to 90 degrees target and thx to their zig zag path it really did not result as i wanted, but everyone got 1 torp.

But it was for a price - troop was broken in half by torpedo which was targeted to tanker, tanker got one targeted to its nose (but got it to the middle and was only burning..).
I emerged... And .. the Cimarron started to fire (which was totally unexpected) aaand he injured my navigator..

So now i have to really learn manual celestial navigation :sunny:

Husksubsky 03-25-16 10:32 PM

Is Iceland neutral June 40? port is red. I read that it was invaded by Brits May 40 I think.
I let a freighter pass but it acted like ally and crew recomended it as deckguntarget. Are all countries with red ports ally?
Is it always safe to take crews advice?
Im noob in HT :)

Sjizzle 03-26-16 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husksubsky (Post 2392569)
Is Iceland neutral June 40? port is red. I read that it was invaded by Brits May 40 I think.
I let a freighter pass but it acted like ally and crew recomended it as deckguntarget. Are all countries with red ports ally?
Is it always safe to take crews advice?
Im noob in HT :)

all red ports are ally all blue one are axis .....

Husksubsky 03-26-16 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2392593)
all red ports are ally all blue one are axis .....

Thx :salute:

palmic 03-26-16 07:04 AM

Err .. Is it possible to set to NOT to fix map position after loading the game? :)
My effort to desperately find my position fix without injured navigator are gone after morning coffee because of this :-?

vdr1981 03-26-16 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2392631)
Err .. Is it possible to set to NOT to fix map position after loading the game? :)
My effort to desperately find my position fix without injured navigator are gone after morning coffee because of this :-?

I think you can set that in OFEV, real navigation tab...:hmm2:

Sjizzle 03-26-16 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2392682)
I think you can set that in OFEV, real navigation tab...:hmm2:

yea u can set it from OFEV to not show the naigation fix on the map

palmic 03-26-16 11:25 AM

Nice! This will be totally awesome with saving navigation fixes between sessions via captains log journal! :rock:

vova78 03-26-16 11:36 AM

Bug report: I use Uplay version of game patched to v1.2.0 with TWoS 1.05 - Update No. 08

On the boat Type VIIB with double Flak tower upgrades (as in the screenshot to your forum signature Vecko) the second shooter have wrong animation to sit at the gun. And when you try to remove the crew from Flak cannon using F6 key - CTD (with "Improved 2cm Flak 30", with "2cm Flak 30" no CTD). If you remove the crew from Flak cannon through the Watch Officer (with "Improved 2cm Flak 30") was no CTD.

vdr1981 03-26-16 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vova78 (Post 2392723)
Bug report: I use Uplay version of game patched to v1.2.0 with TWoS 1.05 - Update No. 08

On the boat Type VIIB with double Flak tower upgrades (as in the screenshot to your forum signature Vecko) the second shooter have wrong animation to sit at the gun. And when you try to remove the crew from Flak cannon using F6 key - CTD (with "Improved 2cm Flak 30", with "2cm Flak 30" no CTD). If you remove the crew from Flak cannon through the Watch Officer (with "Improved 2cm Flak 30") was no CTD.

Thanks..:up:Confirmed.
I've probably messed up something with my gunners scrip tweaks for U-FlaK...:hmmm: I'll see what I can do...

vdr1981 03-26-16 01:40 PM

OK Vova, please take this file and extract it to your "data/Scripts/AI/Crew" folder, overwrite all ...This should do the trick...

Good find...:up:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g7...ctions_QR1.rar

EDIT:
Nope, still not good, the crewman sits when sub is equipped with improved 30mm gun...:hmmm:

No CTDs for me however...

Sjizzle 03-26-16 01:42 PM

vecko did u find a map tool what are u looking for.... or u want me to start making one ????

vdr1981 03-26-16 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2392760)
vecko did u find a map tool what are u looking for.... or u want me to start making one ????

No need for that, but thank you anyway! :up:
I'll take one of the gap's tools or one created by me...:yep: