SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

gap 02-24-16 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2384160)
If anyone could sent me to some documentary about german people mentality about ww2 it would be most appreciated, because i realy still dont understand how some people could accept they are part of financing concentrating camps and other parts of nazi germany.

I think this discussion could be long, and it is off topic here, anyway I think the overwhelming majority of the German population of the time was unaware of what was actually going on in concentration camps, but many (maybe most) Germans were manipulated so to think that they were a superior race, and they were happy to look the other way, rather than realizing/admitting the atrocities of their regime.
In their partial defence, we should also note that the same Jews called themselves "God's chosen people", and we should also admit that sadly, even nowadays, the same racist mentality is exploited by many far-right and fondamentalist parties over the word to gain consensus. As we say in Italy, idiots' mother is always pregnant. :nope:

Polak2 02-25-16 12:43 AM

Message deleted

kobiwaldi 02-25-16 02:55 AM

aha... :hmmm: but still wrong topic

Cybermat47 02-25-16 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polak2 (Post 2384216)
It maybe considered off topic, but it is too important to be forgotten or left without any reply or reference:
UTube by Adam Curtis:The Living Dead, E1: On the Desperate Edge of Now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xoM6-1SWl4

Please stay on topic. If you really feel that the video is important, start a topic specifically for it. That way more people will notice it.

gap 02-25-16 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polak2 (Post 2384216)
It maybe considered off topic, but it is too important to be forgotten or left without any reply or reference:
UTube by Adam Curtis:The Living Dead, E1: On the Desperate Edge of Now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xoM6-1SWl4

You don't need to convince me that many atrocities were committed during WWII on both sides and that the Allies, as the winners, were in the best position to hide, minimize or justify their own crimes. At the same time, for many reasons, I feel that nothing compares to the horrors of the Holocaust.

That said, I am sure that the video you are pointing to is well worth watching it, but I think it would fit better in the General Topics section of this forum :yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybermat47 (Post 2384252)
Please stay on topic. If you really feel that the video is important, start a topic specifically for it. That way more people will notice it.

:sign_yeah:

kobiwaldi 02-25-16 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2384149)
Excellent! :up:
But please, be unambiguous and precise in readme documentation. You must stated correctly for which TWoS (+ Update No. xx) version your language pack is intended to...Otherwise, there may be a lot unexpected problems...:yep:

ill try to update it regulary when you release a new update... so... always newest twos version incl. newest update

excel4004 02-25-16 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobiwaldi (Post 2384417)
ill try to update it regulary when you release a new update... so... always newest twos version incl. newest update

:rock:

:subsim:

MCM 02-26-16 02:57 AM

TOP kobiwaldi!!!!

Do you post it here or in the Deutschmod thread?

kobiwaldi 02-26-16 06:28 AM

first in the german subthread. i guess i forgot something and so you will all be invited to test the patch and report bugs :D

i hope i can upload it tommorow

The Mad Asshatter 02-26-16 02:53 PM

I'm loving this mod so far except for one thing: the depth charge sounds. They sound like they were lifted from a movie (background sounds), they end too abruptly, and the audio files seem to suffer from bad clipping. Can anyone point me towards a better depth charge sound mod?

palmic 02-26-16 05:11 PM

Agree, but much worse are depth charges in hydrophone when you escape destroyers. In SH4 you could hear dept charges "throwing" to the water, here you have only "wasser bomben" meme from sound engineer..
So you cannot track escape maneuvers properly.

Sjizzle 02-27-16 02:56 AM

u can import the sh4 wasser bomben sound from SH IV to SH5 .....

vdr1981 02-27-16 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2384721)
Agree, but much worse are depth charges in hydrophone when you escape destroyers. In SH4 you could hear dept charges "throwing" to the water, here you have only "wasser bomben" meme from sound engineer..
So you cannot track escape maneuvers properly.

Haha, you are true hydrophone geek Palmic! :haha::up:

I'm aware about DC exploding sound issues but I dont know much about sound settings...Do you use "realist sound travel speed" option?

kobiwaldi 02-27-16 09:32 AM

German Language Mod :

Ill try to keep it always up-to-date. Usually one day after releasing a new update

German Forum Thread

The Mad Asshatter 02-27-16 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2384759)
u can import the sh4 wasser bomben sound from SH IV to SH5 .....

How would I do this?

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out.