SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

kevinsue 06-02-15 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2318194)
That would be nice:up:...I remember someone told me that WW2 binoculars used by U-uboat crew didn't have any markings.

No problemo, I'll make a little mod up and upload it. I've never come across a set of bino's in my travels that have any scale!:haha:

EDIT: Done it! http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...60#post2318260

THEBERBSTER 06-02-15 02:13 PM

I noticed a couple of things in Shaefer's TWOS video's.

The ships identification icon is still active.

Mine is missing.

This is after he has updated to the patch5 and Hotfix.

Peter

kenz69 06-02-15 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2318210)
I noticed a couple of things in Shaefer's TWOS video's.

The ships identification icon is still active.

Mine is missing.

Peter

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1457

THEBERBSTER 06-02-15 07:00 PM

Thanks Kenz :up:

THEBERBSTER 06-03-15 06:12 PM

Would someone show me the 2 file paths for the OFEV when the main TWOS mod is disabled please?

Does it matter which order they are dome in?

Thanks Peter

kevinsue 06-03-15 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2318564)
Would someone show me the 2 file paths for the OFEV when the main TWOS mod is disabled please?

Thanks Peter

The Options File Editor Viewer should have the same install path whether TWoS is installed or not. From memory I think it will auto prompt for the SH5 Install Path first but it shouldn't really matter. :hmm2:

Entry found: SH5InstallPath=C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
Entry found: LastMenuTXT=C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Menu\menu.txt

vdr1981 06-04-15 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2318564)

Thanks Peter

I'm a bit surprised to hear this question from the guy with so many tutorials under his belt? :)

Of course the path is the same like that mentioned in step 7 ...The only difference is that you have to browse for mentioned files inside MODS/TWoS 1.03 folder... Just treat entire TWoS megamod folder as you would "NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith" folder...Got it?

THEBERBSTER 06-04-15 05:18 AM

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the reply.

Am I right in thinking the OFEV can be enabled either inside TWOS or as a stand alone outside of SH5 by using the same file paths that you showed?

If I change the OFEV settings with the TWOS mods disabled does this keep the changes rather than losing them at a later time if the mods are disabled?

I understand with the Generic File Patcher that the mods need to be enabled before activating the Patcher?

In theory can a stand alone GFP be activated from outside SH5 when used with TWOS?

I realize that the Snapshot gps file included with TWOS is needed.

Peter

kevinsue 06-04-15 05:35 AM

Just a concept

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2318435)
Looking nice!:up:

Tnx:yep: I'm going bonkers trying to jam the entire The Submarine Commanders Handbook into the SOAN. I've got it working if I use the "Additional Info" of one of the other ships files but I'm trying to get it to open in the "Other" category. Trying to assign a Unit number and Class etc is a pain....there are so many other files that have to link. You only need one entry wrong and it disables the entire category and you can't open the manual. :wah: If I could only get it to open in it's own category, I'd go and get pissed! :woot:

Gotta get to the bottlo before it shuts!!!:haha: BBS

http://i60.tinypic.com/4puq0l.jpg

Akula 06-04-15 06:38 AM

A few issues

Hello All

After reading so much good about this mod I decided to give it a go.

I have run into some snags before even starting a patrol. I have checked the installation instructions and I am sure it was all followed to the T.

Firstly I get a user charts box in the middle of the screen. It is blank and contains no information. I cannot minimize it and only drag it around.

Also when I go into the briefing. I cannot exit the briefing screen. I can only select the BlackSea mission. the coastal mission cannot be clicked on and there is a third, which spaws a box in the botton corner of the map so it is half cut off. I cannot get out of the briefing screen at all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
G

Equilax 06-04-15 06:40 AM

Complete mission

I have not understand how to complete the mission "Costal waters" and what happend if the time over? I can't choose a new mission in the bunker, i need to restart a new game or what? Please someone can help?

vdr1981 06-04-15 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akula (Post 2318629)
Hello All

After reading so much good about this mod I decided to give it a go.

I have run into some snags before even starting a patrol. I have checked the installation instructions and I am sure it was all followed to the T.

Firstly I get a user charts box in the middle of the screen. It is blank and contains no information. I cannot minimize it and only drag it around.

Also when I go into the briefing. I cannot exit the briefing screen. I can only select the BlackSea mission. the coastal mission cannot be clicked on and there is a third, which spaws a box in the botton corner of the map so it is half cut off. I cannot get out of the briefing screen at all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
G

Are you using any extra mods on board or have you messed up with .ini files in any way?
Is your game patched to v1.2.0?

vdr1981 06-04-15 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equilax (Post 2318631)
I have not understand how to complete the mission "Costal waters" and what happend if the time over? I can't choose a new mission in the bunker, i need to restart a new game or what? Please someone can help?

What do you actually assume by "completing the mission" ?
Did you restart your campaign after you enabled latest hotfix2?

Equilax 06-04-15 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2318639)
What do you actually assume by "completing the mission" ?
Did you restart your campaign after you enabled latest hotfix2?

Yes i started a new campaign after hotfix2, maybe i just missed the mission target, i sunk about 30 ship but i didn' get any cross and the mission line never advance. Now at 10 dicember and i can't get any new mission from the bunker maybe because i failed The campaign?

vdr1981 06-04-15 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equilax (Post 2318650)
Yes i started a new campaign after hotfix2, maybe i just missed the mission target, i sunk about 30 ship but i didn' get any cross and the mission line never advance. Now at 10 dicember and i can't get any new mission from the bunker maybe because i failed The campaign?

What mission line? Tonnage bar maybe? Small crosses are disabled also because they don't mean anything for campaign progress and individual macro objectives. Show me your Campaign.cfg file from your latest gamesave so I could see exactly what is going on with your campaign and in the mean time you can check readme documentation for No stupid tonnage bar-free style campaign OHII addon...