SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Nemesis Bosseret 04-16-18 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mechac (Post 2549692)
If its case, i doubt they surface again with so many holes in hull from my deck gun.
I had it in Log feed as sunk, but not in patrol tons. I tried make screenshot but game have no focus in Windows for some reason.

it could just be a glitch. but from my experience a deck gun wont sink them. ur shooting at a metal object with a meter thick hull. its not paper like surface ships its actually very very thick hulled so if anything ur just bouncing rounds off of it. you need to rupture the hull with explosives/pressure of water or armor piercing rounds and then flooding etc. subs are incredibly hard to sink thru conventional means

Cylon54 04-17-18 01:08 AM

clean install

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis Bosseret (Post 2549671)
Definitly not normal. Ive gotten warship tonnage before from both brit and polish subs i just updated to 2.2.5 this weekend ill test it out and see if i can find a sub. chances are you didnt sink it and she just dived.

Sorry to but in here, but,, do you know how or what a "clean" install entails, i am trying to update too tws2.2.5..or point me where i my find solution?
i have searched and all i find is "do a clean install" and me being some what ignorant of fact.. thanks :Kaleun_Wink:

Nemesis Bosseret 04-17-18 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cylon54 (Post 2549727)
Sorry to but in here, but,, do you know how or what a "clean" install entails, i am trying to update too tws2.2.5..or point me where i my find solution?
i have searched and all i find is "do a clean install" and me being some what ignorant of fact.. thanks :Kaleun_Wink:

Clean install means no mods have touched that version of SH5 or whatever ur modding. Previous saved games from vanala probably won't work and if they do more than likely buggy beyond playable

Cylon54 04-17-18 03:25 AM

sooo, if i am upgrading from 1.06 too 2.2.5 , all that is required... delete sh5 from programs, (without deleting saved games), reinstall, then run tws 2.2.5.. {don't know what vanala is}

vdr1981 04-17-18 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cylon54 (Post 2549735)
sooo, if i am upgrading from 1.06 too 2.2.5 , all that is required... delete sh5 from programs, (without deleting saved games), reinstall, then run tws 2.2.5.. {don't know what vanala is}

Delete the savegames as well and check install instructions.

fitzcarraldo 04-17-18 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mttmrc89 (Post 2549498)
Yes..10.700... Trained 74/100..

I don't know if it is enough for a VIIC in Mare Nostrum. I made MN (chronologically) with a VIIC but I have more than 15.000...

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

adrians69 04-17-18 12:46 PM

I've been away from SH5 for a while, but it's great to see that this mudpack is still being updated. Great work to Vecko and all the modders who made this possible!

:sunny:

Nemesis Bosseret 04-17-18 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2549740)
Delete the savegames as well and check install instructions.

VDR1981 got a question overlord started a new game because figured my old is corrupted and need to delete my old saves etc but noticed on new run that the very first mission is giving me the Object# title for missions is this just a glitch with the first mission or should i delete and try again on my install?

the mission im refering to is the mine layer mission for the attack of poland. just wanna make sure im starting off glitch free.... also noticed the patcher no longer has directions so i might of goofed that up a bit.

palmic 04-18-18 08:27 AM

Ugh, is KSD dead now?
http://prntscr.com/j6wegn

fitzcarraldo 04-18-18 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2549924)
Ugh, is KSD dead now?
http://prntscr.com/j6wegn

It works offline.
Your record will be registered. No registry of others subsimmers. But all the other functions work fine offline.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

excel4004 04-18-18 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2549926)
It works offline.
Your record will be registered. No registry of others subsimmers. But all the other functions work fine offline.

Regards.

"Its not fine", a great important online tool is gone! :wah::wah:

Hope somedays Vecko will be able to reactivate that! :ping:

fitzcarraldo 04-18-18 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2549953)
"Its not fine", a great important online tool is gone! :wah::wah:

Hope somedays Vecko will be able to reactivate that! :ping:

I think it is not Vecko who could do it.

Regards.

HW3 04-19-18 12:37 AM

The KSD program was made by Warham, not Vecko. It would be up to Warham to fix it/get it back on line.

palmic 04-19-18 06:43 AM

K. thanks :)

Demon777 04-20-18 11:18 AM

in my opinion, TWoS is one of the best modpacks for SH5 ever. I'd like to express my respect to the author and all the people who helped to make TWoS reliable and updated! Guys, you've done amazing job!!

Currently I'm using TWoS with updated language pack v2.0.9, and the only mods I'd like to install above are sound ones (Das Boot theme, etc.) and some minor graphical changes (color corrections and window lights). I didn't view the Museum yet to check if Cerberus62 additional ships (auxiliary cruisers and some freighters) are included in TWoS?? If not, may I add them without critical impact to TWoS stability?

vdr1981 04-21-18 03:04 AM

Hey Wolves! :salute:
Does anyone have a theory why TWoS full installers always have approximately
2-3 times more downloads than the appropriate update? :hmmm: Opposite would be more logical in my opinion...

palmic 04-21-18 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2550303)
2-3 times more downloads than the appropriate update? :hmmm: Opposite would be more logical in my opinion...

Because people dont know how really installation works and they fear of complications during installations.

fitzcarraldo 04-21-18 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2550303)

Easy install?

New subsimmers with SH5?

Another site is publishing your mod?

Cuts in the downloads? MF counts the downloads , completed or failed.

(I downloaded the updates, ever).

Regards.

HW3 04-21-18 08:45 AM

This probably won't answer your question but, I occasionally download the full installer to make for an easier reinstall of SH5, if and or when I need to do that.

Propnut17 04-22-18 04:51 AM

In my case I take the same route as HW3 when it comes to updates and full version upgrades. Even though I am able to enjoy my days on pension, I am not able to spend enough of the relaxing hours behind the SH5 screen as I would like.

Whoever said that you would have too much spare time on your hands when on pension needs to undergo a serious medical examination. :har: