SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Tonci87 10-29-18 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybermat47 (Post 2574775)
It should be “you may lose your sub” :salute:

Oh yeah, you are right, it´s lose, not loose

vdr1981 10-29-18 03:18 PM

Thanks guys for your help. :yep:

I'll try to upload the JSGME ready test version with a rough change log and some notes so you can be aware on what to pay attention while testing. :yep:

I also edited a lot of descriptions of crew's active and passive abilities so some grammatical checks may be needed there as well... :yep:

THEBERBSTER 10-29-18 03:18 PM

Nice work Vecko as always.:Kaleun_Applaud:
Peter

fitzcarraldo 10-29-18 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2574787)

I'll try to upload the JSGME ready test version with a rough change log and some notes so you can be aware on what to pay attention while testing. :yep:

I also edited a lot of descriptions of crew's active and passive abilities so some grammatical checks may be needed there as well... :yep:

Ready to test, Herr Kommandant.:Kaleun_Salute:

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Fifi 10-29-18 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2574787)

It’s gonna be activable while in patrol, or in bunker?

vdr1981 10-29-18 06:46 PM

Here are the files...http://www.mediafire.com/file/cr1a32...er+testing.rar

JSGME ready, enable it first in your JSGME list and then other TWoS optional addons. The test patch is only for TWoS v2.2.8!

Please check crew's new passive and active abilities and their descriptions.
Are they understandable enough? Typo and grammatical errors?
Moral costs?
Crew response when no moral left (previously "cannot comply" ect)?

New torpedo man active abilities? Test them and tell me what you think.

Turn on/off hydrophone and WO reports, any problems there?

Should I rename all "Morale" references to "Motivation" ? That would make sense IMO.

Crew efficiency bars?

Any proposition regarding previously mentioned stuff?

The patch can be activated anytime although it wont work properly in your current campaign (there will be a lot of missing stuff which require new campaign).

It should be tested in historical missions and new campaign.

Happy hunt...testing!:)

Sapper90 10-29-18 07:37 PM

[QUOTE=Fifi;2574734]Yes have the same here...but not always and more in the sun reflection. guess it’s an Nvidia glitch, even with latest drivers

How bad are you getting it? I'm getting it during the night and day.

I'm using AMD, latest drivers, 1920x1080. Clean install, TWOS, with real navigation and the Enigma addon used, everything else seems to be working fine. It seems to happen to most when looking out at 230-320 degrees and 40-110 degrees or there about, it is making the game unplayable, sometimes when I'm trying to spot a ship it just shakes like crazy like my Captains having a fit or something. I've tried disabling v-sync, windowed mode, all the graphics options, different Windows compatibility's and enabling/disabling dpi scaling behaviour with no success.

Fifi 10-30-18 01:52 AM

Thanks Vecko for your SH5 dedication, will try the test mod :up:

Sapper, i don’t get it that bad it seems...and it’s not always.
But sometimes looking with binoculars at a ship in fire, it is flickering. Same for looking at sun reflection on sea.
It’s still playable though. To me, it’s an Nvidia issue.

Fifi 10-30-18 02:25 AM

Vecko, i can’t open it with winzip :hmmm:

Is it made like an usual mod, or did i miss something?

Cybermat47 10-30-18 02:42 AM

Here are some suggestions:

Ability PRESSURE HULL CRITICAL SPOTS
Thanks to his years of experience, the chief knows just how deep the boat can really go.

Ability MANEUVERING
Experienced helmsmen can react to your orders faster and start turning the boat immediately.

Ability EMERGENCY BOSUN Intervention
The bosun’s short-term “corrective” measures. (The rest of the text is perfect).

Ability SPECIAL MEAL
(Should read “Olaf”, not “Dieter”).

Ability WATCH CREW
An experienced watch crew will be more effective at spotting targets, and will identify them faster and with more confidence.

Ability DIRECTION FINDER - HYDROPHONE
I suggest you change this one to
Ability EXPERIENCED SOUNDMAN
An experienced hydrophone operator can pick up contacts faster, due to his familiarity with sound contacts.

Ability SKILLED RADIO OPERATOR
An experienced radio operator can accurately guess the speed and course of RDF contacts.

Ability SKILLED TELEGRAPHIST
(All text is fine except for the following suggested correction) ... lowering the chance of radio messages being intercepted and triangulated by Allied forces.

Also, I noticed that the torpedo pre-heat ability has gone. Are you planning to have the TII’s performance at 30 knots at 5km by default in the next release, or is the “torpedo maintenance” ability the new way of getting that performance?

Personally, I think that having the 30 knots at 5km performance makes the most sense, while the torpedo maintenance should make the torpedoes less likely to be duds.

Or perhaps this: there’s a ten percent chance (just as an example) that a torpedo will have 100m less range than normal, but upgrading the torpedo maintenance ability reduces that chance, as well as reducing the chance of a dud.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2574841)
Vecko, i can’t open it with winzip :hmmm:

Is it made like an usual mod, or did i miss something?

It didn’t work with WinRAR for me, but 7Zip worked perfectly.

Sjizzle 10-30-18 11:34 AM

i have only 1 word to say

WoW

u did a really great job with this mega mod Vecko... in a few days must arrive my new PC and then i will start to make some How to streams and youtube videos if vecko agree with that :)

Muckenberg 10-30-18 03:00 PM

Hello
I would say that it does not work properly to place a torpedo out of the deck into a submarine. The crew was unable to store the torpedo for 24 hours.
Otherwise, I must say that you are really a magician VECKO.:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 10-30-18 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2574906)
Hello
I would say that it does not work properly to place a torpedo out of the deck into a submarine. The crew was unable to store the torpedo for 24 hours.
Otherwise, I must say that you are really a magician VECKO.:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:

It works for me...:hmmm: Tested in your current or a new campaign?

Muckenberg 10-30-18 03:32 PM

to your current campaign.

vdr1981 10-30-18 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2574915)
to your current campaign.

That's OK then...The update will not be gamesave compatible anyway.