SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

XenonSurf 07-19-18 07:15 AM

With the replacement sh5.exe he should succeed to install TWoS and run fine because going successfully through the TDW Generic Patcher. He must just replace sh5.exe BEFORE starting installing TWoS, AND NOT AFTER (most likely reason why he gets his 'black square').

XenonSurf 07-19-18 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2561937)
@XenonSurf
Steam is not the issue here. What is the point of telling the man to install TDW New UIs mod when he clearly states that he can not run it from some reason? Please be more concentrated before you make a post...

Really, did he state that he cannot run TDW_7.4.2? My English must low life...:hmmm:

THEBERBSTER 07-19-18 11:02 AM

Hi XS
Quote:

NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_TheDarkWraith_Test_Version_18.7 (ask for a link, because I cannot remember where to DL).
Its all in my tutorials.

If in doubt check it out.
Post #7 TDW's NewUi 7-5-0 version 18 Installing It Correctly > Pictorial > Includes Download Link > Missing pictures replaced
Peter

RustenSKE 07-19-18 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2561937)
I saw this before but I really can not pinpoint the exact cause. :hmmm:
From some reason you don't have full administration rights over your installation folder because TDWNewUIs also needs to create and modify files once the game is started, which in your case is not possible.
Could be some of your system settings or maybe an install location which your system doesn't "like", user account control...
Can you confirmed that you haven't simply copy/paste your installation folder around?
Can you change you default install location, install the game on a different drive maybe?

@XenonSurf
Steam is not the issue here. What is the point of telling the man to install TDW New UIs mod when he clearly states that he can not run it from some reason? Please be more concentrated before you make a post...

i will try all of the above.

BUT i just took a look at the admin rights and EVERY time i go BACK a folder into the /common from /common/Silent Hunter 5 the damn write protection box is checked off again !

smells like it actually could be a windows problem!

hauangua 07-19-18 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustenSKE (Post 2561999)
i will try all of the above.

BUT i just took a look at the admin rights and EVERY time i go BACK a folder into the /common from /common/Silent Hunter 5 the damn write protection box is checked off again !

smells like it actually could be a windows problem!

Hi RustenSKE
in which folder did you install steam?
can you take screenshots of the SH5 file path?
:salute:

RustenSKE 07-20-18 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2562070)
Hi RustenSKE
in which folder did you install steam?
can you take screenshots of the SH5 file path?
:salute:

https://imgur.com/a/AZUPeOZ

looks like its individual files that are read only even though i unchecked the box.

i tried installing open horizons 2.5 and it installed fine, but i cant get this working for some reason, is it possible to manually unpack and place the needed files ?

XenonSurf 07-21-18 01:47 PM

@RustenSKE,

If it's a Windows problem, best thing to do is to ask question in the main SH5 forum (not here); which OS do you run? Publish your exact computer specs and OS version and ask a player that uses Steam and the same OS as you and who plays without problems, ask him how he did install game + TWoS.
I know for sure there are such Steam players. I can not help you further because I play in Win7 without Steam. Have you already posted similar question in the Steam forum for SH5? This would be the prime place to get exact procedure for installing.

[EDIT]
During the install of SH5, the following is included in the install package and should not be skipped:

- Net Framework 2.0
- DirectX installation (DO IT because SH5 will need these files, even if it's an older version of DX)
- Visual C++ runtimes 2008

Check if you have all this installed, if not this may causes the glitches you mention.

Also make use of the 'Search' here in the forums; you can set the search to look for titles only which should get you what you want easier.

andy170886 07-21-18 05:48 PM

i dont understand

hey, i dont understand how to use the tdc, all my torpedos miss the target or go wrong way, and nobodys done a decent tutorial at all, plus when i put to auto that doesnt work either

ive given up with this mod, no decent instructions at all, even the buttons for plotting a solution doesnt work

ill stick to the original game since i know how to play it

vdr1981 07-21-18 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy170886 (Post 2562315)

Good choice mate! :yep:
Happy (bug) hunting! :up::salute:

XenonSurf 07-21-18 07:15 PM

Quote:

hey, i dont understand how to use the tdc, all my torpedos miss the target or go wrong way, and nobodys done a decent tutorial at all, plus when i put to auto that doesnt work either

ive given up with this mod, no decent instructions at all, even the buttons for plotting a solution doesnt work

First you need to decide if you play easy or realistic which is Auto TDC or Manual TDC. You set the appropriate option while in the bunker if you play campaign (ESC - Options - Game Options) or access the options in the main menu if you play historical missions.

Auto TDC goes like this:
You lock target , then you unlock target. This feeds the TDC. Now you can fire making the final aim with the mouse. Just load the single mission 'TDW Torp Tutorial' to train it.
It's true that the mission designer could have put this in the mission description...but he didn't - he was too busy elsewhere to make bug corrections for the game. But once you know you are welcome to write a tutorial :03:

Manual TDC:
I let another guy explain you this,....or watch one of the tons of tutorial videos..:D

THEBERBSTER 07-22-18 02:56 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > andy170886
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Post #146 Auto TDC Targeting Without Using 3 Circles > Pictorial > Missing pictures replaced

Quote:

Bug, bug, bug, buggedy, bug.

Captain_AJ 07-22-18 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2562326)
First you need to decide if you play easy or realistic which is Auto TDC or Manual TDC. You set the appropriate option while in the bunker if you play campaign (ESC - Options - Game Options) or access the options in the main menu if you play historical missions.

Auto TDC goes like this:
You lock target , then you unlock target. This feeds the TDC. Now you can fire making the final aim with the mouse. Just load the single mission 'TDW Torp Tutorial' to train it.
It's true that the mission designer could have put this in the mission description...but he didn't - he was too busy elsewhere to make bug corrections for the game. But once you know you are welcome to write a tutorial :03:

Manual TDC:
I let another guy explain you this,....or watch one of the tons of tutorial videos..:D

The most awesome thing about this Sub sim called SH5 and TWOS is that the choices of difficulty you choose to play. will perhaps take away some of the Immersion factors of the game. better explained in this. I play at 100 %. no map contact update's, no auto-targeting. no external views. So why do I play like this? It is me being human and I can make errors in calculations. I can guess by the information given in the sim Sonar guy. I can use mathematical calculations and use tools that are given in the game. like Rafob. the attack disk. I can use methods like kliegs methods of hydro hunting. I can use stoaims method of finding distant convoys. SO why wouldn't anyone else play at 100%? If you are not playing at this level than you are missing the ouu and the awws of making decisions as a skipper of your boat. the learning curve is steep, But so well worth it :Kaleun_Salute:

Captain_AJ 07-22-18 10:20 AM

Quote:

hey, i dont understand how to use the tdc, all my torpedos miss the target or go wrong way, and nobody's done a decent tutorial at all, plus when i put to auto that doesnt work either

ive given up with this mod, no decent instructions at all, even the buttons for plotting a solution doesn't work

So Sorry to read this. you are missing a lot. if only you take time to learn a few concepts than it would all make sense :D

vdr1981 07-22-18 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_AJ (Post 2562378)
So Sorry to read this. you are missing a lot. if only you take time to learn a few concepts than it would all make sense :D

Save your breath (and keyboards) guys. He is probably gone for good anyway. :yep:
Not all people are "Simulations" material. The Wolves are made for "gaming intellectuals" after all, if I may say so...:)

XenonSurf 07-22-18 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2562380)
Save your breath (and keyboards) guys. He is probably gone for good anyway. :yep:
Not all people are "Simulations" material. The Wolves are made for "gaming intellectuals" after all, if I may say so...:)

It's really tough to read posts like andy's one, but don't let this discourage you, Vecko, we all know the lot of quality work you put in TWoS :up: