SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

fitzcarraldo 06-24-17 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HW3 (Post 2494567)
Thank you Les!
:Kaleun_Salute:

+ 1. interesting document.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Lestart44 06-25-17 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2494517)
Hi les
Each update contains a folder called 'Documentation' in it you will find a text document.
The text document notepad will tell you exactly what the procedure is.
In most cases you can enable the update while still at sea, but not always, which is why EVERYBODY should be looking at Vecko's instructions which are not there for the fun of it.

The Wolves of Steel 2.0.0
The Wolves of Steel 2.0.4 Update
[other optional TWoS 2.x.x mods/addons]

* Enable the update in port or patrol and continue your campaign.
* Update 2.0.4 containes changes from all previous updates.You can remove/delete previous update(s) from your JSGME.
* Some changes from v2.0.1 Update require campaign restart in order to be correctly activated. Otherwise, you may end up with somewhat messed up submarine/crew performances in your current campaign play trough ( increased batt. discharge/recharge times, old crew abilities bonuses) until you receive new U-Boat offer and move to the next campaign chapter at which point the game will "fix" it self. If you aren't annoyed by this fact, you are free to continue your current career since no other issues are to be expected.

Peter

thank You THEBERBSTER so i will just update my game from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4
when I'm in the port and i will continue my career than :) :Kaleun_Salute:
And a big thanks to Vecko for the update :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Savage117 06-25-17 03:43 PM

Better underwater visibility

Hello subsimmers,

Just popping in to ask a quick question concerning this mod.

I would like to improve the underwater visibility of the mod for eye candy and screen shot purposes. As it is now the only thing I can see on the event camera is murky water and maybe the tail end of a fired torpedo.

I can't seem to find a better underwater visibility option for this mod, nor any documentation on how to do it, so I have come here. I am assuming it will require some config modding and such but I have no idea what configs to alter to get the effect im looking for. Im kinda looking for something close to stock visibility. I don't mind the color changes and the murkyness changes that the Dynamic Environments mod adds to the this mod, they are just a little too intense for my liking.

On a side note, such visibility restrictions are usually only found in shallow water or stormy seas, without those two factors you can sometimes see up to 30 meters or more.

Thank you very much for this mod vdr1981, it has made sh5 playable again in my opinion, I even bought a non-steam copy just to play with this mod, and it was well worth it. :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

THEBERBSTER 06-25-17 03:53 PM

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community And TWOS> Savage117
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community:salute:

Post #170 How To Improve Underwater Visibility

Skvid 06-25-17 06:15 PM

Game was running fine until i tried to start a tutorial on 90degree attack, i think it was one of the modded in tutorials that came with the pack, and not a vanilla one. Now the game will not start, i get ubisoft logo and wolves of steel load screen, after which screen just goes and stays black.

Im gonna try to re-enable the mod, hope i dont need to reinstall the whole game...

P.S Thanks for making this modpack easy to setup and play.

Skvid 06-25-17 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skvid (Post 2494939)
Game was running fine until i tried to start a tutorial on 90degree attack, i think it was one of the modded in tutorials that came with the pack, and not a vanilla one. Now the game will not start, i get ubisoft logo and wolves of steel load screen, after which screen just goes and stays black.

Im gonna try to re-enable the mod, hope i dont need to reinstall the whole game...

P.S Thanks for making this modpack easy to setup and play.

Got it to work again, i just had to wait a bit longer for it to load ;s

Anyway i cant seem to plot a course, my navigator has those options grayed out, is that intended?

THEBERBSTER 06-26-17 04:48 AM

Hi Skvid
The navigator will only plot your position on the map.
You need to plot your course by using the ruler.
Your boat is not shown on the maps if the real navigation mod is enabled.
When real navigation is not enabled you will see your boat on the map and you can use way points to plot your course.
Peter

Skvid 06-26-17 05:27 PM

I have real navigation enabled. The navigator can only calculate our position, the course plotting option is always grayed out.

Which is a pain when i need to maneuver through shallow straits (ie around denmark) because i need to constantly eyeball the shores.

Also i know that this mod is going for realism, but the nights never get that dark with the 70% of the moon being visible during clear skies ;s I cant even get the XO dialogue (space) in the middle of the night to enter mast height into tdc, even though im likely less than 2km from target

Faamecanic 06-26-17 07:21 PM

Just returning to Subsim and see this Gem. Last time I played SH5 was with OH II.

Thanks for all you modders do! Was a HUGE GWX fan back in the day so Im looking forward to TWOS (understand it isn't a complete rework as GWX was..but damn it looks close)!

:salute: :subsim:

Aktungbby 06-26-17 08:52 PM

welcome back!

Faamecanic!:Kaleun_Salute:after five years silent running!

Faamecanic 06-26-17 09:14 PM

Yes ...been a LONG time. Just watched Das Boot this weekend and got it by the bug again to sail in my Iron Coffin!

Just sailed out on my first patrol from Memel: man I feel like a complete newbie!

THEBERBSTER 06-27-17 03:38 AM

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community And To TWOS Faamecanic
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community:salute:

fitzcarraldo 06-27-17 05:53 PM

Welcome back to SUBSIM, Faamecanic :Kaleun_Cheers::Kaleun_Cheers::Kaleun_Cheers:

Enjoy!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Faamecanic 06-27-17 07:00 PM

Thanks Fitz and Berbster :salute:

Quick question...when I go to my Sub Management screen..part of it is in German and some of it in English. Is this normal??

vdr1981 06-27-17 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faamecanic (Post 2495574)
Thanks Fitz and Berbster :salute:

Quick question...when I go to my Sub Management screen..part of it is in German and some of it in English. Is this normal??

Yes, equipment names names are in German but detailed descriptions bellow are still in English...:yep: