SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

bart 11-29-16 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silamon (Post 2449322)
There are no subtitles...?
I don't speak german :timeout:

I don't either, but the German voices do add to the immersion of the game in a BIG way I think, and I soon picked up what the crew were saying.

WoS is an awesome mod pack. :up:

vdr1981 11-29-16 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silamon (Post 2449322)
There are no subtitles...?
I don't speak german :timeout:

Me too...All necessary inputs(translation ) will be shown in your message box anyway...

TheBeast 11-29-16 03:26 PM

Localization

Because I don't speak German, I found it difficult to determine what Equipment to repair first on the Damage Control screens.

Would it be possible to have the Damage Control Screens use UPCLocalization.tsr for Equipment text, Names and Descriptions?

That would make translation to different Languages much easier. Due to many requests, this is one of the items I am focusing on in EUF v2.0 MOD.

I like the German Voices as well. I keep the English voices for some things but everything else is in German.
Actually, the German voice files are more complete as English is missing many voice sound samples. I just do a copy/paste and tell it to skip on replacing files.
-=[EDIT]=-
BTW, I am adding TWOS specific Equipment used in TWOS Damage Control screens to the Equipment.UPC in EUF v2.0
It will have no impact for people not running TWOS.

vdr1981 11-29-16 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 2449361)
Because I don't speak German, I found it difficult to determine what Equipment to repair first on the Damage Control screens.

Would it be possible to have the Damage Control Screens use UPCLocalization.tsr for Equipment text, Names and Descriptions?

That would make translation to different Languages much easier. Due to many requests, this is one of the items I am focusing on in EUF v2.0 MOD.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but back then when I was working on upcge files , it was easier for me to edit equipment names directly in them...It is on my "to do" list but since these changes would require carrier restart to be actually visible in the campaign, I'll postpone them for a while.

Note that "Tech. description" area is still in English...:yep: Unfortunately, in SH5 you can't prioritize repairs like in SH4/3. All systems are repaired at the same time by the rates stated in Equipment.upc file...:nope:

Quote:

-=[EDIT]=-
BTW, I am adding TWOS specific Equipment used in TWOS Damage Control screens to the Equipment.UPC in EUF v2.0
It will have no impact for people not running TWOS.
:up:

kevinsue 11-29-16 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2449277)
You should install game in English and then chose "German voices" in custom installation options../
But I'm not sure does Amason version actually have "german voices"...:hmmm:
If not, just install game in English and we'll prepare one "german voices patch" for you and other Amason users (actually , I think that Kevinsue already has mod for this)...

G'day Vecko, here is the link to the English voices if you wish to use them. I can't remember if I made it JSGME compatible without downloading it again :doh:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kwubay...ish_Voices.zip

kevinsue 11-29-16 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2449246)
Kevin, can you please take this file and try to reproduce any of your critical damage issues (with your modlist)? :hmmm:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xbdl7rd54i4lql2/Zones.rar

No worries :up: Might be a day or two before I get a chance but I'll let you know the results.

TheBeast 11-29-16 11:36 PM

Dead Weight

I just found something while poking around in the Campaign's.

There are MANY files that are identical duplicates (Common) in each Campaign like Harbors.mis for example.
I used WinMerge to verify that all these files were identical. (A lot of dead weight and not to mention keeping them in sync)

I edited my data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Total_Germany.pj file and made the following changes.

[Layer21]
LayerType=0
MissionName=..\Common\Harbors

[Layer22]
LayerType=0
MissionName=..\Common\ScriptedPortPlanes

Mission Editor 2 was able to successfully load those files for the total Total_Germany Campaign from the Common Campaign without any errors.

Using TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0 I have the option enbled to show all game messages and there were no error's while starting the game.

I started a new Career and the Buoy's and Scripted Planes were working in Total_Germany Campaign.

Removing all those Duplicated files would greatly reduce TWOS MOD size (disk space footprint) making it a faster download etc.

This is a easy change to all Campaign Project (.pj) files that can be tested/verified quickly.:ping:

-=[EDIT]=-
Here is some more info on a test I am running now.

I made a test MOD that installs/removes campaign files.
Alls the files REMOVED_ are changed in the Total_Germany.pj to be read from the Common Campaign folder and game is running fine.
TDW Validator reports 2 Campaign errors, One for Monsun_Gruppe and one for Turning_Point. These 2 empty Campaign folders were added by EMCCD Mod and not related to this test.
Test performed on Stock Campaign other then my changes for test and NewUIs_0_7_4_2

data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Total_Germany.pj
data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Common\Common.mis
data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Common\Harbors.mis
data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Common\ScriptedPor tPlanes.mis
data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Common\ScriptedPor tPlanes.tsr
data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Total_Germany\Camp aign.tsr
data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Total_Germany\REMO VE_Airbases.mis
data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Total_Germany\REMO VE_Common.mis
data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Total_Germany\REMO VE_Convoys.mis
data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Total_Germany\REMO VE_LocationNames.mis
data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Total_Germany\REMO VE_Ocean_liners.mis
data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Total_Germany\REMO VE_PoliticalTerritory1939.mis
data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Total_Germany\REMO VE_Taskforces.mis
data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Total_Germany\Tota l_Germany_OBJ.mis

Added Buoys, Graf Zepplin and Tub_Z required for Harbors.mis
Added the Me-262 and Go-229B required for ScriptedPortPlanes.mis

Regards!
TheBeast

tontopico 11-30-16 05:16 AM

Cannot lock target on periscope depth

AYE!

I am patrolling Danzig Bay area and have 6 enemy warships on visual range, (less than 3 km away) but I canīt lock target using attack periscope, (i press space bar and nothing happens) however it works with UZO.

I dont know if this is related but sometimes ships seem deeper in the water than it should be.

This is my mod list:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06
The Wolves of Steel 1.06_Update 02
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Encrypted BdU Orders
5. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Wind & Smoke addon

Anyway TWoS is awesome,:yep: great job guys!!!

vdr1981 11-30-16 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 2449466)
I just found something while poking around in the Campaign's.

There are MANY files that are identical duplicates (Common) in each Campaign like Harbors.mis for example.
I used WinMerge to verify that all these files were identical. (A lot of dead weight and not to mention keeping them in sync)

I edited my data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Total_Germany.pj file and made the following changes.

[Layer21]
LayerType=0
MissionName=..\Common\Harbors

[Layer22]
LayerType=0
MissionName=..\Common\ScriptedPortPlanes

Interesting suggestion indeed...I could really get rid of some duplicated campaign layers although I can remember that some differences in certain campaign layers with a same name are intentional and necessary...I'll take a look at it...:yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tontopico (Post 2449481)
AYE!

I am patrolling Danzig Bay area and have 6 enemy warships on visual range, (less than 3 km away) but I canīt lock target using attack periscope, (i press space bar and nothing happens) however it works with UZO.

I dont know if this is related but sometimes ships seem deeper in the water than it should be.

This is my mod list:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06
The Wolves of Steel 1.06_Update 02
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Encrypted BdU Orders
5. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Wind & Smoke addon

Anyway TWoS is awesome,:yep: great job guys!!!

You haven't enable the update properly, you should check update's install instructions once again...:yep: Just treat it like any other JSGME compatible mod...

THEBERBSTER 11-30-16 07:04 AM

Hi tontopico
Uzo is x 7 magnification
Attack scope is x 6 magnification
The further ships are away the deeper they will sit and you will see less of them.
Peter

tontopico 11-30-16 07:12 AM

Quote:

You haven't enable the update properly, you should check update's install instructions once again... Just treat it like any other JSGME compatible mod...
Ok Vecko Iīll do as you say

Quote:

Hi tontopico
Uzo is x 7 magnification
Attack scope is x 6 magnification
The further ships are away the deeper they will sit and you will see less of them.
Peter

Thank you for your clarification Peter!

vdr1981 11-30-16 04:15 PM

Juts a note to users of my Zones.cfg_ optional addons that updated versions of these mods can be found on my mediafire page...:yep: Make sure to grab them...

Check here for few more TWoS 1.06 compatible and tested mods

astradeus 12-02-16 10:29 AM

Hello, thank you for this mod. I have a problem displaying with boards. A black screen for each. The system manual also seems to be fixed on a single ship image. I use a French translation of your mod. I check it is not the cause of the problem. Thank you for your help

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...6-11-00-81.png

vdr1981 12-02-16 12:34 PM

Modlist? Use JSGME export modlist function...

astradeus 12-02-16 01:11 PM

Thank you for your help . I have tested with and without (The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - 8x5 Resolution Patch ) But the problem of displaying the boards remains the same.
https://mega.nz/#!3ItRwSrY!YcjXT4gl1...Hd3-gvYHWOCaT0