SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 05-12-14 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oLe2 (Post 2206196)
I am but experiencing trouble with that sonar guy, who when submerged tends to give a totally annoying endless series of passive sonar reports.
When i then ask him to give a report of the nearest contact he reports that there is none.

The only solution for this issue is to remove "*The Wolves of Steel 1.01 - Tscharlii's Realistic_Hydrophone_1_1 _7_4_2"
The mod is unfinished and very buggy...
Quote:

Originally Posted by oLe2 (Post 2206196)
Also in the mission of scapa flow i sunk 2 large warships with the large group of destroyers around being totally passive which seemed quite strange to me ...

Known issue due to "docked" status of AI unit. Trevally decided to place docked destroyers in various ports after all but their purpose is just "cosmetical", nothing more...Thats why I stopped to make any harbor raids at all, long time ago. I suggest you to do the same...

Could you describe your CTD in a bit more details please? It happen at the end of patrol, right? How far away from Kiel you were when CTD strucked? How much simulation time have been passed between reaching Kiel and last game save/reload?

Roberbond 05-12-14 09:39 AM

fantastic mod. thanks!

oLe2 05-12-14 10:52 AM

thanks for the suggestions, i will try remove that hydrophone mod.

Quote:

Could you describe your CTD in a bit more details please? It happen at the end of patrol, right? How far away from Kiel you were when CTD strucked? How much simulation time have been passed between reaching Kiel and last game save/reload?
When i returned to kiel after the first mission in danzig bay i found that i was quite too fast and didnt have any further missions to select in briefing.
I saved in bunker and first started a new patrol without having chosen a mission. I started in Kiel, went to scapa flow and was critically hit by an airplane some 100 nm east of scapa and manually quit to desktop. I later restarted the game, reloaded my bunker savegame and decided to start a new patrol, which brought me ahead in date approx 2 weeks and then directly redock in kiel without even moving the sub out of the bunker just to be able to choose a new mission.

Then i saved again, selected the scapa flow mission in the briefing and started another new patrol. When i moved out of the port i realized that despite having started the patrol in kiel i was just leaving wilhelmshaven (not sure if thats the right port, but it surely was a harbor west of the "Nord-Ostsee-Kanal").

Anyway i plotted a course to scapa flow (i didnt install real-nav-mod and underwater fx-mod) and when i thought i had enough distance to the port i accelerated time from 32 to 128 and just after that it CTD. I was still in the middle of a naturally formed channel (landmasses east and west, so either east of cuxhaven or more likely north-east Wilhemshaven) when the CTD happened. So i wasnt very far from the starting port and it was just at the beginning of a new patrol.

I loaded to bunker in kiel and i saved from bunker in kiel with only like 5 sec of simulation time between those just before i started that CTD-patrol as i already noted in my description.

vdr1981 05-13-14 01:05 PM

Tnx for your answer Ole...

Brand new and up to date version of the "Wolves" is ready for upload but it wont be ready for download until tomorrow... You can check first post for mods included.

Trevally. 05-13-14 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2206346)
Known issue due to "docked" status of AI unit. Trevally decided to place docked destroyers in various ports after all but their purpose is just "cosmetical", nothing more...Thats why I stopped to make any harbor raids at all, long time ago. I suggest you to do the same...

I placed docked unit in harbours where they are tied to the piers. If I did not do this (even with speed set a zero) they would just start sailing away as soon as you click start campaign.

There are in nearly all harours, traffic set to come and go. Also most will have a dedicated patrol force.

Please do not get the above mixed with the known issue where fully controlled active AI units will just get stuck and not be able to re-act.

In the case stated by oLe2, two DDs are set as active within the BB group where the group leader (BB) is docked. This is causing the DDs to be docked also - with the purpose that they will active if the group leaded dies or the bug gets fixed.

How you play the sim is up to you, but harbour raiding is still a valid part of the game in most cases and I have had many a nervous moment trying to escape ports.

THE_MASK 05-13-14 02:21 PM

I have been to Scapa when DDs have been all over me and planes as well . Sometimes a walk in the park . Its just the luck of the draw , nothing wrong with the game .

Phrozin 05-13-14 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2206826)
Tnx for your answer Ole...

Brand new and up to date version of the "Wolves" is ready for upload but it wont be ready for download until tomorrow... You can check first post for mods included.

Woot!

Vdr1981 disregard my earlier PM lol. :D

:yeah:

Kanga 05-13-14 11:06 PM

Hard Work

Thank you for you hard work ,effort and time in building this mod. Mods like yours is so fantastic, just download it and pop it in the folder no fuss. Once again thank you.:salute:

Aktungbby 05-14-14 01:22 AM

welcome aboard!

oLe2 and Roberbond!:Kaleun_Salute:

ZygfrydDeLowe 05-14-14 02:00 AM

Thank you

Thank you vdr1981 for your work. It got me finally playing SH 5, and while I'm slowly learning the ropes, I enjoy it immensely.

vdr1981 05-14-14 03:02 AM

The archive is now ready for download...Enjoy !:salute:

vdr1981 05-14-14 04:18 AM

I'm curious are you guys experiencing plotting tool misalignment with this version also?

http://imageshack.com/a/img196/6349/efhe.jpg

Kanga 05-14-14 04:32 AM

Error

Hi Buddy, I can't download the file. The download site gives an error just before the chupa comes up. Cheers

vdr1981 05-14-14 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanga (Post 2207000)
Hi Buddy, I can't download the file. The download site gives an error just before the chupa comes up. Cheers

Works fine here...Try with another browser or wait for some time and try again.

Kanga 05-14-14 06:53 AM

A Good Idea

Thanks for the ideas, I've been with Internet Explorer for yrs, but I took your advise and changed to Firefox and whooow. Downloading now.:Kaleun_Periskop: