SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THEBERBSTER 03-13-16 07:15 PM

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > Superwutz
Find Help & Useful Information In My SHIV & SHV Signature Thread Links.
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions + Campaign Fix In > FAQ’s & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question)

Warham 03-14-16 01:20 AM

Does OldStyleExplosions V1.1 mod compatible with TWoS? Is there any nice video with TWoS like trailer?

Also i have some problems:
1) Batteries dont reacharge until i tell to chief "continue chargin batteries" after every surfacing.
2) Search script from some time don't accelerate time to x128. And he began to set maximum boat speed although earlier speed was small forward.
3) It is very hard to see something on the navigation map. Eyes tired from this (

Can it be fixed?

Superwutz 03-14-16 06:55 AM

@siege00

I have locked my target with the x key and want to identify the ship so I can use my stadimeter.

I am using silent hunter III ui and went for full realism settings.

palmic 03-14-16 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superwutz (Post 2389219)
@siege00

I have locked my target with the x key and want to identify the ship so I can use my stadimeter.

I am using silent hunter III ui and went for full realism settings.

As siege00 said - you have to lock the Target by space in periscope/UZO before sending mast height from book..
x locks only your view.

Superwutz 03-14-16 08:37 AM

well that might be the problem:)
did not know that. Thank you!

vdr1981 03-14-16 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warham (Post 2389178)
Does OldStyleExplosions V1.1 mod compatible with TWoS?

I never used it, I dont know...link?

Quote:

Is there any nice video with TWoS like trailer?
All Twos videos are in first two posts, video examples...

Quote:

Also i have some problems:
1) Batteries dont reacharge until i tell to chief "continue chargin batteries" after every surfacing.
There's an option for this in OFEV...

Quote:

2) Search script from some time don't accelerate time to x128. And he began to set maximum boat speed although earlier speed was small forward.
Again, I dont use search scripts so I really cant tell...Husk?:hmm2:

Quote:

3) It is very hard to see something on the navigation map. Eyes tired from this (
Can it be fixed?
Like what? Map tools colors? You can manually set map tools colors via TDW generic patcher...

siege00 03-14-16 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superwutz (Post 2389241)
well that might be the problem:)
did not know that. Thank you!

That's the only problem with skipping the tutorial. You may miss a few of the subtleties. :)

renard60 03-14-16 10:48 AM

Hello I have install(settle) the mod but I shall want to be able to put back(hand) colors on the card(map) of the enemies in red and ally in green as before you can help me svp thank you very much

Warham 03-14-16 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2389248)
I never used it, I dont know...link?

There's an option for this in OFEV...

Like what? Map tools colors? You can manually set map tools colors via TDW generic patcher...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164959

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llK3heOBxuM

What is the OFEV? :oops:

On maps hard to see coordinates, lines and marks. All very pale and drained. Will try to change it in generic patcher.

edit. OFEV - OptionsFileEditorViewer. I don't understand why automatical recharging batteries in not by default.

oscar19681 03-14-16 05:02 PM

Extrnal view stuttering.

FHaving A strange issue. After i have installed my u-boat stutters in external view.It also seems to stutter somswhat less when on the bridge. It only seems to effect my u-boat And Everything else runs as smooth as silk. Can anyone tell
Me whats causing this?

Sjizzle 03-15-16 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscar19681 (Post 2389403)
FHaving A strange issue. After i have installed my u-boat stutters in external view.It also seems to stutter somswhat less when on the bridge. It only seems to effect my u-boat And Everything else runs as smooth as silk. Can anyone tell
Me whats causing this?

i have answered u here

palmic 03-15-16 04:17 AM

Is TWOS periscope distance scales calibrated for distance in meters? (I mean that vertical scales directly on optic) I presume yes, but i have not found any guide for it anywhere. Everybody's using stadimeter :)

(Sorry i dont know exactly which partial mod is it)

LesBaker 03-15-16 07:15 AM

This is from the documentation in TWOS.

Range estimation
================
Binoculars and scopes have milliradian scales that allow to estimate/measure distances: "10" on the attack scope corresponds to "100" on the observation scope and represents roughly 100 milliradians (~5.73 degrees at low power magnification, at high power it's 4 times less: 25 milliradians or ~1.43 degrees).
One large mark on the binoculars represents roughly 10 milliradians (~0.573 degrees).
The markings are used as follows: given a target of height H that takes up M markings, its range R can be calculated:
R = H*k/M
where k is:
- 100 for attack scope low power and binoculars
- 400 for attack scope high power
- 1000 for observation scope low power
- 4000 for observation scope high power
Example:
Imagine you're observing a Liberty Cargo (mast height ~26m) through an observation scope at high power and ship's mast reaches "100" mark. Then the range will be:
26 * 4000 / 100 = 26 * 40 = 1040 meters
If you'd go up to conning tower and observe the ship through attack scope now (don't forget high power), its mast will reach "10" mark. Let's check the range:
26 * 400 / 10 = 26 * 40 = 1040 meters
RAOBF should give you something close to this value (between "10" and "11" on the range ring).
If you now surface and observe the target through your binoculars, it will take up 2.5 marks:
26 * 100 / 2.5 = 1040 meters
Mental rule for k:
"Normally x100, additional 0 for observation scope, additional x4 for high power magnification" ;)
Take note that horizontal scale on the observation periscope is in degrees. I don't know for sure why that is, and the sources are scarce, but I believe this could be helpful for navigation and for estimating target's angular size i.e. to set salvo spread angle.

Les

palmic 03-15-16 08:22 AM

Thanks!

siege00 03-15-16 09:11 AM

I use the observation scope with real navigation to determine close to exact position when navigating near identifiable land masses. ie. When penetrating scapa flow, RN was pretty far off - at least I thought. I was able to confirm my position and estimate how long it would take me to penetrate the harbor without having to pop up the scope too often. This was done using the degree marks on both periscopes, ie. land mass on the right was 10° to starboard while identifiable land mass on the left was 25° to port. Drew the lines, after calculating True Bearing to each, and voila, I've got my location.