SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

veenee 07-21-15 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pressurised (Post 2329923)
I tried them, it made everything underwater pitch black lol. Should of made a backup >.>

After installing 1.04, I had to 'improve underwater visibility' as well.

I just (literally, 10 mins ago) copied this file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8R...ew?usp=sharing

into
x:\xxx\Silent Hunter 5\data\Filters\ColorCorrection

And I can see underwater again.
This one is different from the one I linked before.

THEBERBSTER 07-21-15 05:30 AM

Hi CF

Sounds like you have a number of issues going on with the binoculars and end of patrol.

The sub base icon is just to inform you where your base is.
It is a marker to aim for when entering a harbour as without it if you were going there for the first time you would not know where to go.
Entering Kiel at night and in fog can be challenging.
As you will notice the icon is nowhere near the actual bunkers, but as you head towards it the end of patrol/refit activates with the flashing anchor.

I would be inclined to install a new version of TWOS and see if that sorts your problems out.
I have had a problem in the past also and that fixed it for me.
You maybe unlucky that in the download a file was corrupted.

If not you may need to re-install SH5.
If so make a copy of of the CareerHistory cfg file found in the path
Documents\SH5\data\cfg\CareerHistory
Copy and paste it back when SH5 is re-installed.

If you use refit you will not get a grid reference.
The plus side with refitting is there is no date advancement.

When you end the patrol you are able to request a mission which will give you a number of grid references to patrol and earn bonus points.
The downside is the bunker days have been increased from 14 to 24 days.
This puts pressure to complete BCW and NWA as where I used to get a VIIB I like Shaefer still have a VIIA.

Completing BCW and NWA is more important than going after the BB's in BTF where your limited torpedo resources will be tested.
If you want to take out both of the BB's means an earlier torpedo replenishment which eats into the mission times.
To get around the new bunker days in v1.04 you can always add the mod Change days in bunker and set your own limits.

I am not having any problems with these mods.
The Wolves of Steel 1.04
The Wolves of Steel 1.04 - Real Navigation_by TheDarkWright
The Wolves of Steel - 16x9 Resolution Patch
DeckGun Friendly Waves_Test
DeckKannon
sobers 7A_B deck crew moved for Shaefer SH5
sobers OH2.5 Kiel Lite mod V4 SH5
Change days in bunker
Clock by Shmal
one ship, one torpedo v1.00
Critical hits v 1.2
gap - HD 1 deg Scope Bearing v 1.0
The Wolves of Steel - Wind & Smoke addon

I added the deck gun mod after sinking a SV SMC 1936 tons I only had 59 HE and 53 AP shells left.
In hindsight I probably could have used less shells and waited for it to sink.
Not had a chance yet to put this deck gun mod to the test on anything larger than a coastal boat.

As far as the Auto TDC I think this is an enforced manual setting in the Options File Editor Viewer (OFEV) that needs to be disabled.
If you are using the internal OFEV that comes with TWOS I think vecko may have set a number of the default patches to suit his mod.
You need to disable the last patch in the XO tab.
http://i58.tinypic.com/2eyhw5k.jpg

In the Game Play Options you need the Manual Targeting System tick box empty.
http://i58.tinypic.com/27zdjkj.jpg

I would recommend my tutorial post #146 rather than using the circles.
The circles really limits your capability where as my tutorial will still allow you to fire at targets beyond 4,000 metres.
If you cannot do without the circles then make changes in the OFEV Navigation and TAI tabs where you can enable the patches to enforce the circles to show in your game.
http://i59.tinypic.com/29fuhk.jpg

Peter

Nilssoni 07-21-15 05:57 AM

Hello my fellow captain's!

I have used this mod little while (couple day's) and when im doing mission i can't see any progress bar, i cant get any iron cross top left corner when im in the map.

Other problem is that, it crashes suddenly, without warning, no errors. :hmmm:

THEBERBSTER 07-21-15 06:17 AM

Hi Nilssoni

To understand the game you need to read the FAQ's on the TWOS post #2.
This all becomes a bit like a stuck record
unnecessarily repeating ourselves when all the information can be found there.
Please take the trouble to read it as it might save another unnecessary post.

Peter

F.A.Q. & Tips
- Where's mine tonnage bar?! I can't play without it!

I'm sorry...It's dead!

franz_the_cat 07-21-15 07:20 AM

Is Wolves of Steel - Documentation A mod or a many little mods ?????????

Servas all together .
I've Wolves of Steel 1:04 downloadet .its Wolves of Steel - Documentation available .
As in Wolves of Steel - Documentation instead of the usual data or data is in each Kleinmod Docomentation , I'm assuming the Wolves of Steel - Documentation a Big Mod is the once angeclickt is instaliert moved or is or is everyone in little mods contained therein can be opened with Documentation; and then try installing is the assume I just let ?

Well now what ????? Is Wolves of Steel - Documentation a mod or a many little mods ?????????

CaptainFunk 07-21-15 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2330033)
The sub base icon is just to inform you where your base is.
It is a marker to aim for when entering a harbour as without it if you were going there for the first time you would not know where to go.
Entering Kiel at night and in fog can be challenging.
As you will notice the icon is nowhere near the actual bunkers, but as you head towards it the end of patrol/refit activates with the flashing anchor.

Good news its sorted :yeah::up: I loaded a slightly earlier save and the Anchor popped up as I entered the Kiel Harbour near the symbol. I must have either missed it or not gone close enough to the symbol as I just made my way to the Sub pens at the end of the harbor. So bottom line was to use the symbol on nav map to aim for rather than pens!!!

Back to battle on Mission 2!!:up:

PS I might try some of the MODS you mentioned as I found the deck gun a little under powered (not that I have a RL reference or experience of such things!). Also some of the Torp damage mods you mentioned sounds interesting i.e. Critical hits and One Ship, one shot.

Thanks Again for your help

THEBERBSTER 07-21-15 09:42 AM

Hi FTC

TWOS v1.04 does not come with any text information regarding this version.

We will probably have to wait for the first patch to appear before we can see all the changes that have been made.

Peter

THEBERBSTER 07-21-15 09:57 AM

Hi CF

With Wilhelmshaven the bunker is prominent.
The sub icon is a distance away from the bunker.

You will always get a flashing anchor to alert you before it goes static, but it should not disappear.

There is nothing to stop you taking the u-boat down to the bunker if that is something that you like to do.
However, there must be a bug or something that kicks in and you can get, but not always, a horrible grinding noise as you try to take the u-boat in to the entrance of the bunker even though you are perfectly lined up to do it.

The "Critical hits" deck gun mod is too early to access it's effectiveness.
It did make short work of the coastal boat better than the default one.

The torpedo mod v1.00 does exactly what it says.
There is also a less powerful version v1.00a
This can save a lot of traveling time to replenish if you are having to fire 2 or 3 torpedoes at a time.
Not for the purist's this one.

Peter

Pressurised 07-21-15 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veenee (Post 2330029)
After installing 1.04, I had to 'improve underwater visibility' as well.

I just (literally, 10 mins ago) copied this file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8R...ew?usp=sharing

into
x:\xxx\Silent Hunter 5\data\Filters\ColorCorrection

And I can see underwater again.
This one is different from the one I linked before.

That worked for me, thank you very much :)

franz_the_cat 07-22-15 12:54 AM

how do you do that

how do you do that

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uplo...7ck0q3pnr9.jpg

THEBERBSTER 07-22-15 05:31 PM

I know this has been deactivated, but is there a way to see the contact > type in the hydrophone station rather than waiting for it to appear in the message box.

veenee 07-25-15 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep_Hunter (Post 2329478)
Hey guys,
does the new WoS version still work with the TDW options file editor? The changes I've made with the editor have no influence to the game anymore... With WoS 1.03 everything worked fine. In the installation guide for the new version there is no word about the editor :hmmm:

same here - what am I missing?

I make the save to:
\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\The Wolves of Steel 1.04\data\Scripts\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py

menu path is:
Silent Hunter 5\MODS\The Wolves of Steel 1.04\data\Menu\menu.txt

are these correct locations?

EDIT: scrap that, followed these instructions and it is fine now:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2332

THEBERBSTER 07-25-15 04:20 AM

Hi guys

You need to disable the mods first.
Make the changes.
Re-enable the mods.

Peter

Ratti 07-26-15 02:11 AM

Thanks a lot for this mod!

I had bought SH5 a few years ago when it got out and i abandoned it as soon as i realized how full of bug and glitches was.
However i recently reinstalled it and i'm glad that i found a megamod so easy to set up. So far i have been training on the tutorials, but i'm quite enjoying the overall feeling of the game and the mod, it's quite great. I'm just sad i didn't decided to try it earlier!

However i have a small question, not sure which mod is tied to so i decided to ask it here, maybe it has been answered already but i couldn't find it: from the look of the tutorial and the videos, when i lock a ship i could click on a button from my officer to recognize the ship. However i don't have that button at all(i have all the others). Is it an intended change of feature or i messed up something in the installation process?
thanks again for the great megamod!

Ratti 07-26-15 03:21 AM

By digging deeper into the forum i found my answer: the feature has been disabled for realism (it's on page 60 for anyone with the same problem). This however brought me to another problem: if i manually recognize the ship through the manual, and i click on "send to TDC", the ship bottom hull shape is not transferred to the torpedo height chart in order to set the dept of the torpedo, therefore i'm always not sure where i'll hit the ship.

Thanks again for this great mod!
Cheers