SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 06-20-15 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2322692)

The only way I know how to make this game save is to overwrite the current AEB save that you got when the patrol ended.

You're kidding me, right?

http://s6.postimg.org/bgltzc641/SH5_...0_18_18_57.jpg

THEBERBSTER 06-20-15 11:45 AM

Hi vecko

I've been playing this game for 3 years and I honestly say that I did not know that was possible.

Thanks, I think that will be a big help for a more stable game.

Peter

vdr1981 06-20-15 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2322703)

Thanks, I think that will be a big help for a more stable game.

Peter

Don't expect too much stability though...:D

THEBERBSTER 06-20-15 03:32 PM

Hi vecko

Took your advice and did a complete reinstall.

I notice that sobers Kiel mod for Memel harbour removed the 2 boats at the harbour exit and so the pilot did not need to reduce any speed.

Current mod list
The Wolves of Steel 1.03
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5_HotFix 4
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - TDW Real Navigation
The Wolves of Steel - 16x9 Resolution Patch
DeckGun Friendly Waves_Test
DeckKannon
sobers 7A_B deck crew moved for Shaefer SH5
sobers OH2.5 Kiel Lite mod V4 SH5
The Wolves of Steel - Wind & Smoke addon

I will let you know how I get on with sobers mod.

Peter

THE_MASK 06-20-15 05:14 PM

This is the way I save .
sober7 etc etc etc
sober6
Bunker save (Kiel save)
sober5
sober4 [Delete these saves after exiting the bunker
sober3 and doing 1 save so you are left with just
sober2 the saves in yellow ]
sober1
Bunker save (career start)

Never load an auto save .
If you have to save submerged then look thru a scope then hit the Esc key twice then save .

In other words every time you go to the bunker delete all saves except 1 save before the bunker and the bunker save . And then carry on saving after that .

THEBERBSTER 06-20-15 05:50 PM

Thanks sober for your info.

Good advice there.

Peter

Darkandstar 06-21-15 01:21 AM

Step 6:
Properly activate TDW generic patcher and restore "Snapshot 1_0_168_0 7_5_0_". The patcher and the snapshot are already placed in the main game folder (SH5/TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0 folder). (Steam version is not supported)
How to use TDW Generic Patcher.

================================================== ================================================== =====================================

Does this mean the mod is completely unusable for steam-using players or that they should skip this step, or do something else? If so, could you elaborate? It's a bit confusing. And sorry if this has already been answered but i couldn't find it.

Sjizzle 06-21-15 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkandstar (Post 2322823)
Step 6:
Properly activate TDW generic patcher and restore "Snapshot 1_0_168_0 7_5_0_". The patcher and the snapshot are already placed in the main game folder (SH5/TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0 folder). (Steam version is not supported)
How to use TDW Generic Patcher.

================================================== ================================================== =====================================

Does this mean the mod is completely unusable for steam-using players or that they should skip this step, or do something else? If so, could you elaborate? It's a bit confusing. And sorry if this has already been answered but i couldn't find it.

u can play this also with the steam version too, patching the steam version game here is a thread about how to use the patcher for steam version .
i am not sure if it's work 100% but what i know that the patcher work 100% with non steam version of the game....

PS. without tdw's patcher the game is unplayable cos is full with bugs and tdw's patcher solve many bugs of them

Alfred Keitzer 06-21-15 02:37 AM

When locked on and following a target, the "Target Offset" box appears at the bottom of the scope. Is there any way to increase or decrease (or set) this value other than by using the mouse thumbwheel?

I assume with TDC on and target speed set to zero, the torpedoes will go where my periscope is pointing when offset is applied, right?

vudriga 06-21-15 07:10 AM

I'm going bonkers over here. :wah:

I can't get generic patcher to work.Firs it has errors while opening sh5.exe file, then it changes the sizes of files by adding lines to them.And when I run the game it does run, I get to the menu select a mission and the mission is loading but whe it's supposed to go in the sub it CTD's to desktop.

I did everithing by the book while installing but generic patcher to run like it's should.

vdr1981 06-21-15 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vudriga (Post 2322877)
I'm going bonkers over here. :wah:

I can't get generic patcher to work.Firs it has errors while opening sh5.exe file, then it changes the sizes of files by adding lines to them.And when I run the game it does run, I get to the menu select a mission and the mission is loading but whe it's supposed to go in the sub it CTD's to desktop.

I did everithing by the book while installing but generic patcher to run like it's should.

Is your game patched to v1.2.0?
Show me the content of your "GenericPatcher.cfg" file found in "Silent Hunter 5/TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0" folder.

Eagle Eyes (Osborne) 06-21-15 03:28 PM

Problem with wolve of steel mods

:hmmm: :/\\!! I need to see if anybody or somebody can help me out on Silent Hunter 5 Wolves of steel mods. 1)So far I'm having problems with user charts is blank and will not shut down or turn off. 2)Problem of radio message option will not turn off. 3)I can not open up my ship reference book and also in front of book it only say OK. 4)Plus my automation chart is blank.

Aktungbby 06-21-15 06:13 PM

welcome aboard! & welcome back

vudriga!:Kaleun_Salute: and Darkandstar :Kaleun_Salute:on your first posts!; And welcome back after a 4 year silent run: Eagle Eyes (Osborne) :Kaleun_Salute:

SiggeMan 06-22-15 01:17 PM

Hey, i just installed this on another PC, and when i start a new campaign after doing it, i am not offered to skip the tutorial, and actually doing it screws the game up. Anything i can do?

vdr1981 06-22-15 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiggeMan (Post 2323183)
Hey, i just installed this on another PC, and when i start a new campaign after doing it, i am not offered to skip the tutorial, and actually doing it screws the game up. Anything i can do?

You've skipped step 3 probably...