SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THEBERBSTER 12-16-15 06:12 AM

Hi Sokolov
Quote:

if i dock at Kiel after 4 Sept. i can get only British Coastal mission, but when it come, i already miss Scapa-Flow
Yes British Coastal mission is the one you need to request after Sept 4th.
It should not take you longer than 4 days to complete the Baltic Operation.

Code:

i already miss Scapa-Flow
No you should not miss this as it will normally show on your map as you are crossing the North Sea to do the British Coastal mission.
Scapa-Flow does not appear until 10th September. This is 6 days after you request the British Coastal.
You do not need to request Scapa-Flow just go and do it if you want to or if not carry on with the British Coastal mission which is what I would advise.

Peter

Sokolov 12-16-15 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2366401)
Probably you have not read my previous post carefully; there you will find a list of places where you can expect a more or less greish-greenish-bluish water color depending (I repeat myself) on current sun angle/weather and on interaction with other environment colors which may vary from place to place. When I say that open waters are much bluer, I mean open Atlantic waters, whose color is not to be found anywhere in the shallow waters of the Baltic lagoon... not at least if you are using the main version of Dynamic Environment as featured by TWoS :O:

Not a big problem, as most of the SH5 campaign takes place in mid-Atlantic. Anyway, if you just don't like this feature, I already told you (in the aforementioned post) how to get rid of it once and for all. DynEnv's no murky waters addons are found in the same package as their main mod, and they are fully compatible with The Wolves of Steel. :03:

Finally, if you like especially brilliant colours, you might be interested as well into one of the Camera Filter submods of Dynamic Environment and/or in one of the different setups of Sweet FX that Sjizzle has finetuned for us. :salute:

Look, may be you not interesting in this, but what i get, using "clear water addon", becouse without it any other looks unreal. Where the water close to you, i see the seafloor, like the water crystal clear, but in reality and in game underwater not clear (in Kiel and in Saint-Petersburg, where i live; i don't think that there are a difference between Kiel and Saint-Petersburg). And where the water far from you, under the blue sky, it looks too grey. (i used "no murky water addon"). The sence is that sunlight reflected by the water far from you give it the color of the sky and when you close give you the color of underwater. I don't know is it possible to realise that in game, but when you far, you see the color of surface of water which depends of sunlight reflected by the water surface - then the color of the sky, and when you close you see the color of depth of water which depends of how clear or not the water.
Get in attention that i inquire of this question still since of SH3, and i specially looked on the water in different day times in reality.

Danya

Sokolov 12-16-15 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2366573)
Hi Sokolov
Yes British Coastal mission is the one you need to request after Sept 4th.
It should not take you longer than 4 days to complete the Baltic Operation.

Code:

i already miss Scapa-Flow
No you should not miss this as it will normally show on your map as you are crossing the North Sea to do the British Coastal mission.
Scapa-Flow does not appear until 10th September. This is 6 days after you request the British Coastal.
You do not need to request Scapa-Flow just go and do it if you want to or if not carry on with the British Coastal mission which is what I would advise.

Peter

Thanks, Peter

gap 12-16-15 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sokolov (Post 2366584)
Look, may be you not interesting in this, but what i get, using "clear water addon", becouse without it any other looks unreal. Where the water close to you, i see the seafloor, like the water crystal clear, but in reality and in game underwater not clear (in Kiel and in Saint-Petersburg, where i live; i don't think that there are a difference between Kiel and Saint-Petersburg). And where the water far from you, under the blue sky, it looks too grey. (i used "no murky water addon"). The sence is that sunlight reflected by the water far from you give it the color of the sky and when you close give you the color of underwater. I don't know is it possible to realise that in game, but when you far, you see the color of surface of water which depends of sunlight reflected by the water surface - then the color of the sky, and when you close you see the color of depth of water which depends of how clear or not the water.
Get in attention that i inquire of this question still since of SH3, and i specially looked on the water in different day times in reality.

Danya

Hi Danya,

I think I have got your point. What you are asking might be achievable by tweaking water shaders, though I am not sure about that. Unfortunately I am not deep inside python or whatever language was used for coding SH5 shaders; the ones included in Dynamic Environment were edited by TDW, who is in his gap year.

For more comments about environment related topic, please let's use the appropriate thread. :salute:

Uboot1 12-16-15 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2366572)
Hi Ub
Code:

Then torpedo turn left/right and swim, towards sun, freedom, but not  the target, yes i must learn how to check ship speed and range this is  basic.
This should not be happening if you have followed the installation instructions.

If you can see the torpedoes circling or going a.w.o.l. it looks like you have not enabled TDW's Generic File Patcher application with the TWOS snapshot file.

Peter

I do everything fine for sure like in video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pevSVIsmxhs its like in my video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgypPUFkt-g i see straight line ,,torpedo solution line" then it's change trajectory and swim in ,,lottery mode" :D

Eh, save corrupted. Enough, i have only 1 save from today in bunker but is 4 march in happy times, so 3 days after end of campaign, how to change date to 1 march ?

gap 12-16-15 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uboot1 (Post 2366642)
I do everything fine for sure like in video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pevSVIsmxhs its like in my video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgypPUFkt-g i see straight line ,,torpedo solution line" then it's change trajectory and swim in ,,lottery mode" :D

Hi Uboot1,

Torpedo course's angular deflection (after the first straight leg) is called gyro angle and it is part of the regular torpedo control mechanisms. Without it, a torpedo could only hit targets which will be exactly in front of your U-boat at the moment of the hoped impact.

Gyroscopes weren't exempt from imperfections/malfunctions though. TDW has deviced a torpedo failure patch, included in TWoS, which adds in game some degree of randomness to torpedo course. Even so, after enabling that patch you should still be able to hit your targets if they are within optimal firing range and if your torpedo solution is as accurate as possible. Moreover, the said patch fixes torpedo failure rates, a feature which was bugged in stock game. The latter fix, requires some modded files to be added to the game through the mod enabler. If you are using TWoS, they are already included in its package, but they only give realistic failure probabilities when working together with the aforementioned hardcoded patch by TDW. If the game is not patched, you will experience unusually high torpedo failure rates.

As far as I can say, your problems with torpedo aiming are caused by one or more of these factors:

- Your torpedo solutions are not accurate enough. It takes some time and experience until you can attain the level of accuracy required.

- You are too far from your targets; over big distances even small errors (caused by inaccurate TDC imputs, or by slight random deviation of the torpedo from its ideal course) are amplified, causing your torpedoes to miss their targets.

- You didn't patch the game with the patcher snapshop coming with TWoS, and you are therefore experiencing gyroscopic failures on a regular basis.

:salute:

Uboot1 12-16-15 01:13 PM

Hi gap, i did everything like in video in previous post. So it's fine i am sure. I try this tutorials but i can't play actually, its possible to change date? I can load my save from yesterday. But i am sure that my save will be corrupted again when i create new save. Little bit unplayable actually, maybe i try reinstall mod but like above, i do it fine.

Ok nevermind i just load my old save and saving like creazy now.

gap 12-16-15 02:41 PM

Ness Battery updated

@ Trevally:

if you are reading, I am stuck with our little project. Gun emplacemen's basic layout is pretty much ready. What comes next is adjusting mesh sizes (especially wall heights) and modelling the internal room (well, at least the part of it that would be visible from outside), and I need for the following:

a few measures;
better pictures of the roofed room.

More specifically, I still don't get what is the floor level of the aforementioned room (i.e. is it on the same level as the unprotected gunner platform, on the level of the circular room surrounded by pillars where gun's base was fitted, or between the two above?) and how the roofless corridor extending from the roofed room to the gun fitting room connects the two rooms (provided that it does). :hmm2:

Of course I could use my fantasy, but since you live close to that site I thought I would ask for your assistance first :) :salute:

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u...2020.08.14.jpg

vdr1981 12-17-15 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uboot1 (Post 2366703)
Little bit unplayable actually, maybe i try reinstall mod but like above, i do it fine.

You better do that because the number of your "corrupted saves" clearly indicates that something is really wrong with your game/mod installation, IMO...
However if you decide to use your old savegames after that, that may resurrect your problem as well ...

Vice84 12-17-15 05:58 AM

Aww... ended coastal waters as indicated, be on patrol when campaign end, removed change days in bunker but even after july 15 new campaign wont start.
Just one time campaign end (after 2 or 3 end patrol when just started) but i cant select new campaign (A X show on new campaign and nothing to do except go back to main menu).
If i type silentotto i'm able to start the new campaign but i loose all my renow and promotion points on crew :nope::wah::wah::wah:

UHMMMM i've loaded a older savegame and it seems work... i don't understand that campaign "END" while on patrol and you have not to return to dock...
now new campaign seems start correctly with all my crew point :)

Uboot1 12-17-15 11:59 AM

Check FAQ of this mod

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703

You must be on patrol 1st June 1940 exactly day before and wait, if you done everything you will won and continue in new campaign.

Trevally. 12-18-15 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2366722)
@ Trevally:

if you are reading, I am stuck with our little project. Gun emplacemen's basic layout is pretty much ready. What comes next is adjusting mesh sizes (especially wall heights) and modelling the internal room (well, at least the part of it that would be visible from outside), and I need for the following:

Its looking great so far Gap:)

Quote:

a few measures;
better pictures of the roofed room.
I will try and get some pics for you.
Could take me a few days as the amount of sunlight we are getting at this time of year is only a few hours per day

Quote:

More specifically, I still don't get what is the floor level of the aforementioned room (i.e. is it on the same level as the unprotected gunner platform, on the level of the circular room surrounded by pillars where gun's base was fitted, or between the two above?)
Yes - the roofed room floor is the same level as the base (foundation) of the gun (area with the rusty bolts)

Quote:

and how the roofless corridor extending from the roofed room to the gun fitting room connects the two rooms (provided that it does). :hmm2:
That roofless corridor used to have a steel grid across it so you could walk under/through it to the gun base.
Stairs from floor level (roofed area) gave access to the gun level area (roofless)

Quote:

Of course I could use my fantasy, but since you live close to that site I thought I would ask for your assistance first :) :salute:
There is now a high security fence around the whole site - so I will sneak in:arrgh!:
Years ago when I was a boy - security was not so good:D

gap 12-18-15 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 2367104)
Its looking great so far Gap:)

Thank you Trevally, you will see how cool it is when it will be ready with textures and ambient occlusion :D

Quote:

I will try and get some pics for you.
Could take me a few days as the amount of sunlight we are getting at this time of year is only a few hours per day

Yes - the roofed room floor is the same level as the base (foundation) of the gun (area with the rusty bolts)

That roofless corridor used to have a steel grid across it so you could walk under/through it to the gun base.
Stairs from floor level (roofed area) gave access to the gun level area (roofless)

Okay, your descriptions helped me a lot. Maybe pictures are not necessary if you can provie me with a drawing showing the exact position/layout of stairs and metal grid, and another general drawing with wall heigths :up:

Quote:

There is now a high security fence around the whole site - so I will sneak in:arrgh!:
Years ago when I was a boy - security was not so good:D

Ops, I thought the site was open to authorized visitors. I hope it is not too complicated getting in. Indeed I don't want you getting in troubles or harming yourself. Oncle Neal need you here, not in a dark Scottish prison :)

palmic 12-18-15 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2365765)
Is it able to remove map "click" sounds?
I tried to replace wavs in data/sounds/menu which are very similar by void wavs, but it not did it.

I want to replace only that zoom/click sounds on map, its pretty annoying to change the volume between map and hydrophone..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2365775)
u can remove that click / zoom sound need to edit the sound cfg from TWoS i am not sure which line give a bit of time to take a look there and will reply u back

Hi Sjizzle, thanks again, but i cannot find where it is, there is no sound.cfg even no cfg file in Data/sound* ...

reignofdeath 12-18-15 05:13 PM

So I am going to redownload and install this today.. Has there been a fix for the tonnage bar bug?? WHere it will not fill at all and track any tonnage???