SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Fifi 01-20-19 04:30 PM

If it was too easy, it wouldn’t be fun...with some practice you will miss one on ten hits.

gap 01-20-19 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2587596)
If it was too easy, it wouldn’t be fun...with some practice you will miss one on ten hits.

Not to mention the fact that, in real warfare, U-boats were very unstable gun platforms. I don't remember if they had gyro-stabilized gun sights or not, but due to the difficult aiming (made even harder by the manual gun elevation/training), engaging an enemy at anything but short range would have hardly been a successful tactic. It is partly because of those problems that the theoretical rate of fire of 15 rounds per minute (1 round every four seconds) was seldomly attained during war practice. :yep:

Tonci87 01-21-19 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2587624)
Not to mention the fact that, in real warfare, U-boats were very unstable gun platforms. I don't remember if they had gyro-stabilized gun sights or not, but due to the difficult aiming (made even harder by the manual gun elevation/training), engaging an enemy at anything but short range would have hardly been a successful tactic. It is partly because of those problems that the theoretical rate of fire of 15 rounds per minute (1 round every four seconds) was seldomly attained during war practice. :yep:

Yes I get that, but I believe that the Real life gunsight was not stabilized. At the moment my AI is better at hitting targets than me. I can´t let that happen :D

gap 01-21-19 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2587792)
At the moment my AI is better at hitting targets than me. I can´t let that happen :D

Good argument, you can't let that happen. Keep trying and be more aggressive :arrgh!:

palmic 01-22-19 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2587792)
Yes I get that, but I believe that the Real life gunsight was not stabilized. At the moment my AI is better at hitting targets than me. I can´t let that happen :D

Missing eels are problem of all of us and they are part of the fun :salute:

Tonci87 01-22-19 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2587928)
Missing eels are problem of all of us and they are part of the fun :salute:

I´m talking about the deckgun :)

Shaefer 01-22-19 07:47 PM

Hey Vecko!:Kaleun_Salute:

I am in base after patrol running version 2.03 of the modpack, is the current version compatible, and is this a good time to update the pack?
After reading up like a pro forum dweller, I found this not to be possible anymore, which leads to my next question.
If I use my current version and play to happy times, is it possible to import stats like crew promotion point, tonnage, and all that stuff into the new version?

I allso read somewhere that map tools colors can`t be changed anymore, is that the case? Not a big deal, just personal preferences I guess.

I have some issue with 1440p with the TAI map beeing all wonky and a white box appearing in the bottom left corner. Is this a problem that will go away when I reinstall the pack and choose my current resolution during installment?

Best regards!:Kaleun_Salute:

Husksubsky 01-22-19 10:51 PM

steam updater

hi everybody long time away. I accidentally said yes to activate steam updater.(still in shock from not using jsgme.. so easy it has become) I have cd. It will do no harm I hope? otherwise I just reinstall..not a huge deal..:Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 01-24-19 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husksubsky (Post 2588005)
hi everybody long time away. I accidentally said yes to activate steam updater.(still in shock from not using jsgme.. so easy it has become) I have cd. It will do no harm I hope? otherwise I just reinstall..not a huge deal..:Kaleun_Salute:

Shouldn't be any problems...

siege00 01-24-19 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2587977)
Hey Vecko!:Kaleun_Salute:

I am in base after patrol running version 2.03 of the modpack, is the current version compatible, and is this a good time to update the pack?
After reading up like a pro forum dweller, I found this not to be possible anymore, which leads to my next question.
If I use my current version and play to happy times, is it possible to import stats like crew promotion point, tonnage, and all that stuff into the new version?

Not sure on this, will let Vecko or someone else more knowledgeable than I answer.

Quote:

I allso read somewhere that map tools colors can`t be changed anymore, is that the case? Not a big deal, just personal preferences I guess.

You can still change map colors, it's just been moved I believe. You have to use the generic patcher.

Quote:

I have some issue with 1440p with the TAI map beeing all wonky and a white box appearing in the bottom left corner. Is this a problem that will go away when I reinstall the pack and choose my current resolution during installment?

Best regards!:Kaleun_Salute:

I haven't run into any issues and I'm using 21:9 (3440x1440).

Great to see you back Shaefer and just in case others don't know, here's his Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8b...hmZVW97z4py7xA

Hope you don't mind me posting it. Love your SH5 vids.

Shaefer 01-25-19 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siege00 (Post 2588255)
Not sure on this, will let Vecko or someone else more knowledgeable than I answer.

No worries. I would sure like to know, Vecko:03:

Quote:

You can still change map colors, it's just been moved I believe. You have to use the generic patcher.

Thats greate. It would be horrible going back to stock colors.

Quote:

I haven't run into any issues and I'm using 21:9 (3440x1440).

Great to see you back Shaefer and just in case others don't know, here's his Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8b...hmZVW97z4py7xA

Hope you don't mind me posting it. Love your SH5 vids.

I got 1440p to work, with a few kinks, but the trade off is worth it. :D

I don`t mind at all. Thank you. :Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 01-25-19 06:12 PM

Hi Guys
Catch up with Shaefer's lastest 3 2019 YouTube videos 16 - 17 - 18 the first new ones since 2017.
Post #23 Let’s Play Silent Hunter 5 Battle Of The Atlantic (TWOS) 2016 > Empty Cup (Shaefer) > Last Episode 18 January 23rd 2019
Peter

boogen 01-25-19 08:56 PM

awesome!!

amazing megamod ever seen

:Kaleun_Cheers:

Shaefer 01-26-19 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2588399)

Wow! It's been that long? Time really flies.
Thanks for the shout out Berbster! :Kaleun_Salute:

Innos 01-27-19 11:40 AM

I am looking foreward for this mod, and if one day I can download mods here, I would download it ;)