SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Topo65 09-28-18 06:40 AM

Every time I load a saved mission file, then I load my journal file manually from journal windows. If not, I can not see the previous navigation marks. I dont know why, but its how work for me.

:hmmm:

Fifi 09-28-18 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topo65 (Post 2570467)
Every time I load a saved mission file, then I load my journal file manually from journal windows.

What are you calling « journal windows »? :hmmm:

When your save file is loaded, hence you are in game, how you load manually the journal?

Sorry, i don’t really understand :oops:

Topo65 09-28-18 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2570468)
What are you calling « journal windows »? :hmmm:

When your save file is loaded, hence you are in game, how you load manually the journal?

Sorry, i don’t really understand :oops:

I am sorry. English is not my native language. I mean this...

http://i63.tinypic.com/j8iogj.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/123a1vr.jpg

Always after load a game file, I load my journal in this way.

Fifi 09-28-18 07:45 AM

Ah cool :up: now i see!

Ok you are using the dedicated buttons in the in game journal ... i’ll Try :salute:

Fifi 09-28-18 11:03 AM

Many thanks Topo65 :yeah:

After so many years playing SH5, you solved my issue :D

First i had to name my journal by the sub hull number, and not capt name... other wise it’s not working!
Second, i need to access nav map by M instead of icon, to be able to plot supermark with pencil.
Then, as you told me, saving journal by dedicated buttons before exiting to main screen, seems to work better than by the window pupping after exiting to main screen.
Back into game after loading save, first thing i do is load manually the journal by dedicated buttons, and i can see all nav marks and supermarks :up:

I would prefer seeing destroyed marks instead of nav marks though... :har:

But as turn around, i could put a supermark with appropriate text for each destroyed ship! This way, they could load each time ... or change the supermark icon by the destroyed mark...

Topo65 09-28-18 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2570496)
Many thanks Topo65 :yeah:

After so many years playing SH5, you solved my issue :D

First i had to name my journal by the sub hull number, and not capt name... other wise it’s not working!
Second, i need to access nav map by M instead of icon, to be able to plot supermark with pencil.
Then, as you told me, saving journal by dedicated buttons before exiting to main screen, seems to work better than by the window pupping after exiting to main screen.
Back into game after loading save, first thing i do is load manually the journal by dedicated buttons, and i can see all nav marks and supermarks :up:

I would prefer seeing destroyed marks instead of nav marks though... :har:

But as turn around, i could put a supermark with appropriate text for each destroyed ship! This way, they could load each time ... or change the supermark icon by the destroyed mark...

Pleased to help you! Just one more question. You have this option enabled, right?

http://i65.tinypic.com/20gk7xw.jpg

Fifi 09-28-18 01:50 PM

Yes i have the destroyed marks enabled.

The problem is in each save, when you look into your document/SH5/Cfg/saves/last save, the destroyed mark file do not show the coordinates of the sinked ship. It says something like 1000.000, instead of real coordinates... so they can’t appear on nav map.

vdr1981 09-28-18 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2570531)
Yes i have the destroyed marks enabled.

The problem is in each save, when you look into your document/SH5/Cfg/saves/last save, the destroyed mark file do not show the coordinates of the sinked ship. It says something like 1000.000, instead of real coordinates... so they can’t appear on nav map.

They actually appear all in the same place somewhere in south Atlantic near African coast...It's a known problem.

vivik 09-28-18 07:29 PM

Hey I am a new subsim fan and people recommended me to get this mod for Silent Hunter 5. I've downloaded all the files and read the installation guide. How ever every time when I finish the The Wolves of Steel mod installer it gives this error:

'Windows did not find 'TWoS_JSGME.exe'

Where do I get this exe file? Tried searching from the google and forums but I found only the JSGME itself not the TWoS version.

Please help a newbie here.

Edit: Ive also tried few different installations. Also updated the game to 1.2.0 version.

Fifi 09-29-18 02:31 AM

Questions for Vecko:

- Is there any thermal layer in TWOS?

- is there any depth charge deaf effect? (Little time after depth charge explosion when destroyers can’t listen to you)

THEBERBSTER 09-29-18 04:06 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > vivik
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Where did you install TWoS?

Check this out, did you make a mistake somewhere?
Post #433 A Pictorial Step By Step Guide Through The Wolves Of Steel (TWOS) Installer > Pictorial

Tonci87 09-29-18 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2570592)
Questions for Vecko:

- is there any depth charge deaf effect? (Little time after depth charge explosion when destroyers can’t listen to you)

Would like to know this as well

vdr1981 09-30-18 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2570592)
Questions for Vecko:

- Yes , but it's too deep IIRC.
- Not really sure. You have to check irai thread for this one

fire-fox 09-30-18 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2570732)
- Yes , but it's too deep IIRC.
- Not really sure. You have to check irai thread for this one

think there is and always has been in SH3 + at least I seem to see that once the DD/DE's have dropped a few patens they seem to be less and less accurate or seem to start going off after eddies and nuchal's in the water like they would have IRL.:arrgh!:

palmic 09-30-18 10:51 AM

I would swear that i used depth charges deaf effect in TWOS when i was trying to sneak out from destroyers....
But it was not so effective, i think there is such effect but just for few seconds. Cannot confirm for sure..