SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

chipsranger 06-18-18 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0313 (Post 2557721)
You have to choose German when you install it. The game that is.

It's in German
I say all the standard voices I think too bad that would be the only thing to change.
Thank you

chipsranger 06-18-18 12:55 PM

new orders 1 the wolves of steel ?
Where do I go?

:hmmm:
:06:

Captain_AJ 06-18-18 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipersHunter (Post 2557739)
Happy times at the Atlantik airgap mission.

As many are saying in replies .. that can be a little boring .. but streak around England and the Irish coast and you will find plenty of target's and do not forget contact reports from BDU , located in Your Captains log

SnipersHunter 06-18-18 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_AJ (Post 2557850)
As many are saying in replies .. that can be a little boring .. but streak around England and the Irish coast and you will find plenty of target's and do not forget contact reports from BDU , located in Your Captains log

Allright thanks for the reply. :Kaleun_Salute:

Merboe 06-19-18 02:10 PM

Hi,
I really like the Wolves of Steel pack, it's amazing how good the game looks and works with this mod (besides some crashes and savegames that just won't load again, which made me go through Gibraltar twice...:timeout:).

There's one big gamebreaker for me, tho:

I can't see some of the text in the conversations with my crew.
Mainly, the orders are not shown.

I can click on the numbers and give them orders, yet I can't read which number is what order. So I am guessing and trying to remember.

Is there a way to get the texts back?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you need some input on what to change for the next version:

1) An option to pause the game when an enemy target is spotted.

2) Pop up helpers for all the icons (so you know what the icon does).

3) Why can I only enter the Captain's bed once? After I leave it for a short time, I cannot enter it again. I like laying in my bed and reading a book while the ship keeps moving along.

4) An option for higher visibility range under water would be nice.

5) External camera somehow is broken. It worked in 1.6, now it's just showing some random underwater scene or something.

THEBERBSTER 06-19-18 05:44 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Merboe
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Quote:

4) An option for higher visibility range under water would be nice.
Check this out.

Post #170 How To Improve Underwater Visibility

Quote:

5) External camera somehow is broken.
Reload the game save.

fitzcarraldo 06-19-18 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merboe (Post 2558019)
Hi,

5) External camera somehow is broken. It worked in 1.6, now it's just showing some random underwater scene or something.

If you use the salamis addon (food hanged in the boat), you will have problems with external camera, after some consume of fuel (linked to the food). Play without external camera or deactivate the salamis mod. Problem not resolved yet.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

chipsranger 06-19-18 10:50 PM

Camera out Sectors

camera out of sectors

Do you have a patch?
Click link
https://postimg.cc/image/wq2poboql/

:06:

palmic 06-20-18 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipersHunter (Post 2557739)
Happy times at the Atlantik airgap mission.

You can increase chance to contact enemy by leveling of radio man. More skill he has, more radio contacts youll have. Since Atlantic is insanly huge, this is much better chance, than listening in waters. :arrgh!:

+ use some search pattern in ingame scripting, it will control moves, dives and TC, so you will not have to control it manually.

vdr1981 06-20-18 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merboe (Post 2558019)
There's one big gamebreaker for me, tho:

I can't see some of the text in the conversations with my crew.
Mainly, the orders are not shown.

I can click on the numbers and give them orders, yet I can't read which number is what order. So I am guessing and trying to remember.

Is there a way to get the texts back?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like your mod hasn't been installed properly. I would suggest full game reinstallation according to provided install instructions.Cheers.:salute:

SnipersHunter 06-20-18 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2558071)
You can increase chance to contact enemy by leveling of radio man. More skill he has, more radio contacts youll have. Since Atlantic is insanly huge, this is much better chance, than listening in waters. :arrgh!:

+ use some search pattern in ingame scripting, it will control moves, dives and TC, so you will not have to control it manually.

I never thought about the radioman's skills. Thank you very much i will try that out.

Concerning the automated scripts: I used them for quite a while but I did not find any more ships as usual. Just less work I guess :)

palmic 06-21-18 03:20 AM

Correct

NorCal88 06-21-18 05:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good Evening (In Okinawa) Everyone,

I did the SH5 Digital Download and installed TWoS add-on. Everything seems fine until I start a new game and I get a weird screen that I can only hit “ESC” from and try again. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, my knowledge of how these work is relatively limited and I apologize if this is vague information to start. I can provide any additional information if required.

Thank you for your time.

If the screenshot attachment does not work please let me know.

Jimbuna 06-21-18 06:57 AM

Welcome to SubSim NorCal88 :Kaleun_Salute:

Taki1980 06-21-18 10:44 AM

Is it modded that you can count Shipsscrew RPM for estimate Speed of Hydrophone Contact?