SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 03-24-18 06:30 AM

@ waldwolf1967

1. Z subs are only recognition manual entries, , don't remove them (other).

2. Long initial loading time is caused by significantly increased nations roster folder, nothing else...

Trool323 03-24-18 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosco74 (Post 2546600)
Ok I hope it won't screw up my DirectX 12 :-)
Thanks guyz

I can confirm that you DO NOT need directx9 to run this. I'm using directx 12 and it works fine for me. Is it possible to change the time compression like in sh3,4 with this mod? x64 for land proxy is killing me. Also I'll take my chances with 4096.

CmdrAlc 03-24-18 07:51 AM

So got it to work. But now I cannot select any mission. Even when saving and reloading when I enter the bunker.

What I also find strange is that when i start a new campaign, I am not asked if I would like to start the tutorial mission or not (wich seems to be the soluton to SKIP it to get the missions to work when you start a new campaign for the 2nd time).

How can I solve this? It's really frustrating and I hve started, saved, reloaded for numerous times now allready. Any hints are welcome.

EDIT: uninstalled and am again downloading teh game from Uplay. Wll start the tutorial and a new campaign and will see if i get it to work before i start installing the mod.

Trool323 03-24-18 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CmdrAlc (Post 2546677)
How can I solve this? It's really frustrating and I hve started, saved, reloaded for numerous times now allready. Any hints are welcome.

The missions are selectable by date with TWOS. You cant start the costal mission until September the 4th. At the start of the game the only mission is the polish one. Your best to start a patrol without orders then end it right after. Then you will move to October and be able to start the rest of the missions.

CmdrAlc 03-24-18 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trool323 (Post 2546687)
The missions are selectable by date with TWOS. You cant start the costal mission until September the 4th. At the start of the game the only mission is the polish one. Your best to start a patrol without orders then end it right after. Then you will move to October and be able to start the rest of the missions.

Thanks for your answer, the game date was 31 of august so if indeed it needs to be at least 4th of september, it's normal then, altho the vid did told about the coastal mission. Anyway, reinstall of base game is almost finished. Will start a tutorial there, and a campaign to make sure it is working there for sure, then reinstall the mod as well.

Do I have to restart a campaign or will I be able to load an allready started campaign with the mod?

Trool323 03-24-18 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CmdrAlc (Post 2546688)
Do I have to restart a campaign or will I be able to load an allready started campaign with the mod?

I think you have to start a new game but dont hold me to that as I never tried that.

Muckenberg 03-24-18 10:40 AM

Hello
I recently read that one of the captains had a problem (crash of the game) in one of the basic single missions. Can this issue also affect multiplayer missions? If so, why would you need to create multiplayer missions for TWoS?
I ask that we always have a crash with a colleague when we launch a torpedo at basic multiplayer missions

waldwolf1967 03-24-18 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2546667)
@ waldwolf1967

1. Z subs are only recognition manual entries, , don't remove them (other).

2. Long initial loading time is caused by significantly increased nations roster folder, nothing else...

Thank you for that info! Had not thought that 10-12 countries cause more such a load time ....... GWX had then just over 50 entries. The New Funnel-Smoke Mod I should have finished in the next few days .....

CmdrAlc 03-24-18 05:54 PM

So i reinstalled it all, and without the mod it works as it is supposed to do.

But without the mod, it tries to launch it and it says that the files are corrupted.
And then it checks all files to restore them if needed. Any idea how this can happen? Seems like the mod isn't working for me (or I do something wrong, probably the last one).

If more info is needed, i can give tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Aktungbby 03-24-18 06:13 PM

welcome aboard!

CmdrAlc!:Kaleun_Salute:

Muckenberg 03-25-18 03:50 AM

Hello
still is a question to my previous one. would it be a big problem to put salami in the headquarters too? Maybe where they are bananas?

excel4004 03-25-18 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2546756)
Hello
still is a question to my previous one. would it be a big problem to put salami in the headquarters too? Maybe where they are bananas?

Please not, for me its enough now. Much better balanced as in the org mod version.

vdr1981 03-25-18 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2546756)
Hello

Bigger than you would actually expect since working with gr2 format is very difficult.

THEBERBSTER 03-25-18 11:29 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > CmdrAlc
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3-4-5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

CmdrAlc 03-25-18 12:38 PM

Thx for the welcome.

Sadly I have to report bad news. After the game ran good yesterday evening without the mod, decided to install the mod again.

The installation of the mod went without any problems or errors. I selected the check mission progress thing as only one since I didnt' really know the others and would be adding them one by one to fully understand each one of them.

BUT

then I launched the game and I had the message some files where corrupted and I could let U-play check them and if necessary repair them. I letted that run and then the game didn't go further then the small screen with the picture of the captain at the periscope and that circle turning and turning and turning in the right bottom.

So I uninstalled, removed all folders, redownloaded, reinstalled and it is still the same problem. The game doesn't want to start up.
I have set to run as administrator, tried with compability mode to win 7.

Any advice? I really don't know what else to do.

I run with intel core i5, nvdia geforce 720m (yes it's an older laptop but it does it job) Windows 10.

EDIT: apearently the thing broken is the desktop shortcut.